Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor: Resident Evil 5 Confirmed for PC (Day and Date!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Resident Evil 5 Confirmed for PC (Day and Date!)

In a surprising turn of events, Capcom seems to have confirmed that Resident Evil 5 will be getting a PC release. Capcom sent an updated release schedule list to the website MCV, which lists Resident Evil 5 as being for the PC, as well as the 360 and PS3. The date for the release is March 13th, which would land it with a day-and-date release with the console versions.

Shacknews contacted Capcom for comment, and they responded, saying they can neither confirm nor deny a PC version.

Check out more at Shack News.

In other news, Resident Evil Realm has got a couple interviews (English versions are available) with several motion actors from Resident Evil 5. Theres even a Leon interview from his actor in Degeneration. Be sure to check the page out!

Resident Evil Realm Motion Actor Interviews.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-04-2008, 02:37 PM.

d'oh. just a few seconds late .

Last edited by A-J; 11-04-2008, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Hahah ;)

Comment

Ah man...that'd be great. I wouldn't have to buy a PS3 then.

But wasn't the RE4 PC port awful...?
        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-04-2008, 02:35 PM.

Comment

My PC sucks, I couldn't even play TR Underworld's demo. I know I won't be able to play RE5 either. This is so lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
            That was because of a few reasons. Firstly, they outsourced the port to Ubisoft. Secondly, they didn't build the engine/game with PC in mind.

The engine they are using for RE5 is well suited to PCs. Just check out the PC versions of DMC4, or Lost Planet. Both of them use the same engine. I have no doubt that the PC version of 5 will be the definitive version. The only question is when will it get released.

Comment

third party patches made it better. That's the big advantage of a PC version, endless modding. That and the framework (?) engine is PC based, so its gonna be right at home.
              Last edited by A-J; 11-04-2008, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Well, I am going to keep my fingers crossed that RE5 for the PC gets released on 3/13/09...but I guess that would be counterproductive to 360/PS3 console sales.

And I will be in the same boat as JL; needing a PC upgrade.

Still great news on the PC release. Thanks fellas.

Comment

I can't afford a PS3 system, and I wouldn't buy it If I had to. So, I guess I'll be upgrading this piece of junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                    Firstly, they outsourced the port to Ubisoft.
                    Sourcenext ported the game not Ubisoft.

Comment

Ah, I should have realized that Ubisoft was probably the publisher. Thanks

Comment

I had no doubts that there will be a pc port, I just hope it will be released after the consoles, like after a couple of mounth [insert evil laugh here]. And it was interesting to read the interviews, they were great.
                        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I will be getting it on PS3 but I hope a they put out a PC version so more fans can ejoy the game. I find it hard to believe that they will release it that early but who knows.

Comment

You're right, it's hard to believe that PC port is going to be the same date release as PS3 and X-BOX360. But anyway, it's the only way I will be able to play it. I guess I'm going to need a Core Duo with 4 GB and 300GB HD...

Comment

You know what this means, right?

Wiimote mod ftmfw.

Comment

Working...
                              X