Capcom's Sales Projection for Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom's Sales Projection for Resident Evil 5

Capcom released some internal sales projection for some of their to-be-released titles recently, including Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5 and Dead Rising Wii.

For Resident Evil 5, they are hoping that 3.2 million copies of the game will be sold. Its not stated in Kotaku, but I believe they will be combining the sales on all the platforms for that projection numbers.

Kotaku: How Many Copies Will Res V, SFIV Sell?

I think RE5 will sell more than 4 million copies or maybe more in the long run, in the other hand, the projection numbers for Bionic Commando look insane to me.

Comment

I'm not good with sales numbers because I really don't care, but I'd think it would sell more than that, being a PS360 game.

Comment

If Kane and Lynch can sell 1.5 million then there's no reason Bionic Commando can't hit that target eventually. I'm suprised that they're sticking a 1.7 million estimate on SF4, i'd have assumed it would do a lot better than that... Have some faith in your old classics, Capcom!

As for RE4, over 14 million downloaded videos on Gametrailers, there's definitely a lot of interested people out there. 3.5 million seems like a healthy estimate, though i'd expect it surpassing that target in the long run.

Comment

Capcom is usually conservative in their projections. RE games routinely outsell their projection.

Comment

If biohazard Wii edition can meet its sales figures with a game that can already be played on the Wii im guessing RE5's gunna do quite well

Comment

throw in a wii version and they just might reach 6 million.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                throw in a wii version and they just might reach 6 million.
                I hope you're not talking about RE5 on the Wii.

Comment

I believe he is. Eitherway RE 5 will sell and make capcom a lot of money. Then work on RE 6 will begin.

Comment

That's how it always works in vidoegames industry, as long as it brings money it's an endless cycle. Anyway I think that people wii buy much more copies of re5.
                    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I'm sure RE5 will sell real good

Comment

^Yeah, no doughts here.
                        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Working...
                        X