Resident Evil 5's Developers Interview at 1Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5's Developers Interview at 1Up

Apparently, only parts of the interview that 1up have with the key members of the developing team were shown in the previous issue of EGM. With the new issue soon to be released, 1up have decided to put up the full EGM interview online, including questions and answers that were removed from what you see in the magazine itself.

1Up's Resident Evil 5 Interview

So were facing the Las Plagas again. At least it's an advanced version.

Comment

So that's end up all the discusing; it's Las Plagas REloaded... hope they give us a good explination about why is that... u_u

Comment

Why do I have a feeling that Ada just might be involved "again".

Comment

Whoa, they really cut down the interview for the magazine...

...anyway, I'm not surprised by the role of Las Plagas in RE5. Not one bit. It's a new type of bio-warfare. It's the hip new thing. It once was the G-Virus, but now Las Plagas is the new kid on the block. It'll be interesting to see how TriCell/Wesker got their hands on it, though.

Comment

"1UP: Those are some good herbs. And it's another staple of the Resident Evil series that seems to reappear. Besides what you mentioned, the returning elements -- it's a horror game, not an FPS, so you can't fire while running -- are an important part of the Resident Evil series. Like the dogs. What are other things that clearly define a game as a Resident Evil game?

JT: Personally speaking, I think one of the most important things to the Resident Evil series is the guns -- all the different guns that appear. They've always gotten better and better throughout each of the games. How you specifically use the guns to battle the enemies has always been pretty important to me. I think that's one thing that won't change no matter how long the series goes on. "

. I didn't understand anything about RE Series so far...

Comment

But a lot of RE4 also felt very repetitious, almost like it was long for the sake of being long
              Really?, RE4 felt perfect from the beginning to the end in my honest opinion.

Good interview. Can wait to see that minigame, but I bet is going to be a mercenaries "online" mode.

Comment

Well I for one an relieved its confirmed to be Plagas.

Why? well look at this way if it was solely progenitor, then surely the progenitor virus would be better than the T-Virus for BOW production. The ability to control the basic offspring of the virus would be significantly better than the later developed T-Virus.

The T-Virus is better than Progenitor, as progenitor is used as a base in nearly all of the virus's in the games, it holds many secrets which hopefully RE5 will uncover for us.

remember we also see Excella wondering around with a virus sample, which could be Progenitor. So once again im predicting its Plagas with Progenitor.

Comment

Petronio : Sure, it's not what you would expect, but I agree with him. I've always loved Resident Evil weaponry. For example, the handgun Chris and Sheva are using is the good old Beretta, and that's freaking great \o/

Zombie : The village area was perfect, but the castle and the island had some not-so-good areas in my opinion.

Comment

That was a good interview there some part that sounded really cool and fun I caint wait to see how RE5 turn's out.

Comment

Parasite or Virus? Capcom, get your facts straight.

JT: Yes, the virus that appears in Resident Evil 5 is an advanced form of the virus that appeared in Resident Evil 4: the Las Plagas virus
                      Wait.... What?

Comment

Virus? LOL

Comment

Yeah, I suppose your puzzled because the las plagas is a parasite, but we have to remember this might be a translated interview and you know how badly some words can be translated.

Comment

So, a strain that is T-Virus combined with Plagas.

I wonder how it works. Is the Parasite itself injected with the T-Virus?

Comment

Wasn't it confirmed a while back that the virus wasn't the T-Virus or the Las Plagas or was that a translation error as well?

I also think that its the Las Plagas combined with the Progenitor Virus. I just hope since the Plagas are back, Capcom doesn't go lazy and just throw the same enemies at us (El Gigante, etc). Hopefully the el gigante in RE5 won't be taken down the same way it was in RE4, IE shooting it until the parasite pops out of its back, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X