Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RPD Dispatch 6 - Resident Evil (Movie)

Originaly I wanted to say something about Romeros script in my message, so I dowloaded it, stared to read it and... stopped right after the "Chris sleping with Jill" part. I belive it was the 2nd page. But I would still love to hear what you guys will say about it. And will you mention the movie alternative ending (that sucked)?
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Optic Camouflage

Chris banged Jill? Maybe I should read this script.

No actual "bang" part, it is revealed in the very beginning that they are lovers, cause she wakes up in his bad, and all that stuff that usually goes after it. And sure read the script,I just had no guts to finish it
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Optic Camouflage

Banging > implied banging.

Nevermind what I said about reading the script.

Yea I really had to struggle to get through that part, as well as the rest of the script. It seemed to me like the whole script was taking abunch of characters/scenes from the game and then altering them to the point where they pretty much had nothing to do with it. Sometimes I just don't understand why it's so hard for people to make a script based of a best-selling game when they pretty much have their work cut out for themselves. Obviously, you shouldn't make durastic changes to the plot/characters if that's what drew in all the fans. I hated to see Romero's script scrapped since he was one the game's influences, but it just had too many problems.
    Last edited by REmaster; 11-14-2008 at 01:35 PM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Boulder Incident Witness

The one thing I just hate about Romero's script is that he turned Chris from a marksman from a special force into a native American that contemplate nature... I really don't understand why he did that.
    Apart from that, the script is ok. It isn't 100% true to the game, but at least it tries to tell the game's story one way or another instead of creating super Alice and evil AI :/.

I enjoyed whaching Anderson's film I gess it's because there ist any other live action resident evil films out there at the moment and I gess that's why I enjoy whaching them the only problem with Anderson is in one of his interviews he said he's always been resident evil fan and he always wanted to make live ation films and make them the way he see fits not the fans way but his way and that why most fans think his films are shit. But I think the 1st one was the best out of the other too the second film it the poorist one out of all of them I think we will get other people out there who might do there own verison of resident evil I re read though Romero's original script that that has some intresting part in there like.

War Horse Uranium

The phone line on skype is open now. So if anyone wants to call in, you can do so now.

Sadistic Medicine

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
    Chris banged Jill? Maybe I should read this script.
    Taken from the script itself

INT JILL'S APARTMENT DAWN

CHRIS walks into a characterless apartment. He quietly
    sheds his clothes. Even in silhouette, we can see that his
    body is in perfect shape, not pumped, but lean and tight.
    Moving lithely, with the natural gr-ace of a cat, he eases
    himself into a bed where...

...a beautiful young girl, JILL VALENTINE, seems to be fast
    asleep. As Chris nestles in beside her, we see that her
    eyes, facing away, are open. Chris gently drapes an arm
    around her and lets his body relax.

CHRIS
    (A whisper) Glad you're still
    here, lady

JILL
    It's my apartment.
    For some reason when I pasted and posted it, the word ***** was **** out but oh well...there you go. Like I said...re-reading the script...the characters are bleh. Ada is Marcus's lover I think...not Spencer's like I thought at first. Again...been a while...and I dont plan on reading it again.

edit again- Um....why is the word gr-ace edited out?

Anyway...Marcus Confirmed as Ada's lover.

ADA
    The man I loved, John Marcus...
    developed the organism that caused
    all this. He... he did it for
    humanitarian purposes. It was
    taken away from him...for in-human
    purposes...by men like you!

WESKER
    No, ma'am. Men like me... are just
    errand boys. Sent in to do the
    wet-work. All of the glory. None
    of the benefits.
    If anyone wants to read the script...just google it.
    Last edited by Bertha; 11-15-2008 at 12:56 AM.

Banned

***** is a dirty word... don't ever mention it

I look forward to hearing this.
    I actually liked the 2nd one best, out of the 3 films. The first is okay. There is a lot I hate about it and it's really a pretty crap movie over all but I don't find it completely unwatchable.
    One of my (many) complaints is the look of the zombies. They look SHIT! It is so obvious that the scars and wounds on their faces have been added via a computer. It looks weak and cheap. Compare the zombies with those in Day of the Dead (made in 1985) and its just pathetic.

Banned

I called in!

I am determined to call into every podcast

Overly Old School

If only I could find my mic...

Well, the first movie is the best of the bunch. It's plothole are big enough for only a person on a small bike to drive through, rather than the ones in the other movies which are more super tanker sized.

Of course, it isn't scary. And there are major problems when more people die to lazy beams in a zombie movie than, say, zombies. And Alice's rise to super awesomeness begins by kicking dogs to death and, of course, killing a zombie with her thighs. So it's a crap horror movie.

But compared to Apocolypse and, of course, Extinction it isn't so bad. Then again, compared to Apocolypse, syphillis isn't so bad.

Darkmoon, you know I absolutely agree with you here. Even more, I actually used the same arguments in my message. It's good to know that someone have similar opinion. But will you mention the deleted ending of the movie?

i sent my ? via email, mostly due ot my piece of crap mic

For British Eyes Only

What time we can expect the podcast?

THIA Staff

Icon2 Anderson had a traumatizing childhood... o_O

If you guys get a chance, listen to the commentaries for the first film as they are abit funny to watch. One of my favorite parts was when Anderson said something along the lines of "this happened to me as a child" in reference to the events of the movie. It was amusing to me anyway...

An Old-Fashioned Cowboy Archelon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Omega View Post
    If you guys get a chance, listen to the commentaries for the first film as they are abit funny to watch. One of my favorite parts was when Anderson said something along the lines of "this happened to me as a child" in reference to the events of the movie. It was amusing to me anyway...
    "Yogurt?! Yogurt?!"

War Horse Uranium

Nomad, You mean the ending where Alice goes to Umbrella HQ? Interestingly enough, If I'm remembering right, that ending was only shown on the UK DVD release. It wasn't until one of the subsequent re-releases that the US got it.

I recall on the commentaries, Milla going off on one of the people for saying Jovovich, rather than Yovovich. It might have been Rodriguez. Infact, she explicitly says her name at one point for a clip intro, I think it was for MTV. She pronounces it very clearly, so maybe she just came off the set with Rodriguez calling her that XD

We're recording in 6 hours, so if you have a call-in, or a post you want read on air, do it before then. The podcast will likely go up early Sunday, but no promises on that. It depends on how much editing there is. It may be the afternoon.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-15-2008 at 02:27 PM.

I didn't like Romero's script because it was a bastardized version of the game. I believe if that version came out, people would get confused on both storylines. Anderson's version sucks too but at least I can say it has nothing to do with the game. It wasn't until he started adding characters from the game in the second movie that I really started to get pissed off.
    Last edited by Stars1356; 11-15-2008 at 06:26 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information