News Roundup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Roundup

It seems we missed numerous news worthy things over the past three days or so. So heres a giant post full of information.

First up, Resident Evil Realm had previously posted a bunch of interviews with motion actors for Resident Evil 5. They now have a very nice interview with the actress who plays Excella Gionne, Nina Fehren. She is both the face, and motion actress for Excella.

Nina Fehren Interview

Next up, Paul Anderson has confirmed that the Alice clone army that is revealed in the third movie, Extinction, will return in the fourth movie. I09 has the scoop:

While doing press for his latest movie Death Race, Paul W.S. Anderson took some time to address one of the most pressing issues of our time: the fourth Resident Evil movie. Would the army of cloned Alices from the end of RE3 appear in the sequel? After much prodding, io9 got Anderson to at least admit that should said video game movie be made, there WOULD be an army of sexy lady clones.
    Paul Anderson Interview

I guess there were some fears the Resident Evil 5 would be censored a bit before release for European territories, no doubt these rumors we're fueled by a couple recent high profile games getting content cut. But not to worry, a Capcom Europe executive has confirmed that the game will not be censored. The game site MCV has the details:

Capcom has promised that Resident Evil 5 is not about to shy away from gore in a bid to get a lower age certification.

“We’re never going to create a gore-free Resident Evil title to try and get a lower rating as it’s a game about the horror experience and gore is part of that,” said Rhys Cash, Capcom UK's research and planning manager.
    Resident Evil 5 Uncensored at MCV

I'm not sure how this one slipped through the cracks, but back in September, a user named "residentevil4all" uploaded some footage of the Degeneration cellphone game onto youtube. It looks pretty poor, in both graphics and gameplay, but astute viewers will notice some similar camera angles to Resident Evil 2.

Degeneration Cell Phone Footage

Karen Dryer, Sheva's motion actress, continues to make the rounds. Biohaze has an interview up with her. So if you haven't had enough of her yet, check the link below.

Biohaze Interviews Karen Dryer

Gametrailers has an exclusive clip from Degeneration. So if you can't wait until December for the release, check it out below.

Gametrailers Degeneration Clip

E-Capcom has added the Degeneration soundtrack to their page. Along with it, they post some details on what is contained inside the DVD disc.

[DVD]

<Movie Trailers>
    "GUILTY" biohazard DEGENERATION Original Clip Ver.
    Comic-Con International Ver.

<Movie Trailers>
    BIOHAZARD5 (PS3/X360)
    biohazard (Wii)
    biohazard0 (Wii)
    バイオハザード アンブレラ・クロニクルズ (Wii)
    biohazard4 (Wii)
    biohazard4 (PS2)
    BIOHAZARD -CODE:Veronica-完全版 (PS2)
    全28分収録(予定)
    Finally, it seems that the Bionic Command (3D) release may contain the Resident Evil 5 demo. At the moment, the only source for this is a site called Mighty Ape, but it could lend credence to Judd's claim that "Capcom has an ace up its sleeve". Take it with a grain of salt, though.

Mighty Ape - BC3D = RE5 Demo

Thanks to everyone who reported these news stories. Sorry I can't list your names this time.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-13-2008, 03:40 PM.

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    Paul Anderson has confirmed that the Alice clone army that is revealed in the third movie, Extinction, will return in the fourth movie.
    Wow, I just threw up in my mouth a little. Now, I know I don't have to watch this film, but I shudder at the thought of it being green-lit. Regardless, I avoided "Extinction" and I'll avoid this crapfest.

Comment

You're welcome for the interviews.

Comment

Bionic Commando with an RE5 demo? I want the demo this year! What's the point of waiting till Jan 30th? The game will come out in like 1 and a half months after the demo. Might as well just wait till March to play it IMO.

Comment

Seems like they are more than ready to hand out the demos

Comment

Lol.
            Last edited by Vector; 11-13-2008, 11:18 PM.

Comment

No way I'am gona buy Bionic Comando, not even for RE5 demo. I'll better wait for the full version. And the interviews were great.
              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                Wow, I just threw up in my mouth a little. Now, I know I don't have to watch this film, but I shudder at the thought of it being green-lit. Regardless, I avoided "Extinction" and I'll avoid this crapfest.
                I felt the same way. Lucky there is so much RE 5 and Degeneration info out there that it makes the news of another movie less painful.

Comment

Working...
                X