No announcement yet.

Biohazard Remake (Wii) Boxart Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the U.S. REmake cover is not bad, it is just not as good as the PAL one.

I don't really like the heroes to be on the covers of the games. I prefer to see an image that makes me think there is horror in store...

Compare these for example. One screams "fail," while the other doesn't scream anything. It just exudes terror...

Here're some other bad box covers...

This, on the other hand, is perfect:

Though this one is legendary...ahem...in its greatness!

Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-14-2008, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
      Yeah, the U.S. REmake cover is not bad, it is just not as good as the PAL one.
      I don't really like the heroes to be on the covers of the games. I prefer to see an image that makes me think there is horror in store...
      Thx for finding the words I was searching for :-).
      If you ask me the cover of RE2 is the best at the moment.
      I mean the PAL cover of the NGC version. That cover
      has a really impressive style. 1+ for the designers of this cover.

And yeah I have to admit that the PAL Cover of CVX is total crap, only
      because Claire's the heroine they mustn't have her facing filling the entire
      package.
      Last edited by レオンスコットケネディ; 11-14-2008, 05:57 PM.

Comment

As for cover arts.
        The Japanese Remake(GC) > PAL > US

I like the PAL cover of 0 over all the other releases too.

The original Bio2 / RE2 PAL PSX box art is good too.

The rest are pretty much neck and neck, with all the CODE Veronica arts being equally as bad as each other.
        Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 11-14-2008, 06:05 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

@Jill's Boob : REmake PAL is the one with the title name right? U.S cover is the one with the zombie grabbing Jill... Are you saying you prefer Pal cover, or that U.S cover could have been better than that?

Comment

The RE2 cover is the one i meaned. They also used it (at least) for the UK cover
            of the NGC version. And if you look at the PAL Cover of Zero it's just... simple.
            Japan often (mostly) get the colorful packages, America is one level lower judging
            from the colors but Europe mostly has the really simple covers. Compare the packages
            of most games. You will see this theory's mostly right.

If you ask me the PAL Cover is definitely the best.
            But the best US Cover is the RE3 PSX cover. The letters have a better style
            and the colors are much darker than the colors of the PAL cover.
            Last edited by レオンスコットケネディ; 11-14-2008, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
              As for cover arts.
              The Japanese Remake(GC) > PAL > US

The original Bio2 / RE2 PAL PSX box art is good too.

The rest are pretty much neck and neck, with all the CODE Veronica arts being equally as bad as each other.
              Gene...what does the Japanese REmake cover look like? I only know of the PAL and U.S. ones. (Unless it is the one with the title in the foreground and the main hall in the background? That was the one that I thought was the PAL cover.) And I think the PAL RE2 is okay, but I prefer the U.S. one - I remember that image from the pre-release media push, and it made me so excited for RE2 ten years ago. That zombie, looking out from behind the corner, is just such a powerful image to me. As for the RECV covers...I agree with you completely. They are all awful.

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
              @Jill's Boob : REmake PAL is the one with the title name right? U.S cover is the one with the zombie grabbing Jill... Are you saying you prefer Pal cover, or that U.S cover could have been better than that?
              JL, I do like the PAL REmake cover better than the U.S. one. Now, the U.S. one is fine, but I like the one where the title is over the cover image of the mansion main hall. (Like I was asking Gene about above...that cover may be from the Japanese REmake.)

Speaking of Japanese covers - I liked the J-cover for REUC. Now, I know I said I don't like the heroes to be on the cover, but for some reason, REUC doesn't fit the standard RE horror feel, so the collection of heroes under a larger picture of Wesker fits that game, to me.

EDIT: Looking at all these covers makes me angry that games aren't universal for consoles. Why do we have to have region-locking?
              Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-14-2008, 06:14 PM.

Comment

U.S. Cover

PAL COVER

JP COVER

The U.S cover is definitely better for me... and it has nothing to do with Jill being on it. I like the tense atmosphere that shows that artwork and somehow they tried to show that zombies are more creep and dangerous than before... that artworks has life.
                I'm pretty biased against PAL covers they all sucks... they should all be the same...
                Last edited by Jill Lover; 11-14-2008, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post

JP COVER
                  There it is...that is beautiful. Truly an amazing cover.

J Cover > US Cover > PAL Cover
                  Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-14-2008, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Kind of. But Japanese GC cases sucks.. they are smaller than U.S cases and they are made of a delicate cardboard which you can easily damage.

Comment

The japanese cover looks very good, no need for discussion but I after
                      all prefer the PAL cover somehow. Anyways the japanese package is
                      in my showcase not the german^^. The zombie who grabs Jill should
                      better have been a screenshot on the back of the package than the
                      front cover. Japanese is more detailed, and the german (european) cover
                      is just focusing on the title, but it's as I said the japanese covers are
                      really more colorful.

Comment

Hey hey HEY!

You can't just come in here and post the PAL cover, get it bashed, and then not post the backside of it too.
                        That thing is a complete beauty.

She's a beauty. No bullshit. Pure fan-delight.
                        Pure Terror Cubed. All you need to know before buying.

Though, I seem to recall my copy not having the ONM score/comment in the upper right hand corner.

(Also, yes, Japanese GC boxes are filthy little sliding things...)

Comment

Ah... one of the reasons I love the german backcover. But on the german package
                          in the upper-right it says "Terror³". There's no rating on the cover, but our stupid
                          USK rating. And the zombie is such a beauty. The backcover is SURELY the best.

Comment

Dammit, Carnivol. That full cover does just rock.

I give up on which is the best cover - I like all 3. Regardless...all 3 covers are perfect for the BEST Resident Evil game ever made.
                            Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-14-2008, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                              What the HELL is that?

Comment

That back cover has nothing related the plot... just PURE TERROR CUBED? O_O

I like U.S cover better, it's a great artwork. And the Japanese one is good too.

Comment

Working...
                                X