• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and "Get to the choppah" too !

oh and "Im your daddy"

Comment

Another cool podcast, Dudes!
      I appreciate the effort and time taken to put these things together (as I'm sure many others do).

Interesting, the George Romero script. I think I may have liked that one better than the one Anderson used. The budget, would have determined how well it would have turned out but if he got his old pal, Tom Savini to do the effects, I think it would have been pretty good. I liked how there were zombies, hunters, Plant 42, Yawn, a Tyrant and all the game characters (even if Barry was black).

I remember when I first heard that a Resident Evil movie was to be made. My first reaction was "Oh, NO!". As a hardcore fan I knew that it would disappoint. Films like that always do. However, I thought it should at least be okay. I found it hard to imagine how the movie could totally suck, given the subject matter. We've got horror, zombies and monsters. I was thinking it could be something like a cross between Dawn of the Dead and Aliens. The film had been out on dvd for a while, before I finally got around to seeing it. Although I had low expectations, I was shocked at how bad it was. My imagination was wrong. It really was possible to make a Resident Evil movie that Totally Sucked.
      Unlike Romero's script, the only RE links we got were zombies, an evil company named Umbrella, a T-virus, a train car and one, single Licker!

I read that one of the main criticisms of the film, from RE fans, was the lack of connections to the games. Anderson's response was to include Jill, Carlos, Nickolai and the Nemesis in the sequel... (I enjoyed Apocalypse a lot more, I'll say why in the other thread)

btw, the books, which are written from the scripts, should also be included in the discussion. They always contain more detail and scenes which are not included in the final movie, as editing and cuts are made. The beginning of Apocalypse makes a lot more sense in the book and Extinction is VERY different, with an entire Jill side story.
      Last edited by Skunky; 11-19-2008, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Did Spencer diss PC gaming?! You did not!

Comment

I'm waiting for a Podcast of REmake and RE Zero. ^^

Comment

Yeah I am too waiting for the Remake podcast.
            sigpic

Comment

I am waiting for the Remake podcast as well.
              sigpic

Comment

I don't want to feel left out of this podcast, since I'm not that much interested in the movies. So, I won't get this podcast, but I'm sure you guys did a great work with it.

Comment

Another fine podcast. I liked how you went over the early scripts, now I don't have to read them myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X