RPD Dispatch 7 - Apocalypse & Extinction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apocalypse: Nemesis is made of rubber.

Extinction: The end of the world makes you wanna smoke, and the film is about the "search for the last cigarette.

Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
      Apocalypse was awful. A bastardize version of RE3, where Nemesis is some kind of a not-so-menacing robot-like mutant with feelings, Jill is a "tough girl" (although I was amazed that they managed to use Jill's RE3 clothes and Sienna didn't look like some kind of whore... but than again, Alice did), Carlos doesn't even look like Carlos (not to mention doesn't act like him) and S.T.A.R.S. are a bunch of idiots. And to top it all, Alice now have super powers. Really, a horror movie where a main character can easily beat the crap out of monsters in hand-to-hand fight? Even Leon couldn't do THAT. :/
      Oh, and there's this comedian pimp... WTF?
      Sums it up quite well.

Comment

Sienna Guillory's sexiness was Apocalypse's only redeeming quality...and then, she wasn't even in Extinction.

Comment

Sienna was the best thing that it could happen in that pathetic movie.

She did a great work. In spite of they changed her personality from the game I really liked how she portrayed Jill. She loved how Jill moved her hips in REmake... ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Andyfer_Ruu View Post
            Can we still send mp3 files in for the podcast? yes?
            Yeah, absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
              She loved how Jill moved her hips in REmake... ^^
              As did I...

As...did...I.

Comment

The second film I think relates more to the RE universe since it introduced characters from the games...but I don't think they did a very good job with them at all. Jill was turned into a bit of a bitch, and was always being underplayed by Alice. Nicholai and Carlos...where to begin? Oded Fehr sounded like he was reading straight from the script at some points, and Zack Ward made Nicholai into a nice guy (which was more or less wasn't his fault but oh well). Mike Epps provided a few decently amusing moments...I liked the fact that a normal, clumsy civilian was actually able to survive for a while.

Extinction...utter garbage. I have the novelized version...which I bought before the movie was even in theaters. It provides a bit more backstory to what happened to Angie and Jill...and Wesker was given a bit more of a role. However, in the movie, there is hardly any to no character development. The only two character I wanted to connect to was Wesker's lackey...the one that was killed when he went in to terminate Isaacs. I don't even know why I wanted to like him.

There were also more plotholes than actual plot. For one...nothing is explained about Jill and Angie. Using a spoiler tag just in case there are people that don't know...Jill ends up getting separated/goes off on her own for some reason and...
                Spoiler:

There's also the moment where Alice returns to Claire's group. LJ is infected. She should have been able to pick up on that like she did with Angie and Carlos in the last film. However, she remains silent and doesn't even acknowledge LJ at all.

One of the most annoying things was that Anderson's Mad Max theme. As the games showed very well: the virus affected more than just humans and animals. Even without humans, the world would not simply turn into a desert. I also thought the idea of a chain link fence keeping out a horde of zombies was moronic too.

That's my rant...my add more later.
                sigpic
                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Like always great podcast, the scripts talking is too much for me, I'm not that interested on the movies but is ok. And guys please, the next time don't smash the keyboard that hard, I can hear someone typing in the background, also I think the news part is really boring, maybe is because I follow the RE news day by day, maybe you should take 3 or 4 news and comment it deeply, I think stuff like " IGN posted 15 screenshoots" is not news worthy por a podcast.

Keep up the good work!.

Comment

Shoulda posted that in the RPD Dispatch 6 topic in the News Archive

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                      two shows in a row discussing the movies ? aw come on ..
                      Was gonna be three 'til I talked him 'round
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                        Shoulda posted that in the RPD Dispatch 6 topic in the News Archive
                        Sorry, something weird happend and I posted in the wrong topic.

Comment

I never liked those movies. Now Degeneration,Thats a Resident Evil movie, and I hope they make a sequel(s).

Comment

i still think apoc was freakin stupid as hell. zombie hookers, nemesis/alice pairing, no mention of chris redfield or BARRY?

WHY NO BARRY!!!!!???

GET OFF ME YOU BASTARD

struggle

[2 hours later]

i apologize and would gladly tell mr anderson both matrix and real life to -_I_ off

Comment

I've seen Apocalypse once, and Extinction once.
                              Just like this first film, this will be my second viewing, for these reviews.

And I've written a sketch about the films, which hopefully will be included in the show
                              sigpic

Comment

This will be the third watching of both films for me... and I'm not entirely looking forward to it. :p

Comment

Working...
                                X