• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPD Dispatch 7 - Apocalypse & Extinction

yay thread!

Oh, prepare for massive bashing...

Comment

two shows in a row discussing the movies ? aw come on ..

Comment

Take deep breathes AJ, we can do this
        sigpic

Comment

I need to catch up on these.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
            two shows in a row discussing the movies ? aw come on ..
            Suck it up, soldier! You're in the Resident Evil Army now!

Comment

please god give me strength.

these make AVP looks great.

Comment

I know, I didn't even realize how much I referenced these movies in the podcast. I really tried to talk more about the first movie but I couldn't hold back the rage against the sequels. That would be a good site name
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

You guys should highlight the unintentional comedic value of "Apocalypse." I saw it for free on cable and I still felt ripped off. At least I had a good laugh at how bad it was.

For instance, the special effects were terrible. This film was released 10+ years after "Jurassic Park," yet the CGI is much, much, MUCH worse. The Lickers in the church scene were so unbelievable that I was reminded of the CGI monsters in random Sci-Fi channel original films.

Alice's ensuing "action" is equally amusing. She happens to jump a motorcycle through a stained-glass window, landing perfectly between the pews and maintaining control of the bike. I think she actually hit a Licker mid-jump. Anyway, next, she manages to speed between the pews, backflip off of the bike, and send it hurtling through the air toward a Licker. Alice then somehow manages to lose her helmet, achieve a perfect gymnast dismount, and fire rounds from her guns into the motorcycle causing it to explode in a fireball. Everyone else in the room falls down from the concussive blast, while Alice maintains her pose and holsters her weapons. (Hopefully I remembered the scene accurately...as I only remember bits and pieces of a film I have tried hard to forget entirely.)

When I see that, I do not think "COOL!" I instead shake my head & laugh and imagine the 10- to 12-year-old boys who would think the action that has transpired is "cool." Yet this film was constructed and directed by men & women 20-30 years older.

The only redeemable quality for the film is how good Sienna Guillory looks.

As for "Extinction:" never saw it, never will.

EDIT: To add onto my assessment that the special effects sucked royally - when I saw this film, I never for a second thought of Nemesis as a threatening monstrosity. All I could think was: "That's a guy in a suit" or "This was the best they could do?"
                  Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-17-2008, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Oh boy, looks like I'll be avoiding another podcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                      EDIT: To add onto my assessment that the special effects sucked royally - when I saw this film, I never for a second thought of Nemesis as a threatening monstrosity. All I could think was: "That's a guy in a suit" or "This was the best they could do?"
                      You mean that Potatoe Head?, yeah, they didn't make him look as badass as he was in the game. *sigh

The movies were a good action movies, but as an adaptation and 'horror' movies, IMO, they fail epicly.
                      Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 11-17-2008, 02:53 PM.

Comment

i never saw extinction. i could not watch anymore after i saw apocolypse AKA beauty and the beast

Comment

Can we still send mp3 files in for the podcast? yes?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                            Oh boy, looks like I'll be avoiding another podcast.

Doint give up on us your a Resident Evil Fan your spouse to take these kind 's punishment I got scares all over me off whaching there too it hurts but I know I have to do why why because im a Resident Evil Fan and no matter how meany more Anderson's makes I will never go down.

Comment

The best thing about "Apocalypse" is, the moment they announced there will be Nemesis in the film, I knew that somewhere in the film Nemesis will regain Matt's memory of his relationship with Alice and thus refuse to kill her... Few years later, while watching the film, I pat myself on the back... really, it was so predictable and so cliché...

Apocalypse was awful. A bastardize version of RE3, where Nemesis is some kind of a not-so-menacing robot-like mutant with feelings, Jill is a "tough girl" (although I was amazed that they managed to use Jill's RE3 clothes and Sienna didn't look like some kind of whore... but than again, Alice did), Carlos doesn't even look like Carlos (not to mention doesn't act like him) and S.T.A.R.S. are a bunch of idiots. And to top it all, Alice now have super powers. Really, a horror movie where a main character can easily beat the crap out of monsters in hand-to-hand fight? Even Leon couldn't do THAT. :/
                              Oh, and there's this comedian pimp... WTF?
                              Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 11-17-2008, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X