• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bloody well enjoy it, Rombie

Comment

1 movie down.... 1 to go...

I'm trying to see some positive here Helegad, don't worry

Comment

Just think... if you don't like Alice, then think of the next movie. Alice x 300 clones Fun, fun, fun!!!

Comment

Ummm... yeah.... not so sure about that clone army still

I thought I better type up exactly what I'm watching, seeing as this was a bit of a point of discussion we didn't get right about the previous podcast so much.

I am {re}watching Resident Evil: Apocalypse - Deluxe Edition (Secondary Release), PAL Zone 4 DVD and Resident Evil: Extinction - Limited Edition 2-Disc Set (First Release), also PAL Zone 4 DVD.

It's interesting to note, as shown above, the classification for Apocalypse in NZ is only R13, while the classification for the original film and Extinction is both R16 in NZ (and all three films are MA15+ in Australia).

I am planning on watching all the extras from both films after the films themselves, excluding "Exclusive scene from Extinction" and Memory Game on Apocalypse, and the Audio Commentary and Degeneration Trailer on Extinction. They are:

Apocalypse
          The Evolution of Resident Evil: Bridge to Extinction
          Diary of an Apocalypse
          Undead Boot Camp
          Evil Archives
          Zombie Dog POV Test
          Stuntman Set Tour

Extinction
          Deleted Scenes
          Beyond Raccoon City: Unearthing Resident Evil Extinction
          The Players - Cast of Extinction
          Resident Road Map
          Last edited by Rombie; 11-20-2008, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Sorry dude, but you're wrong about Apocalpyse's rating in Australia. It's M15+ for Medium level violence, and Medium level coarse language.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
              Sorry dude, but you're wrong about Apocalpyse's rating in Australia. It's M15+ for Medium level violence, and Medium level coarse language.
              Across the ditch here in New Zealand, it's R13 as my scan of the cover of the DVD I have here clearly shows above, but underneath the 13 sticker for the Deluxe edition is the MA15+ Australian logo. If your first release says just M15+ then they've changed it for the Deluxe. You can see the description partially on the scan above (the full descriptive rating content is "Strong horror violence").

Edit - Just looked it up. The original Apocalypse DVD was rated under Australia's old labeling system. The new system only has M and MA15+, so what it has is the equivalent of MA15+ which is why the new version has the "correct" label and my original statement about all 3 being under MA15+ is also correct.
              Last edited by Rombie; 11-20-2008, 06:09 AM.

Comment

the best bits of the second film was the direct shots taken from the game, such as the UBCS arrival and the reflection in the helmet direct from RE3.

i didnt like the STARS in this film, nor did i like the way Nemesis was being effectively manually controlled by umbrella.
                yes, nemesis was programmed to hunt and kill STARS members in RE3, but i doubt umbrella had any visuals on him, and literally plonked him in the city to fend for himself.

its the camera work thats the biggest cock-up. the shakey camera scenes with the zombies are terrible.
                i oddly liked LJ to an extent.

Umbrella official in helicopter: "why arent we moving"
                LJ: cos i usually drive a Cadilac!

thats cracked me up 1st time lol

Comment

"GTA, motherfucker! Ooh yeah! 10 points!"

Cracks me up every time

Rombie, it's only rated MA15 because of the gory footage from Extinction. If the Extinction clip wasn't included as an extra, then it would have still been M15.
                  Last edited by Helegad; 11-20-2008, 06:36 AM.

Comment

I'll just agree to disagree with that Helegad. The Extinction sequence isn't any worse than anything in the main film.

BUT In any case the three Resident Evil movie DVD's I do have which are the same as in Australia are all rated MA15+ yet Apocalypse got away with a 13 here which surprises me a lot.

Up to the Isaac's test part of Extinction now... all I can think of was this awesome post on a local forum after the film came out originally:

Scene: Dr. Isaacs and two nameless scientist henchmen are in a square glass lab, in front of them sits a chained up zombie with some toys and other objects in front of him.

Isaacs: "So I was watching Day of the Dead the other night, classic Romero."
                    Hench1: "Astounding!"
                    Hench2: "Remarkable!"
                    Issacs: "Anyway, what they did was set up this underground bunker, like we have, and they tried to domesticate zombies. So I figured, why not, right?"
                    Hench1: "Indeed!"
                    Hench2: "You've done it!"
                    Isaacs: "And then after that I was still in a zombie-movie mood, and I thought I might as well check out that 28 Days Later that everyone's talking about. And what they had was this virus that just made people really really angry. And I thought, hey that might work even better!"
                    Hench1: "Wait, what?"
                    Hench2: "Agh! It's killing me!"
                    Hench1: "Why won't you let me live?!"
                    Last edited by Rombie; 11-20-2008, 07:49 AM.

Comment

It would be cool if you'd say a couple of words about this movies bonus and deleted scenes and maybe some extra stuff that was revealed in the books.
                      "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Um, a Vegas scene preview was included in the deluxe edition. I'm going to assume that big hole in a zombie's head by use of a shotgun is more than enough to garner an MA15+ rating (and that's not even counting all the zombie throats being slit, all the zombies being shot in the head and all the people being killed in horrible ways)

Some pictures are attached for proof.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok I just finished watching Apocalypse. I've got to save my thoughts for the podcast, but I will say this.
                          First 20 minutes are actually quite enjoyable. Those playing along at home can put the DVD on and see which character makes an entrace @ about 20 minutes in, and re-defines the meaning of farce
                          sigpic

Comment

I only watched a little bit of Apocalypse and all I gotta say is WTF at the fight scene between Nemesis and Alice. I did, however, find the song by Killswitch during the end credits very enjoyable.

Comment

I re whach Apocalypse and I enjoyed most of the film it's only the last 20 mins Anderson fucked up mainly turning the Nemesis into a sissy and a good guy

Comment

I didn't mind, actually. He had a reason to turn good.

Comment

Working...
                                X