No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 7 - Apocalypse & Extinction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree with whoever said Paul can't do game-to-movies. The first Mortal Kombat movie was pure awesome.

Anyway, I'll definitely be tuning in for this new ep. Currently downloading and listening to older ones. ^^

EDIT:
    I've never used this Skype thing. If I do download it, what do I do when I "call" you guys?
    Last edited by Becky's Butt; 11-28-2008, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Just finished watching Extinction. God, that's two hours of my life that I won't be getting back.
      See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkolas View Post
        I disagree with whoever said Paul can't do game-to-movies. The first Mortal Kombat movie was pure awesome.

Anyway, I'll definitely be tuning in for this new ep. Currently downloading and listening to older ones. ^^

EDIT:
        I've never used this Skype thing. If I do download it, what do I do when I "call" you guys?
        Well, normally Id either pick up or it would just keep ringing But basically, You'll be greeted by our answering service and then the call will begin recording and you can talk to us. We'll then edit that, and put it in the podcast. Or you can just send us a pre-recorded MP3.

Extinction seemed really limited in scope upon watching it again. It pretty much is about the failure of the convoy, and thats really about it. Oh, and clones. Lots of clones. If they are doing another one, it'll be really weird. They've pretty much killed off every character whos ever been in the series besides Alice. We just have her, and her clone army now.
        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-28-2008, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          Extinction seemed really limited in scope upon watching it again. It pretty much is about the failure of the convoy, and thats really about it. Oh, and clones. Lots of clones.
          The novelization is far more substantial, but then, it actually covers what happened to Jill and what she's up to during the events of Extinction.

Comment

Can you summarize the points? I heard that the girl they save at the end of Apocalypse dies by Alice's hand? Is that right?

Comment

Can you summarize the points? I heard that the girl they save at the end of Apocalypse dies by Alice's hand? Is that right?
              Angie? Yes...in the book she is killed by Alice. Isaacs has Alice under the mind control and he orders her to kill the little girl. Jill also goes her own way...but I really can't remember why. I know she finds some sort of outpost that has some survivors I think...I wish I could find my copy of the book but I think it may be in storage.
              Last edited by Bertha; 11-28-2008, 09:42 PM.
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Is there any reason why the "lakes and rivers eventually dried up"? K-Mart (ugghhhhhhh) mentions that the convoy found her "a few years back" and the characters don't look all that aged. So I can only assume its been maybe 7 years max since the outbreak. For everything to just turn to dust sounds really stupid, and entirely unrelated to the zombie infection. Yet they reference it as if it caused it.

Is anything in the book canon? Because Alice says she left because Umbrella were monitoring her, nothing about killing Angie.

The only thing I really liked was the addition of a Tyrant. Towards the end when it gets creepy as Alice is going through the labs with Issacs hunting her. Other than that, I didn't really like this film. John and I noticed a lot of movie references. It seemed like this entire film was all one mash-up of scenes from various other movies. The super zombie training scene, straight from Bub in Day of the Dead. Rapist family from Judge Dredd or X-Files "Home" episode. Theres a couple others, which we'll mention on the podcast.
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-28-2008, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

Not sure how canon it is to the movie...but it was a major spoiler actually since it was released before the film came out. The man that wrote it did the other novelizations of the movies as well.

It's a moderately long book as well...goes into detail about Isaacs blaming Cain for some of his problems (random page I just opened up to) and it flip flops in a before/after sense. One chapter being before the movie taking place, after being during the movie.
                    sigpic
                    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Thanks for the summary, Archelon. I might have to give it a read when I'm done with the Perry novels.

Comment

Yeah, the novel also explains how the T-Virus escaped Raccoon City.

Spoiler:

I don't remember if it goes into why the forests died and the lakes dried up, though. I don't think it does. I could be mistaken, of course.
                        Last edited by Archelon; 11-28-2008, 09:55 PM.

Comment

There's also a lot more from Umbrella's view as well...and a scene where the T-virus is released into the White House.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                            There's also a lot more from Umbrella's view as well...and a scene where the T-virus is released into the White House.
                            That's right.

When I read it, I remember thinking to myself, "How great would it be if the President's name was Graham?" Ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                              That's right.

When I read it, I remember thinking to myself, "How great would it be if the President's name was Graham?" Ha ha.
                              lol Sadly its not. Found my book so I can refernece a bit better. On page 74 of my copy....Jill refers to the RPD as the RCPD...and she also says the STARS captain is a man named Henderson, so Wesker has no ties (as of yet) to Raccoon at all.
                              sigpic
                              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                                lol Sadly its not. Found my book so I can refernece a bit better. On page 74 of my copy....Jill refers to the RPD as the RCPD...and she also says the STARS captain is a man named Henderson, so Wesker has no ties (as of yet) to Raccoon at all.
                                Yeah, Henderson was in Apocalypse. I don't think they reference him by name in the movie, though. And if I remember correctly, Wesker was a CEO for Umbrella.

Comment

Working...
                                X