Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor: Possible Exclusive Limited/Special Editions of Resident Evil 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Possible Exclusive Limited/Special Editions of Resident Evil 5?

Just got something dumped in my inbox from a good source, but posting it as a rumor for now until I see something official;

An insider close to me has revealed that there may be plans to release several versions of Resident Evil 5 on the launch date of March 13th, 2009. Although it is only early days and this information is all but 100% confirmed, several listings have popped up on several retailer lists for the following items: -

RES/EVIL 5 PS3
    RES/EVIL 5 SE PS3
    RES/EVIL 5 LE PS3

Unfortunately, there is no more information provided on the listing, however our best guess so far is that the SE stands for Special Edition and the LE stands for Limited Edition. The one without the SE or LE suffix is the standard edition.

What's perhaps even more peculiar, however, is that these versions of the game do not show up for the Xbox 360 version. Could Capcom be planing to release a PS3 exclusive limited edition, and if they are, will we be getting a limited edition with even more extras, akin to Halo 3's Legendary Edition?

Worst case scenario, the special editions are exclusive to EBGames in Australia, as they have been known to secure exclusive collector's edition bundles already.

Beyond a joke now surely?
    Special editions and limited editions...

As much as I despise giving EB games my money, they might get me on this one... If this rumour turns out to be true.
    sigpic

Comment

Well to be quite honest I wouldn't be surprised. Resident Evil is a fairly big title and Capcom wouldn't mind milking even more.

That being said, Bungie did it with Halo and no one seemed to blink an eye.

If there is a "legendary" edition, I'd snap it up right away. Assuming it had something decent, mind you.

Comment

The thing that doesn't ring true to me is that it'll be only on PS3. I doubt Capcom would want to offend one market like that. I'm guessing that if this is true, they are waiting for something about the xbox release to be confirmed.
        sigpic

Comment

there's two of these topics on the main page :S

Comment

Theres alot of rumours going about regarding capcom favoring the PS3 for content, starting with the PSN, I hope its not true anyway as I prefer games on my 360.
            Although if sony are forking alot of money out for Exclusive Content, well played I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
              there's two of these topics on the main page :S
              Very big mistake on my part =P.

Either way, there's only one now, and the other one should disappear whenever John gets around to deleting it (or when he gives me the power to do so)

Comment

Ill have to get my hand on one edition here in the Uk if they relese more than one edition ill go for the beast one if it's too expersive like over £100 ill go the the chepest edition just depends on how much Capcom are going to sell them?

Comment

i am only going to get the SE or LE if they have DLC like fable 2,if not i am going for the normal edition.

Comment

I would expect BB or Gamestop (more likely BB) to have an exclusive edition that might not be what you really expect. A possible sticker or a bonus CD or whatnot offered with the LE of both consoles.

It's quite common with DVD and BD releases here. For example, The Dark Knight is getting a BB exclusive edition that's basically the standard edition with a bobble head of the joker's mask (the one from the bank robbery)

Comment

after the announcement of the upcoming Capcom store on the PSN and now after this rumor i'm really scared

Comment

I would really like to see what the extra content is for the Limited and Special Editions. I know was interested when it there was a limited edition RE 4 so its going to have be something good.

Comment

i wudnt be suprised if Microsoft do a "GTA4" and pay capcom for an exclusive download, akin to separate ways...

Comment

I all ready know there's a SE version for the 360, I've all ready pre-ordered it from gamestop.

Comment

i wudnt be suprised if Microsoft do a "GTA4" and pay capcom for an exclusive download, akin to separate ways...
                              If that happens, I'll be buying a shitload of Weapons of Mass Destruction and attacking MS headquarters (I'll make 9-11 look like a Sunday picnic!)
                              But seriously I'll be very pissed off...
                              PS3 exclusive content? Yep, that would be fine, thanks.
                              Let's hope we all get the download goodies and keep everybody happy.

As for these SE and LE editions, I'm interested... Need more information.
                              I was already planning to pre-order both Biohazard 5 SE and Resident Evil 5 SE, from Playasia. Unless they are revealed to include the same stuff. History has shown that the Japanese versions nearly always get cool collectible stuff, that never gets released elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X