Jill and Chris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jill and Chris

Do you think Resident Evil 5 will reveal something romantic between those two?

Nope.

Comment

Probably not...they cozied up on the helo and held hands in the end of RE1 (PS1), but nothing has been mentioned of hinted at since then. Jill's RE3 epilogue could be interpreted as a testament to their relationship, but it's all up to the interpretation.

I don't know that the developers are very good at trying to convey relationships in this series.

Chris & Jill are obviously close, and good friends, but more than that...? It's never been answered concretely.
      Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-25-2008, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Mmm, I dont think RE5 will have any time for romance. There already seems to be alot going on with the story and all, so I dont think there will be any room for people to start making out. Besides, that would make Sheva jealous

Comment

I don't think Sheva & Chris will have that kind of relationship. Chris is driven by his goals more than anything else, and Sheva is also like 12 years younger than him.

If anything, Chris is riddled with guilt over Jill's "death."

Comment

I doubt it. They're close friends, maybe even more, but everyone has a different opinion on that front.

Besides, Resident Evil has never had a good track record for romance. Usually someone ends up dead or rebuffed if they even touch on that...

Comment

Well, I think they did a pretty good job with the whole Leon/Ada thing.

Comment

Well, I hate to bring up my beef with RE5, but although I don't think the new RE games belong in the horror genre... Let's say for the sake of argument that some people still think that RE5 is going to be a horror game... Personally I think it would be a bad idea. Romance doesn't normally belong in horror. It has been done well, but on a very rare occasion. The only example I can think of off the top of my head is the first Terminator movie. And yes, I do consider the first Terminator movie to be in the Horror genre more so than Action. But James Cameron is a brilliant writer. I don't think Capcom can write Romance into a horror game, and have it work very well. Code Veronica is a prime example. But I'm not gonna start on how stupid the idea of Steve saying "I love you" to Claire was.

Comment

RE1 - Chris & Jill intimate hug in prison cell, and ending scene
                  RE2 - Leon & Ada falling in love in one night
                  RE3 - Carlos has a crush on Jill but she doesn't reciprocate
                  RECV - Steve falls in love with Claire in less than 36 hours
                  RE4 - Leon flirts with every girl, but secretly wants to get intimate with Luis

The developers throw little romances in the games (I honestly can't remember if anything was hinted at between Billy & Rebecca in RE0) but they rarely have much substance. Or are followed up on. I imagine there will be some sort of relationship subplot in RE5, since it was present in the other games. Which characters / to what extent remain to be seen.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think Chris and Sheva will have that kind of relationship too.

And you guys may be right about Capcom never having a good track record for romance in the series, but maybe now they'll start taking the relationships important, since it seems they're focusing on the story a lot more now, and plus with the huge budget, they can afford to focus on the storyline more. I remember one of the developers even said they considered the storyline to be the most important aspect of the series, or something like that.

Comment

Its interesting to see them add some romance in the games, even if just a teeny-tiny bit, but it never seems to go right. Oh well, that's the world of horror for you.

I dunno how I would regard Leon/Ada - its something and nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheeb View Post
                        Its interesting to see them add some romance in the games, even if just a teeny-tiny bit, but it never seems to go right. Oh well, that's the world of horror for you.

I dunno how I would regard Leon/Ada - its something and nothing.
                        Yeah, but teeny tiny bit is that hug in RE1, and Jill leaning into Chris right at the end. That was good. I was subtle, but at the same time it doesn't necessarily mean that it'll lead into anything.

But with scenes like Steve's death, I just sat there like... "This guy's a goof..."

Comment

RE 5 is all about the threesome between Chris, Wesker, and Sheva. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Comment

Hey, if the threesome is between Sheva, Jill and Sherry, I might just check this game out afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
                              Sherry
                              You mean RE 2 Sherry, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X