This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cyber_Shinobi View Post
    I just picked up another mint copy of Twin Snakes for £4 Like new. Probably end up selling this one.

Plus i got:
    Resident Evil Zero - Gamecube - £3
    Zelda Windwaker - Gamecube - £3
    Resident Evil 4 - Gamecube - £3!!!!
    Resident Evil Survivor - PSX - £2

Saw so many bargains today. They also had Soul Calibur 2, F-Zero GX, Starfox Adventures, Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine for £3 each. May have to go back for those. Probably sold now though!
    Saw Resident Evil Outbreak for £4 too, which aint bad.

Glad i found another copy of Resident Evil 4 cheap, means i can keep this other copy i've got sealed for my collection.
    Holy mother of god. I don't believe these games that cheap. Mate, I want a RE4, is it available on eBay? but don't tell me postage takes 20 pounds per each. lol
    cheers,
    classic leon

Comment

• Yeah you can buy Resident Evil 4 on Ebay but you'll pay a lot more than that on there. I got those games from a shop in town. They sell all Gamecube games for £4 each, plus have a buy 2 get 1 free offer on at the moment, so that works out at around £3 each, or £2.66 each to be precise.

I do have 2 copies of Resident Evil 4 now. I got it on launchday, brand new for £5
      Game were doing a deal on specific games at the time, trade in ANY 4 games(other than football or wrestling games) and you could get it for just 99pence. I had 4 games that i'd picked up for £1 each so i traded those in, so grand total = £4.99
      I actually sold that copy recently when i bought one of the limited edition Black & Platinum Resident Evil 4 Gamecube consoles, which came with a new sealed copy of Resident Evil 4 and a special Resident Evil collectors disc. It cost me £55 new, and i sold my old Purple Gamecube and old copy of Resident Evil 4 for £55. So it was just like a straight swap really
      Last edited by Cyber_Shinobi; 11-09-2006, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• on the vga cable, does it only play the pro scan games? I would think so, just wondering

Comment

• @Cyber, Oh no, you sold all cheapo stuffs I gotta get expensive one myself. Please be sure let me know if you get another one next time.

@metaleggman, no, its supposed to work with all games in which HD games only provides higher resolution and regular games provides lower.

Comment

• Originally posted by classic_leon View Post
            @metaleggman, no, its supposed to work with all games in which HD games only provides higher resolution and regular games provides lower.
            silly man. The Gamecube doesn't have HD!
            All the games run in like 720x480 or sumpin like that. I'm talking about the progressive signal that gcn can output with games like smash bros melee and such. Have you played it with a game that isn't set on that? It should look weird on an LCD monitor, maybe not on a CRT one, considering they have internal procs to format incoming video to something they support usu.

Comment

• I don't think SSBM was compatible with progressive scan. Certain Cube games are, it says it in the back, "Progressive scan compatible." But it doesn't say it on the back of SSBM.

Comment

• Originally posted by metaleggman View Post
                silly man. The Gamecube doesn't have HD!
                All the games run in like 720x480 or sumpin like that. I'm talking about the progressive signal that gcn can output with games like smash bros melee and such. Have you played it with a game that isn't set on that? It should look weird on an LCD monitor, maybe not on a CRT one, considering they have internal procs to format incoming video to something they support usu.
                Yea I know GC supports 480i only. I thought you were talking about all kinda consoles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikovich View Post
                  I don't think SSBM was compatible with progressive scan. Certain Cube games are, it says it in the back, "Progressive scan compatible." But it doesn't say it on the back of SSBM.
                  I KNOW it supports it, I play it all the time in that mode. A lot of the games don't say it on the back. About 35 of my 50 or so gamecube games support it, but only 15 say it on the back. I believe every game made by nintendo supports it, even the launch games, except the pikman games. I dono why, considering they are really good. I was pissed like hell that Killer 7 didn't support it, considering that woulda made about half of the dot crawl go away. Ooh, Soul Caliber 2 is gorgeous when played in 576p. I would have to say that since I have to stretch RE4 to make it look normal on my personal HDTV to make it true widescreen, it makes a couple artifacts if you go up close, so its not as good looking on my tv than say SCII, as SCII supports widescreen, or at least widescreen orientation.
                  And you may have read 50 gcn games, yes, i am crazy , though most are the cream of the crop, consisting mainly of 1st and 2nd party titles, with the best of the 3rd party titles. I really wanna snag those RPGs tho...

Comment

• I wish there a way to remove the borders on BH 4 its kinda wierd playing on a widescreen imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunk_4TH View Post
                      I wish there a way to remove the borders on BH 4 its kinda wierd playing on a widescreen imo
                      what kindof TV you got? If it is a widescreen it should have some sort of option for stretching the botom and top of the video to get rid of that. It may be a zoom function, something in the aspect ratio selection, or a "theatre mode" setting as its called on My family's toshiba.

Comment

• Itsa 26" widescreen Rca, it does have the stretch feature and such , I just forgot to mess with it lol

Comment

• Yeah thats what i've always done with Resident Evil 4, just use the Zoom function on my Sony Widescreen and its perfect.

I would have much prefered it if they'd added a proper Widescreen option though, like they did with the PS2 version.

In fact, i'm suprised at the amount of games that still don't come with Widescreen options these days. Surely Widescreen Tv's are pretty standard now. They don't even sell the old 4:3's anymore...
                          Last edited by Cyber_Shinobi; 11-12-2006, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• ya they do dude. At least in america. All tv's under about 23" are 4:3 from what I have seen. Both tube and LCD.

As for not including a proper WS, ya. I think they shouldof just remade it a bit (like adding true widescreen) and included a better (graphic wise) version of the extra Ada thing that was on the PS2. IT could be like "RE4 Plus!" or sumpin

Comment

• The black bars in RE4 (GCN) are just that, black bars. The game really runs in 4:3. However my guess is they took the time to properly make the game widescreen in PS2 because of the framerate. Cutting off that much % of the screen reduces a lot of rendering ;)

Comment

• A rechargeable vaccuum is what I bought.

Comment

Working...
                                X