Takeuchi Talks Character Designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takeuchi Talks Character Designs

In a recent article based off of Softpedia, Jun Takeuchi has said that Sheva's character was created to "complete" Chris. She is fast and smart and will be a good companion for Chris through out the game.

“While designing Chris, we decided that since it's been 10 years since the original Resident Evil, he would be buffed up a bit. He's a little bit more burly, more of a tough guy than he was before. So when it came to making the secondary character, we wanted a character who would play off that and be different. So the most obvious difference was to make that character female. We also wanted to make a character who would be from Africa, now the area the game is taking place in, and be a guide to Chris, telling him about the different parts of the world he's not familiar with. So these are the kinds of reasons Sheva developed the way she is now.”
    The rest of the article doesn't really talk about anything new.

Takeuchi Talks about Female Characters

Jesus Christ, you could at least give me credit for finding and posting it first. Even if I'm not supposed to be here. sheesh.

Comment

I could swear I've read this somewhere before.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        I could swear I've read this somewhere before.
        You did, some one just summed it up.

Comment

Interesting read. Personally I don't believe that the team threw Sheva in in order to combat the RACIST! remarks from the public, and reading through this kinda makes me feel the same as I did before.

XD

Comment

I read that about sheva already somewhere else about 3 month ago, lol
            Last edited by Scott Green; 11-26-2008, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
              In a recent article based off of Softpedia, Jun Takeuchi has said that Sheva's character was created to "complete" Chris. She is fast and smart and will be a good companion for Chris through out the game.

The rest of the article doesn't really talk about anything new.

Takeuchi Talks about Female Characters
              I do remember reading this somewhere a while ago. Trying to think on the top of my head, AJ, but thanks for posting it again about Sheeva

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
                Interesting read. Personally I don't believe that the team threw Sheva in in order to combat the RACIST! remarks from the public, and reading through this kinda makes me feel the same as I did before.

XD
                I couldn't agree more

Comment

I think I read this before I caint remember if not thanks for posting it A-J

Comment

Having Sheva as Chris's partner makes sense even though many would have liked it to be Jill.

Comment

Chris has been pumping iron for 10 years because Wesker beat the shit out of him and he's pissed off about it, looking forward to their next fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X