Mikami "I Probably Won't Play Biohazard 5"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikami "I Probably Won't Play Biohazard 5"

Partly because of his stressful schedule and partly because he thinks it won't be the game he would have made. Shinji Mikami has recently commented that he will not be playing through Biohazard 5. His general impressions on the game seem negative which is kind of surprising as Bio 5 seems to borrow heavily from Bio 4, which Mikami personally headed.

Mikami acknowledges the similarities but claims that the series will need to reinvent again for Biohazard 6.

"that's fine, isn't it? I think Resident Evil 5 doesn't need to change the series, but Resident Evil 6 will have to reinvent the series with another full model change or else it won't be able to keep on going."
    On an interesting note, the article suggests that a Biohazard 5 demo will be available on the Japanese PSN next week as well. This could possibly be a mistake on their part.

Shinji Mikami talks Biohazard 5 thanks to Sunglasses.

Originally posted by A-J View Post
    His general impressions on the game seem negative

Mikami acknowledges the similarities but claims that the series will need to reinvent again for Biohazard 6.
    YAY, maybe he realises how much it sucks now.

and hopefully RE6 is completely different, hopefully it goes back to the classic style.

Comment

It can't go back, unfortunately. It needs to go fowards. But somewhere inbetween, similar to Silent Hill, might work nicely.

Still, the interview gave me the feeling that the game itself wasn't bad, but that he'd get frustrated because there would be things he'd have done differently and there is no way he can. It's more frustrated than negative.

Comment

Mikami: RE5 IS TEH SUCK...BUY MY NEW GAME WITH SUDA 51!!!!

Seems more like Itagaki inspired negative spin to me, but I can see his point as RE5 isn't exactly innovative in what its doing.
        Then again, can't be worse then Silent Hill: Homecoming.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post

I agree with Mr Shinji Mikami as much as I like the how RE4 was made the one thing that I was dissopoint with was it lack alot of horror there was too much ation and that not how Resident Evil was made it was originaly a horror game with hard puzzles that could last for at lest over a hour and the games where good with scaering the shit out of you and when RE4 came along it took all that a whay and I think RE5 is going to be the same as RE4 and that why I belive RE6 should be reinvent again or go back to the old classic style again.

Comment

I don't care if he ain't gonna play it I just wish the demo will be available on PSN on Dec. 5th too!

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed of his behaviour. However...ok RE5 use the same setting of RE4, but in some way the new upcoming chapter have already reinvented the series, coop 2 player is a changes in the main series, and the storyline will be 10 times better than RE4, a great game but not so decent RE in terms of plot.
              1 point to the new father of RE, mr. Takeuchi, forgive me Mikami, a great genius, but you did a mess with the plot of RE4

Comment

He's just acting like a immature stubborn little child. Go back to Sudo 51 or whatever ya "good for nothing promise breaker"(I wanted to see that chainsaw suicide dammyou!).

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                  He's just acting like a immature stubborn little child. Go back to Sudo 51 or whatever ya "good for nothing promise breaker"(I wanted to see that chainsaw suicide dammyou!).
                  what happened to "it's his series, he can do what he wants with it" elusion.

he left cause they made RE4 on the PS2 cause it was selling so badly on the GC, and now he hates what they are doing with RE without him, id be pissed to if i were him.

Comment

As much as I respect Mikami, this just sounds like sour grapes to me. He left Capcom of his own free will. They didn't kick him out. He knew full well that Capcom would continue the series without him. If he didn't want it to head in this particular route, he should have stayed at Capcom so he could guide the series in the way he saw fit.

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                    YAY, maybe he realises how much it sucks now.

and hopefully RE6 is completely different, hopefully it goes back to the classic style.

...oh wait, you were serious?

Yeah, no.
                    Last edited by Archelon; 11-28-2008, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Oh, Mikami...
                      I find it funny as soon as RE4 was ported to PS2, he totally lost interest in the series altogether.
                      Either way, this is Shinji, I dont see how you guys are like dissing him, seriously.

Comment

Part of me understands where he's coming from, but I think he's being immature about this. I mean, didn't he leave WILLINGLY?

I love Shinji Mikami for all that he's done with the series, but that doesn't qualify the guy for excessive egotism.

It's obvious even now that RE5 will expand both RE4's new storyline and some of the original storyline in the old school Resident Evil. His work on the previous games contributed to how RE5 is fleshing out. He should be happy about that.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                          he left cause they made RE4 on the PS2 cause it was selling so badly on the GC, and now he hates what they are doing with RE without him, id be pissed to if i were him.
                          badly? eh? What you're taliking about?
                          24millions of GC sold and 1.6 millions of RE4 sold Vs 100 millions of PS2 and 2millions of RE4 sold.
                          RE4 sold good on GC, and then Capcom made it on PS2 only becouse they wanted more and more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                            badly? eh? What you're taliking about?
                            24millions of GC sold and 1.6 millions of RE4 sold Vs 100 millions of PS2 and 2millions of RE4 sold.
                            RE4 sold good on GC, and then Capcom made it on PS2 only becouse they wanted more and more money.
                            IMO it didn't sell well on either system, and they didn't know how well it would sell on the PS2 either, and capcom obviously though it wasn't doing well.

but for all the hype and awards RE4 got it's sales say something else, just look at another big series with lots of hype like GTA and compare it to RE4.

Comment

Considering that Mikami never wanted to make a game about zombies in the first place, and that he was so happy with how RE4 turned out, he should be forced to play RE5, so see the result of the monster he created.

Comment

Working...
                              X