Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
    - Mikami "I Probably Won't Play Biohazard 5" -

... can't blame him. Bio5 looks amazing 'n everything, but I for one am not looking forward to playing the same game twice.

The series definitely needs to be reinvented.
    It was already reinvented once... The storyline got butchered... But then again... It does mean there's plenty of room for improvement.

Comment

• Mikami not playing RE 5 means nothing to me. Maybe he is mad that they took his formula from RE 4 and actually added a story to it. Eitherway, I will play 5 and decide how I feel about it after that.

Comment

• I still think he just means he'll get irked everytime he plays a bit he'd have done differently. But meh, I tend to try and read as little as possible into things.

For those curuious as to how many (or few) infractions they've wracked up just look beneath your post count.

Comment

• Originally posted by For3nsic-Klown View Post
          RE4 has more horrific enemies.
          RE 4 is an amazing game but it's not scary, even Michael Jackson's Thriller was scarier and Mikami never said that he hated the old games he wanted to reinvent the series and he successfully did it.
          sigpic

Comment

• Argue not with trolls. Seriously. He's been banned, permanently, for being a muppet. So don't argue with him.

Comment

• When you get an infraction you get a PM telling you you have one, what it's for, when it expires and how many points it's given you. It's a sort of way of giving you an e-slap when you get out of line without using the ban hammer. But problem resolved, he's gone.

Mikami just annoys me for the simple fact he's now ranting about the things he'll see that he'd not have done, or done better. RE4 was.. just, not good. As a Resident Evil game. I was really relieved he won't be working on this and that the guys who are can see that there were a lot of flaws in RE4's story. I'm glad he's out, and if he doesn't want to play it, that's his issue. He shouldn't hold grudges.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexiaAshford View Post
                When you get an infraction you get a PM telling you you have one, what it's for, when it expires and how many points it's given you. It's a sort of way of giving you an e-slap when you get out of line without using the ban hammer. But problem resolved, he's gone.

Mikami just annoys me for the simple fact he's now ranting about the things he'll see that he'd not have done, or done better. RE4 was.. just, not good. As a Resident Evil game. I was really relieved he won't be working on this and that the guys who are can see that there were a lot of flaws in RE4's story. I'm glad he's out, and if he doesn't want to play it, that's his issue. He shouldn't hold grudges.
                Truth be told, even for what Mikami has done for us in the past, he would ruin the series if he continued. Jun-Tak-San, a vet developer in the series, I trust him more and the other members on the team that are working on 5. Already we have a better story to look forward to, and this is from the trailers we've seen than just playing the game. It's a huge improvement already but we're still not out of the birds nest yet.

Comment

• I can see Miakmi's point. It must be hard to develope something and then see someone else take it from where you left it but differently to how you would have done it. Hell, I've done it myself, albeit it not with a best selling game series. However, he did choose to leave, however good his reasons were and I'd still wanna keep an eye on the series even if I couldn't change it...

Still, while RE5 looks like the story should be an improvement I'm still concerned about there choice of forcing a second character, both in terms of the horror potential and the gameplay if the AI is bugged. And, of course, the lack of upgrade for the Ganados.

Comment

• I think the AI thing will be an issue, but I won't play it much with a second AI anyway, mainly with another person playing it (Ganado). I think the AI thing would just tick me off. AI's in games always tick me off.

The story already looks much improved though and I'm a lot more looking forward to this now than I have been in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      I can see Miakmi's point. It must be hard to develope something and then see someone else take it from where you left it but differently to how you would have done it. Hell, I've done it myself, albeit it not with a best selling game series. However, he did choose to leave, however good his reasons were and I'd still wanna keep an eye on the series even if I couldn't change it...

Still, while RE5 looks like the story should be an improvement I'm still concerned about there choice of forcing a second character, both in terms of the horror potential and the gameplay if the AI is bugged. And, of course, the lack of upgrade for the Ganados.

But if you look how huge the Resident Evil series has grown from just 10 years, it’s beaten any other franchise from their company in term of sales and titles. I can’t see Mikami over seeing all game projects that involve the lore. I’d imagine they made a huge book filled with the lore of the series in the past, like some game developers do, but I can see other developers since the original days, have huge knowledge on where to take their approach further on. We’ve already seen one drastic change with Resident Evil 4. There could have been so much potential but Mikami sacrificed the Progenitor Arc to be replaced by a un-developed concept to go for the action route.

Resident Evil 5 seems to be going back on the path that the old fans craved for, but they have kept the refined camera, with the option to have tank-controls still, like in 4, to please the other audience that was introduced and still try to bring in new audiences.

I enjoy the new camera perspective; I still think this has huge potential on bringing tension and fear to the player without even suspecting it, like with the semi-iso view prior to the fourth instalment. I trust that with Spencer’s grand reveal, the truth behind the Mother Virus, and what other mysteries we have to wait and see. It’s going to be something to be proud of.

Comment

• I think we just need the old enemies back!
                        I like RE4's camera,they just need to put some crimson heads instead of ganados

I would love playing RE6 coop against crimson heads,hunters,chimeras and lickers (not the small lickers from Outbreak )
                        And of course a scary scenario with an amazing story
                        Last edited by Guest; 11-29-2008, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• ^ That would be great. Like Outbreak on steroids. >:]

Comment

• Originally posted by ganado View Post
                            Resident Evil 5 seems to be going back on the path that the old fans craved for.
                            Bullsh!t DefCon level 3! I dont remember fans wanting to go back to Ganados.

-

A RE2 remake with RE3.5 gameplay would kick serious butt and I wouldnt mind RE4 gameplay too much either. Just beef up on higher class BOWs strenght, agility and lethality and were golden. No US dollars to drop either!

On topic. Mikami is a bunghole. He steered the series off without any clear path or direction, solely focusing on Ganados and gameplay. Now hes saying hes the mastermind and everyone else is an amateur idiot. Hes so full of himself that its agonizing. But at the same time, its good to know that people like him get into videogame industry. Id imagine a lot more talented (which there are plenty of) can get in easier?

One can only wish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                              Bullsh!t DefCon level 3! I dont remember fans wanting to go back to Ganados.

-

A RE2 remake with RE3.5 gameplay would kick serious butt and I wouldnt mind RE4 gameplay too much either. Just beef up on higher class BOWs strenght, agility and lethality and were golden. No US dollars to drop either!

On topic. Mikami is a bunghole. He steered the series off without any clear path or direction, solely focusing on Ganados and gameplay. Now hes saying hes the mastermind and everyone else is an amateur idiot. Hes so full of himself that its agonizing. But at the same time, its good to know that people like him get into videogame industry. Id imagine a lot more talented (which there are plenty of) can get in easier?

One can only wish.
                              I was talking about the story direction, I should of tried to clarify that more

Comment

• lolwat?
                                Shinji never said hes a mastermind, or that the others are amateur idiots.
                                Stop making up useless rumours that make no sense.
                                All he said was that he wouldnt play it? Wow? How is that saying:
                                "Im liek teh best game makerz ever and liek capcom nowz sucks for liek ruining my seriess liek!"
                                My fucking God.
                                (Excuse my attitude, not a nice day)

Comment

Working...
                                X