No announcement yet.

Mikami "I Probably Won't Play Biohazard 5"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to missvalentine a RE game sells if Jill Valentine is the female lead
    sigpic

Comment

Hes done with CAPCOM.
      Hes onto his company with that Devil May Cry clone.
      Last edited by Gradon; 11-28-2008, 05:30 PM. Reason: wat

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
        According to missvalentine a RE game sells if Jill Valentine is the female lead
        and where did you get that from?

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
          Hes done with CAPCOM.
          Oh yeah, the one with Sarah Palin as the lead character.
          Last edited by The Dude; 11-28-2008, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Because you're always negative about all the RE titles expect RE 1 & 3.
            sigpic

Comment

BAAAYYOOOONEETTTAAAAA!!!!
              BAYONETTA! Coming to a country near you.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                Because you're always negative about all the RE titles expect RE 1 & 3.
                nah there just my favorites, i love both Outbreaks as well, and RE0 and RE2, even CVX but that was the least good classic RE game.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                  IMO it didn't sell well on either system, and they didn't know how well it would sell on the PS2 either, and capcom obviously though it wasn't doing well.

but for all the hype and awards RE4 got it's sales say something else, just look at another big series with lots of hype like GTA and compare it to RE4.
                  Obviosly it sold bad in absolute terms, (RE2 on PSX did almost 5 millions) but again, the lead platform was the GC, you have to consider this.
                  In my opinion RE4 sold on GC exactly how Capcom was expecting, RE4 can't did better tha 1.6 millions with only 24 millions of GC users, and then they ported the game to PS2 for obviously reasons, money.

However i strongly agree with the previous post of Archelon, Mikami left Capcom of his own free will, and I think he have to shut up (and play) now.
                  Last edited by Sunglasses; 11-28-2008, 05:44 PM.

Comment

BAAAYYOOOONEETTTAAAAA!!!!
                    BAYONETTA! Coming to a country near you.
                    Wait... What about Bayonetta? Is it made by Mikami?

Comment

He is saying it sucked ha he made Re4 the storyline is laughable.

Comment

I think this is old. It's from October. I wonder if Mikami's seen Jill's tomb... because he said in that interview that if he saw something wrong in the game he would be very angry.

Comment

Mikami is a genius, he created one of the greatest game franchises ever and he successfully reinvented the series with the critical acclaim RE 4 but where is he now? he's making games for Sega? really? I think that his good days are over and that his departure from Capcom was his biggest mistake.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
                            Wait... What about Bayonetta? Is it made by Mikami?
                            Its made by the same company he went off to, so I'm guessing hes working on it and this is the "horror" reported way back on THIA that Shinji was gonna work on.

Comment

Hes done with CAPCOM.
                              Willingly, and you can bet your life that Capcom staff would've loved his direct involvement with RE5 or any project for that matter. In fact, IIRC, he was going to be an adviser on the project at some point.

He's not working on Bayonetta, and his own company is merely collaborating with Platinum and Grasshopper (Straight Story, which he named after Lynch's movie of the same name)

Bayonetta is Kamiya's, hence the HEAVY DMC similarities. That deserves a rant on its own though.

The outrage here is odd. It's clear that he played the demo of the game that we've seen so far and said what so many of us have been thinking: it's looking like RE4 round 2.

No big deal here. I'm sure he was less than impressed with the Outbreak games, and he didn't like Zero but that never mattered then and shouldn't matter now.
                              Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 11-28-2008, 06:15 PM.

Comment

So hes not working on Bayonetta?
                                Meh, disregard me then, but didnt he say he was going to work on his own horror game soon?
                                Erm, It was posted in THIA news ages ago...

Comment

Working...
                                X