No announcement yet.

Mikami "I Probably Won't Play Biohazard 5"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact Mikami doesn't realise the irony in his statement that he won't play RE5 because he'll "be angry whenever he sees a flaw", is appalling. Now he knows exactly how the existing RE fanbase felt when his precious RE4 was released.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
      So hes not working on Bayonetta?
      Meh, disregard me then, but didnt he say he was going to work on his own horror game soon?
      Erm, It was posted in THIA news ages ago...
      Oh good, because if he was working on Bayonetta, I wouldn't buy it. Not after hearing all the juicy details about how Mikami never wanted to make RE or any of its sequels, and how he hated how RE3 turned out. But then he thought RE4 was 'true horror.'

Comment

WOW people are silly and don't read properly.

Why do people assume he thinks the classic re's are better and that he might of made a mistake with 4?

In NO f'en way is he saying that....all his saying is that he wouldn't be playing RE5, simply because he think it won't be the game he envisioned (nothing to do with how much horror or action's in it) simple because this guy was behind RE4, he introduced those changes, lol. (re4 was a masterpeice) and the classice RE's were NEVER scary, unless you were under 12 years old. RE4 has more horrific enemies.

He just thinks or knows RE5 isn't the game he would have made, the overall concept would have been the save as 4, if he did make RE5...but perhaps the small things like Africa's setting or chris's steroid look would have changed. gsus.

guess Hideo Kojima was right when people misinterpret the japanese.

Comment

He didn't like RE2 very much either.

I think that says something.

Not that there's anything wrong with it. The series is, after all, his creation. Obviously he's not going to be happy if it goes in a different direction than his intentions. Though personally I don't think he has a right to complain, considering RE2 was Capcom's cash cow and RE5 is everything RE4 should have been and then some. Jumping on board to take the reins of a series he didn't particularly care for at all wasn't very smart to begin with.
          Last edited by News Bot; 11-28-2008, 06:54 PM.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
            Oh good, because if he was working on Bayonetta, I wouldn't buy it. Not after hearing all the juicy details about how Mikami never wanted to make RE or any of its sequels, and how he hated how RE3 turned out. But then he thought RE4 was 'true horror.'
            RE4 > All the classic RE's...lol.

The old re's were broken, had shitty dialogs and felt like cheap scare plays. it was horrible. RE needed the change...and knowing the praise and awards won by RE4..its only facts.

and please link me to where he said he would have never made RE?

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
            He didn't like RE2 very much either.

I think that says something.

Not that there's anything wrong with it. The series is, after all, his creation. Obviously he's not going to be happy if it goes in a different direction that his intentions. Though personally I don't think he has a right to complain, considering RE2 was Capcom's cash cow and RE5 is everything RE4 should have been and then some.
            LOL WHAT?

you've played RE5, now?

sit down.
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-28-2008, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by For3nsic-Klown View Post
              WOW people are silly and don't read properly.

Why do people assume he thinks the classic re's are better and that he might of made a mistake with 4?

In NO f'en way is he saying that....all his saying is that he wouldn't be playing RE5, simply because he think it won't be the game he envisioned (nothing to do with how much horror or action's in it) simple because this guy was behind RE4, he introduced those changes, lol. (re4 was a masterpeice) and the classice RE's were NEVER scary, unless you were under 12 years old. RE4 has more horrific enemies.

He just thinks or knows RE5 isn't the game he would have made, the overall concept would have been the save as 4, if he did make RE5...but perhaps the small things like Africa's setting or chris's steroid look would have changed. gsus.
              Umm... You got it backwards.. RE4 was the one you'd have to be 12 to be scared of. RE4 was the least scary 'horror' game I've ever played. I wouldn't even call it horror.

Originally posted by For3nsic-Klown View Post
              RE4 > All the classic RE's...lol.

The old re's were broken, had shitty dialogs and felt like cheap scare plays. it was horrible. RE needed the change...and knowing the praise and awards won by RE4..its only facts.

and please link me to where he said he would have never made RE?
              The user, Jill Lover can tell you all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by For3nsic-Klown
                LOL WHAT?

you've played RE5, now?

sit down.
                What does that have to do with anything? The material released so far already clearly shows RE5 having way more content than RE4 pulled out.

RE4 has more horrific enemies.
                Now that's just silly.

Comment

Umm... You got it backwards.. RE4 was the one you'd have to be 12 to be scared of. RE4 was the least scary 'horror' game I've ever played. I wouldn't even call it horror.

The user, Jill Lover can tell you all about it.
                  so you found empty mansions, a plant, weird music and slow people, scary?

RE4's regenerators, Parasite dogs > Anything RE1 and others could cook up.

RE4 introduced a fear of being hunted....its more intense and better paced for a horror title. Thanks to the sak head and other more horrific creatures.

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                  What does that have to do with anything? The material released so far already clearly shows RE5 having way more content than RE4 pulled out.

so you've seen the full game, LMFAO! capcom hasn't even announced most of the juicy details of RE5, we've barely seen anything...RE5 is also shorter than RE4, according to capcom.

Now that's just silly.
                  Parasite dogs, Regenerators, las plagues > all classic RE villians.
                  Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-28-2008, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by For3nsic-Klown
                    Parasite dogs, Regenerators, las plagues > all classic RE villians.
                    Umm... Okay... You keep thinking that.

Comment

Regenerators were awesome, I'll give you that.

But everything else = ridiculous.

The RE4 enemies have only one possible word that can be attached to them; boring.

Comment

I didn't even find Regenerators scary, to be honest. Annoying, yes. Scary, no.

Comment

Now I have to agree that Regenerators did scare me. Especially in the first runs where I didn't have my Chicago Typewriter, where you actually have to shoot them in the given spots or you're screwed. I also hate that noise, the breathing when they're approaching. It freaked me out. The only enemies that scared me in the entire game.

Comment

I didn't even find Regenerators scary, to be honest. Annoying, yes. Scary, no.
                            I found them to be alright the first time. They surprised the shit out of me. But then the gimmick wore off.

The fact that none of the enemies in RE4 were actually explained really messes it up, though. They were also un-inspired and downright lazy in design. Del Lago was pathetic, El Gigante was ridiculous.

Verdugo and U3 were the only enemies worth a raised eyebrow. But it's a pity that Verdugo is an Alien rip-off and U3 has very little explanation or screen-time to praise it's design.
                            Last edited by News Bot; 11-28-2008, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexiaAshford View Post
                              The fact Mikami doesn't realise the irony in his statement that he won't play RE5 because he'll "be angry whenever he sees a flaw", is appalling. Now he knows exactly how the existing RE fanbase felt when his precious RE4 was released.
                              i agree completely.

i mean i like how he made the classics, but i hate how he raped them as well afterwards.

RE3? wasn't it RE2 that mikami didn't like?

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                                i agree completely.

i mean i like how he made the classics, but i hate how he raped them as well afterwards.

RE3? wasn't it RE2 that mikami didn't like?
                                Well, as I understand it, he didn't like ANY of the RE games he made other than REmake and RE4, and Code Veronica, I think.
                                But actually, what he said was that he didn't consider Nemesis to be the true RE3, instead that Code Veronica was the true RE3.

Comment

Working...
                                X