Microsoft Have AWESOME CUSTOMER SUPORT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Have AWESOME CUSTOMER SUPORT

With the release of NXE and such, I thought it'd be a decent time to upgrade my Xbox 360 hard drive so that I could take full advantage of all the features. So, with a hard drive coming in, and some pretty attractive promotions / discounts I decided to pick one up. However, it didn't come with a kit that would allow me to transfer my data over. Upon reading Microsoft's website, I found I could call up and ask for one. So I did just that.

I get an American woman on the other line. This is after about 5 minutes being on hold. So I explain my problem with her. She asks me for my console's serial number, which I provide (though I don't know why). Then, she puts me on hold, and some terrible house music plays. Another 5 minutes and she returns to the phone. She then asks me to RE EXPLAIN my problem. Naturally, I do, and she tells me that she'll have to check her sources to find a solution. Hold for another 6 minutes. She gets back and tells me that I don't need a new HDD because I have an Xbox 360 Elite. I tell her I don't have an elite and that's EXACTLY WHY I BOUGHT A NEW HARD DRIVE. She is perplexed by this situation and puts me on hold again. Shitty f*cking Halo music plays at about 100 decibels for another 7 minutes. She gets back on the phone and says that she can send me a kit to transfer my data over, but needs the serial number of my two 360 consoles that I want to transfer data between.

Now, about by then, I was angry, annoyed and really f*cking pissed off. I explain to the woman that I have ONE console with a hard drive that I want to replace it with. To make things even more simpler for this dumb bitch, I tell her I just want to replace my 20gb HDD with a 60gb HDD but to transfer the stuff before I do. I personally know that the method involved one Xbox and two hard drives, but she insists that I need two 360 consoles. I ask her why I spent so much money on a HDD that I can't even use. She puts me on hold again. More f*cking Halo music for about 6 minutes.

She gets back on and explains that there is no way she can provide me with a kit without taking the serial number of two consoles. I explain again that I do not own two consoles and am in no financial position to be wasting money on another console even if I wanted to put money into another console >_> She explains to me there is no other way and that I should return the HDD. I'm absolutely fuming by now, so I ask to speak to someone else. She puts me on hold for another 4 minutes and I get a male.

I explain to him that I want to transfer everything from my 20gb I got with my console to the 60gb HDD that I just bought. He asks me for the serial number of the 60gb HDD, and then confirms my details. Then, he confirms my address and explains that he will send me a data migration kit.

Seriously, approximately 30 minutes (plus) on hold, plus the time I spent speaking to people, MS really needs to train their staff up a bit more to be just a tad more knowledgeable in the support they're giving. It seems I just got unlucky.

Nothing beats calling tech support (for pretty much any company) just to tell the person on the other end of the line how to do their job!

It always sucks when you get someone on the line who're absolutely certain they're right when they're wrong, though. That's like the worst.

Now, do that entire thing again. But in Spanish and without speaking anything but the little Spanish you can find on the display of the ATM that evt. just ate your card.

Comment

...you could understand your tech support? You so lucky! I speant 45 minutes trying to explain that no, my 360 did not have the red ring of death but it wasn't working anyway. This did, I admit, involve about 20 minutes of holding and ten minutes of trying to work out what the hell the guy was saying, his accent was so thick.

Comment

This is how you take on customer support.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        See you in hell.

Comment

Customer support is a universal suck-fest, not just Microsoft.

Comment

I would've given her my X360 serial # and the HDD's serial #. :/ I admit she didn't sound trustworthy at all.

Comment

Microsoft Have AWESOME CUSTOMER SUPORT
              Oh, I see what you did there...

Comment

I guess I've lucked out with Microsoft then. I was at my friends place when his console RROD and he's not very good on the phone, so I called them for him. I got an American female, clearly understandable, who was exceptionally knowledgeable and helpful, and made sure we did all the tests we could and asked if there was more she could help with. It would have ranked as one of the three best CS calls I've ever had.

Comment

Try calling Comcast. It's even worse.

Or Apple. Apparently Apple is too good of a company to have ACTUAL human beings in tech support.

Comment

Originally posted by vogue_dirge View Post
                    Apparently Apple is too good of a company to have ACTUAL human beings in tech support.
                    Look how surprised I am to read that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                      I guess I've lucked out with Microsoft then. I was at my friends place when his console RROD and he's not very good on the phone, so I called them for him. I got an American female, clearly understandable, who was exceptionally knowledgeable and helpful, and made sure we did all the tests we could and asked if there was more she could help with. It would have ranked as one of the three best CS calls I've ever had.
                      My RRoD phone call was awesome too. I guess they're more trained up to handle that than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
                        My RRoD phone call was awesome too. I guess they're more trained up to handle that than anything else.
                        Good point.

Comment

Mmmm. Reading through this reminds me of the crap I had to go through to get any "support" from Virgin, my Internet provider, when my internet was acting up. I spent a total of 45 minutes on the phone one time waiting for anybody to pick the phone up, all I got was "Valerie by Amy Winehouse" played over and over. By the end of the call I knew the song word for word and couldn't get the damn song out of my head! After waiting 45 minutes, the line went dead on me. No idea why until I found that my phone ran out of battery and to add insult to injury, the number I called, which I thought was free, turned out not to be; it cost me something like £8.00 to getting absolutely nowhere in the end up.

Comment

Did you at least enjoy the song?

Comment

When you listen to the same song for 45 minutes, over and over, what do you think?

I tried again a day later and they answered after just five minutes! Irony. They didn't solve out my problem though, so I messed around with it myself and sorted it out, eventually.

Comment

Working...
                              X