RPD Dispatch 8 - RE5 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is Sepukku?

I wonder if M$ can access my PSP and look at all my uh... personal videos? Now that's scary, seeing as it's banned in Australia apperently.

Comment

• its a samurai form of suicide, where they slit there stomachs open.

Comment

• You mean harakiri....
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
          You mean harakiri....
          i think it is pretty much the same thing is it not?

Comment

• They should preform Seppukku, all of them.
            It's absurd they would even corrupt the demo for us.
            Pathetic discrimination.

Comment

• Because Wiki is my ally.

I still really don't get this decision. Surely you're just annoying the fans out there. And showing us how little you give a crap for anyone not Japanese. I assume this was Capcom's doing rather than Microsoft.

Comment

• But wasn't Capcom going on about their new worldwide strategy, and their focus on the western market? I just wish either MS or Capcom would offer an explanation as to why 1) Japan is getting it first, and 2) They're taking drastic measures to ensure no one else plays it.

I'm hoping it's because the US demo will be different--more difficult, no censorship, etc--and they don't want us playing (what I consider to be) an inferior product. Who knows though...

Comment

• But even then, thats against the Japanese and cutting down their version being "inferior" to ours.
                  They have no reason for these actions, it's all absurd.

Comment

• BH originates in Japan, and they get the censored version. That's always been a major curiosity for me.

Comment

• Biohazard 2 and Code Veronica were both censored because there was a lot of criticism of the industry in Japan in the late 90's leading itself to unclear content labels on games by certain companies. Capcom wasn't one of them (ie. Biohazard had a self-imposed warning sticker and classed the game as "Survival Horror" as the genre at the bottom), but not all games were very clear like this.

The issues finally came to a point which created a rating system in Japan, the Computer Entertainment Rating Organization or CERO, during 2002 and put into effect in the following 12 months. Companies now censor to gain certain levels of CERO in Japan to avoid games being being the counter.

Biohazard titles tend to get CERO D levels (which is a 16+ in Europe, and a M in the US) although some of the later games and some of the older titles when re-released have gotten away with C. Biohazard 5 will be aiming for a D, any stronger content will get it a Z which is basically R18 and kills most of the shelving available for the title.

Japan is still more liberal than the US though overall... a number of imported titles - GTA for example, will be decided on by the Japanese publisher if they bother to sell them... but like GTA, Z titles do get sold in Japan, just generally behind the counter... and if the publisher throws enough money around will get advertising still. However if a game got a Z equivalent in the US, and AO - good luck finding it, most major retailers will never stock AO titles.
                      Last edited by Rombie; 12-11-2008, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Sepukku = Harakiri
                        2 different ways of reading the same Kanjis (I'm minor-ing Japanese at a university)

Comment

• Call in line is now open

Comment

• iv now seen tons of videos on youtube as you have figured out by now ( ya i dont have xbox) so like 100000 others with only ps3 chould do watch videos.
                            Well from what iv seen so fare is sweet sweet gameplay of couse not the same horror feel to it like the old re games more of a re 4 and thats a good thing really couse i love re 4 i loved how it went in a new direction
                            well i hope we will get it for psn soon becuse im getting nuts i really want to play it
                            (by the way im new here so HELLO EVERYONE !!!!).

Comment

• I called in a simple 22 second question

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Did anyone else find this? Looks like RE5 will have its own variation on the blue medallions from RE4.

Comment

Working...
                                X