Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: RPD Dispatch 8 - RE5 Demo

War Horse Uranium

Yeah, I never saw Sheva do that move. I'm encoding a video now of all of them. Each person has 5 moves.

Earlier in that same playthrough, Chris walked up to the enemy with the bottle, located in the corner of the second shack, and stood right in front of him. The enemy didn't flinch and just stood still for like 3 seconds until Dot shot him in the face. ROFL
    The same thing happend to me in every game, I guess the guy is drunk, I hope this things get fixed for the final version.

Has anyone tried this:

I tried to launch the granade from different angles but it can't past the bars, maybe it can't be done.
    Last edited by Zombie; 12-07-2008 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
    Come prepared? Really, that's a moot argument.

It removes RE4's horrible micro-managing of equipment which was tedious and pointless, as-well as utterly time wasting. It also adds a degree of difficulty to the game, something RE4 generally lacked altogether.
    It's a bit difficult to "be prepared" when you start with basically nothing, you pick it all up during the big fights, when you don't have the opportunity to fiddle around in the menu assigning items and such. Why couldn't they have kept that stupid system for co-op mode (since i can understand why it needs to be there) and have the regular menu for the single player? There's a lot of "why couldn't they" going on in this game, like "why couldn't they have made something original rather than a re-hash of everything they just did?" It's awful, and lazy, and i'm not giving it any money. I'll watch all the cut scenes on YouTube, the story is all im interested in, and i don't even have high hopes for that.

#49 Giant Majini

I don't own a 360, so I'm going to borrow my friends this week... of course I couldn't wait to play the demo, so I was kinda lucky I had a second option.

Last year at my job, the technical guys requested some sort of stats monitoring for our entire server network and thus got some screens provided to them... 4 to be exact, 4 linked 42" wall mounted plasmas. Sometime earlier this year all of a sudden an X-Box 360 and Wii turned up connected to them...

So of course, I couldn't miss this chance.

Took a couple of images on my phone...

Last edited by Rombie; 12-07-2008 at 01:08 PM.

For British Eyes Only

Quote Originally Posted by Rombie View Post

Now that's whack!!! sweet man sweet

Overly Old School

Quote Originally Posted by Rombie View Post
    I don't own a 360, so I'm going to borrow my friends this week... of course I couldn't wait to play the demo, so I was kinda lucky I had a second option.

Last year at my job, the technical guys requested some sort of stats monitoring for our entire server network and thus got some screens provided to them... 4 to be exact, 4 linked 42" wall mounted plasmas. Sometime earlier this year all of a sudden an X-Box 360 and Wii turned up connected to them...

So of course, I couldn't miss this chance.

Took a couple of images on my phone...
    Just so we're clear, that is obscene and I'm considering taking action against you. Seriously. No one should ever be allowed to play a game like that. No one but me, anyway.

For British Eyes Only

Yeah 4 plasma screens that's crazy.

Cunt Agent

On another note, I wonder why nobody has so much as mentioned Kirk's "What the fuck are those!?". First use of "Fuck" in the series.

Oh, and I found an easter egg of sorts. At the point right before the helicopter flies across the screen in Shanty Town, if you have control types A or B selected, position the camera at the point where the helicopter usually appears. You'll get an up-close shot of the chopper and the B.O.W's ravaging it.
    Last edited by News Bot; 12-07-2008 at 01:43 PM.

For British Eyes Only

How many control types are there?

And Kirk drops the first F-bomb in the history of RE, we will always remember him for this.

War Horse Uranium

Quote Originally Posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
    On another note, I wonder why nobody has so much as mentioned Kirk's "What the fuck are those!?". First use of "Fuck" in the series.

Oh, and I found an easter egg of sorts. At the point right before the helicopter flies across the screen in Shanty Town, if you have control types A or B selected, position the camera at the point where the helicopter usually appears. You'll get an up-close shot of the chopper and the B.O.W's ravaging it.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure thats because you hung back while the other player activated the cutscene. Carnivol and I got that too.

Cunt Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure thats because you hung back while the other player activated the cutscene. Carnivol and I got that too.
    Really? I was playing Single Player though. =/

#23 Prototype Tyrant Gideon Quinn's Avatar

Yup, it depends on who gets there first. Same for the Chainsaw guy, if someone is hanging back then you'll only see the person who walked closest in the cutscene. Nice attention to detail there...

I've mentioned Kirk swearing back after E3 here I liked that, cause people usually swears in real life, especially when they are about to die... but most folks here think it's too vulgar.
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

I tried downloading it a few minutes ago and it says "This item is not available from your current location."

Any suggestions???

Sadistic Medicine

I dont mind the cursing. They are just words...and like George Carlin said: Fuck is probably the best word in the English language due to how many uses it can have.

I also noticed the helicopter views were different...but I didn't think it was any big deal. I was more focused on taking out the BOWs.

Boulder Incident Witness

Quote Originally Posted by alkaid View Post
    I tried downloading it a few minutes ago and it says "This item is not available from your current location."

Any suggestions???
    If you're talking about demo, MS made it region-locked, that is if your IP isn't from Japan, then you are not allowed to download it, even if you have an account on Japanese Xbox Live.

Google it, download it from a website/torrent, burn it to CD and play from that, thats what i did. And no, this isn't illegal, how can it be? It's a free demo. It just means you don't have to bugger around with changing the region, or wasting HD space on the 360 (if you have a HD, which i don't)

War Horse Uranium

alkaid, google around for the demo, its on torrents now. You can burn it to a CD and play it like that. Too late to get it from the Marketplace now.

Elite Virus Scrubber

is it legal to post rapidshare links here ? because i've seen rapidshare links of the demo .

Thanks alot. you guys are awesome.

Thread Information