RPD Dispatch 8 - RE5 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
    From what I saw from my brother playing before I left for work: Sheva would take the ammo before he could, she'd then stand in place for a few moments not firing at the enemies, and would take a crap load of damage and then call for help. Also a few of the enemy AIs (the executioner and a few of the regulars) just stood in place with their backs to Chris and Sheva for about 30 seconds. My brother even made the comment of "What the hell are they doing?" and when he finally shot at them, they turned and attacked.
    uhh you do realize you can request items from her right? if you don't know how press Y then click RB then you should see her stuff , you can request anything including the sub-machine gun .

Comment

• Originally posted by ThWorldGreatest View Post
      uhh you do realize you can request items from her right? if you don't know how press Y then click RB then you should see her stuff , you can request anything including the sub-machine gun .
      Not so easy to do when she runs off and you're more worried about staying alive.
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
        Not so easy to do when she runs off and you're more worried about staying alive.
        just take all the Green Herbs and Ammo she has and the only one who is going to get his ass kicked is her but really she follows you all the time and if she runs off like a dog then just call her back by pressing B , i never had any problems with her at all.
        edit: oh yea and it's funny that the dog in Fable 2 is more loyal than her , lets hope the Ai gets further polish in the final version which im sure it will since it still has 3 more months of development, plus this demo is the same build that was shown at E3 which means it's very old.
        Last edited by ThWorldGreatest; 12-06-2008, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Just found out why Sheva wasn't helping me when I was being grappled by the Majini...

You have to press B while being attacked to make Chris yell "Help!", at which point she'll deliver a swift kick to their face..
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• and "easter egg" sorta things in the demo ?

Comment

• Originally posted by A-J View Post
              and "easter egg" sorta things in the demo ?
              There's a Skorpion sub-machine gun in the Public Assembly right near the big red gate in a briefcase.

Aside from that, I haven't seen any.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• I dont know much info on the RE6 demo and ive just skipped to the last poage on this thread but....does anyone know when the PS3 demo comes on the PS network? : D

Also as for the problems im reading about the partner AI and such, this demo has been released early, so im guessing the AI isnt as perfect as it will be in the final game. So it's best not to make any judgements based on this demo.
                Last edited by Andyfer_Ruu; 12-06-2008, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Hate it, won't be buying the game. Way to ruin the series Capcom

Comment

• Originally posted by rewak View Post
                    Hate it, won't be buying the game. Way to ruin the series Capcom

Ive decided to try and say things from both points of view to avoid arguments now.
                    So technicly, i'll say they have for hardcore old school fans, but they havnt for new fans or other fans which also enjoy the newer games.

Comment

• I managed to extract the following files from the Bio5 Demo ISO:

bh5logo.wmv
                      op_a.wmv
                      re5logo.wmv

They all seem to have the following properties, however I cannot view them on my PC... help?

Audio: Windows Media Audio 48000Hz 6ch 384Kbps [Raw Audio 0]
                      Video: WVC1 1280x720 29.97fps 7400Kbps [Raw Video 1]

More stuff I found out:
                      Audio is in XMA format.
                      ARC archives are compressed (no hacking... )
                      Textures are an unknown format.
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• I was expecting someone hack the demo to find cool stuff. Great work Mark! =)

Comment

• Tried playing it a few more times and i still hate it, one of the largest flaws is the fact the game still plays whilst you have the inventory open, so whilst you're trying to either equip another weapon or heal, you're getting you ass handed to you. Who in the hell thought that would be a good idea?

Comment

• Thats like in Outbreak, but it's a good point you make. It'll make it hard

Comment

• Yes it'll make the game harder but i like the "real time" inventory. The inventory of RE 4 was good but organizing your guns and ammo was a waste of time, the game paused even when you were picking up an item.
                              sigpic

Comment

• im actually gonna post an audio review later but i will tell everyone my top[ 3 gripes.

3. Varying AI
                                sometimes its like your partner is an idiot and the rest its she's smarter than you and the enemies either A kill you or B stand still like morons(in online mode)
                                2 real time menu
                                my only gripe on this is its hard to hela correctly. dead space had a near similar menu and to help this out they had auto healing so that when you pressed X you could heal out of menu. i hope they add this is in the final product.
                                3 aiming difficulties
                                ok so this might be more of a personal problem but aiming is a bit stiffer in this game. it takes too long to aim and by the time you have good aiming your enemies are chopping you up into a chris wrap or a shera chalupa.

other than that my audio review should show my favorites points but these are my common problems.

arigoto

Comment

Working...
                                X