RPD Dispatch 8 - RE5 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
    If you downloaded the demo and try to run it while logged into Live, it actually corrupts the demo now rendering it unplayable.

Thank god I have it on DVD.
    What? Disconnecting online play was one thing, but now they are corrupting data on my hard drive? What the fuck?

Comment

• LOL! That sounds so like Capcom

"Oh yeah, we'll just take it a step further and corrupt the game files. Self-destruction, ya know? Keep precious material safe."

Comment

• The fact that Microsoft even has the ability to do that really scares me.
        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-10-2008, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• So glad I checked here before going to play tonight then...and I agree Dot. The fact that they can screw with your files is a bit disturbing.
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• I was paranoid about it so as soon as I downloaded it I unplugged the LAN cable. Then today I got the brilliant idea to try co-op online. Then as you know now, the game corrupts it's self... great... I'm just glad I had tried everything I wanted to before it happened.

On a completely unrelated note, does anybody know when the demo hits for everybody?

Comment

• Yeah it basically completely removed it and locked it out from being played completely for me. Sucks. I'm going to try to find the link to download and burn it now and see if that works.

The now downloaded version may have been programed to be Region locked. Maybe like a second wave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef_jerky_yo View Post
                I was paranoid about it so as soon as I downloaded it I unplugged the LAN cable. Then today I got the brilliant idea to try co-op online. Then as you know now, the game corrupts it's self... great... I'm just glad I had tried everything I wanted to before it happened.

On a completely unrelated note, does anybody know when the demo hits for everybody?
                im guessing sometime in jan. i seriously do not understand how or why they are doing this... it all seems a little to far to go to stop people from playing a DEMO.

Comment

• Just a quick question regarding the demo.

I looked through the thread and the RAR files are missing from the link. If any one has a copy or format that they could post I would greatly appreciate it; or even a link is fine. But yes it is scary that they can access your harddrive...><

Thanks.

Comment

• My demo is working (offline mode only) but the last time I was connected to the net with the 360 was yesterday morning (online mode already blocked ), I guess they corrupted the demo after my last connection, lucky me.

I hope you can play the demo from the disc.

Comment

• Microsoft will never surprise me. They're the most petty, evil corporation.

Comment

• Wow, Microsoft sure is dumb. They pay who knows how much money for a exclusive demo, and only want the few 360 owners in Japan to get a taste of the game. You'd think they wouldnt mind letting more people play the demo on their system before PS3 users can. What a great strategy.
                        Last edited by CODE_umb87; 12-10-2008, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Haha good thing I saw this before logging into Live today. I'm just a Silver anyway. Fuck Microsoft though.

Comment

• Originally posted by synce View Post
                            Haha good thing I saw this before logging into Live today. I'm just a Silver anyway. Fuck Microsoft though.
                            Me too, thanks for posting you guys, lucky me

Comment

• I found a copy (Luckily) on Bittorent and burned it; just google "Resident Evil 5 demo download" and it should come up to those that need help.

On that note I'm going to go kill uuhh Ganado/Zombie/Villager Hybrids now

Later

Comment

• What the hell? I gotta wonder Capcom were thinking with this stratergy.

Capcom Exec: What? Dirty Americans wish to play our glorious game at the same time as we Japanese? Inferior beings! Scum! Order the self destruct sent out! They may not touch Resident Evil 5 until good Japanese folk have finished it!

Capcom Minion: Why sir? There dirty, filty american money is also good.

Exec: Yes, but we need to keep them in there place! And after the demo explodes...send in the Cleaners!

Minion: Sir, those aren't real. And they sucked.

Exec: Are you sure?

Minion: Yes.

Exec: Then why did you not create them!? Seppuku! Sepukku is all that can take your shame!

Minion: Sigh...

Comment

Working...
                                X