Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biohazard 5 Demo Videos & Hidden Trailer *UPDATED*

Dot50Cal thanks for the vids, you da man. I've seen many other on net, but they all suck compared to yours

Nomad9026 hi, it seems u 2 from Ukraine :-) looking forward to play with you, when PSN demo finally comes out...

Anytime. And the videos are truly the best from what I saw.
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Shanty Town video was awesome...lots of tense moments with chainsaw man! This game is going to kick ass and the graphics now that I have seen well encoded video are just amazing.

Axe man is a bullet sponge! Good to see treasures are back as I seen he dropped a gold ring.

War Horse Uranium

Quote Originally Posted by President_Evil View Post
    Dude, Dot50Cal, you are an amazing young man. Thank you very much for the half-hour plus of footage... I figuratively crapped myself many times while viewing it.

I've been saving up for a new set of drums for awhile now, but my excitement for RE5 has now reached an unbearable high. I can only pray Santa is nice to me this year and there's a shiny 360 under the tree for me... Otherwise I might be selling some organs, lol.

Thanks again, and hello THIA community!
    Thanks for the kind words, and welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by A-J View Post
    anywho, were you guys able to determine the resolution and FPS of the game from the demo ?
    I'll have to pose that question to quaz, but it looks like its full 1280x720.

Boulder Incident Witness

From those movies it seems the game is harder than RE4 (especially considering that this is Japanese demo). There were a few times when you Dot was short on ammo - and that was a really rare situation in RE4.

War Horse Uranium

Yeah, but you can always chalk that up to me being relatively new to the mechanics of the game. Theres a lot more enemies on you at one time, and you rarely have time to pick up ammo and items, since they actually added an animation of Chris/Sheva picking stuff up this time.

So you really have to wait til everyone is dead, or you have a spot to breathe before picking something up.

Resident 1.5 Expert

Yeah, my first playthrough on my own and with Dot, it felt very strained on ammo and I got low several times. But after I got used to the controls and got into the groove of things, I never felt pressed for ammo anymore. While making the videos with John, even in the ones where he's recording the melee moves, I was never worried and had no issues ammo-wise.

In regards to picking up ammo, I never found it a problem to do it mid-fight. In fact, doing so has saved me from getting hit several times. Since you bend down to pick it up, it's caused me to duck not only regular enemy lunges and weapon attacks, but I believe a couple of times I've ducked the axeman's swipes.

I hope RE5 is harder than RE4. One of my only complaints with 4 was that even on professional there was little challenge as long as you were patient. That would really kick up the replay value...a professional mode that was extremely hard but felt very rewarding upon completion.

Default eh..

Thanks for the video's, dot!
    I just watched the Speical Attacks movie you posted a few times, and I love them all, except.. the neck breaker sounds / looks a bit lame doesn't it? Hunks had a awesome visual, and satisfying sound effect, RE5's sound a bit dull, and the back view of it just seems ..off?

#06 Crow

Great work! Thanks guys for the videos

#29 Birkin Type 1

Here's hoping that the series will end at 6, and the last game will go back to the original game's roots, fixed camera angles, good graphics, dark horror atmosphere, and less action. I watched the gameplay video. It was well done. Don't get me wrong, I thought you guys did great with the video, I just don't care for RE5 that much.

#17 Licker

The "hidden trailer" is the opening scene from the press trailer way back at TGS and is in fact a cutscene sequence in the game.

War Horse Uranium

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy View Post
    The "hidden trailer" is the opening scene from the press trailer way back at TGS and is in fact a cutscene sequence in the game.
    Yeah, I just watched it and its pretty much frame for frame on that trailer.

Open Minded Veteran

Just downloaded the gameplay videos, and...WOW!!!
    Dot what kind of video capture card do you use? Mine doesn't record so good, I want your card now
    Amazing playthrough, the optional MP3 track makes me laugh a lot ahahah, guys you're crazy

War Horse Uranium

I use a Japanese PV3. Its from a company called Earthsoft.

#29 Birkin Type 1

There's a feature they could've added to make the game a little more interesting gameplay-wise. I doubt it is in the game, but it would've been cool if you could lock the doors on rooms, so that it will force the enemies to either jump over the wall, or break down the door. In regular closed rooms, this could be used to by some time. There was a rumor that you could lock the doors in rooms in 1.5. This would've been cool if they added it.

So in summary Dot were you impressed with the demo? To me from watching co-op footage I really don't see any major complaints and it looks fun to play. The only thing that looks bad to me is the enemy animations they frankly look dated.

War Horse Uranium

I'll have a local coop video up later in the day. But be warned, I played with a fan who fell out of the franchise a long time ago. So hes a bit rusty

I'll have a bit more to say on the demo when I can collect my thoughts on it for the podcast.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-09-2008 at 08:16 AM.

Boulder Incident Witness

Wow, there's more melee attacks in the demo, not included in your video Dot:
    http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=yvmiTibcVCE&fmt=22

War Horse Uranium

Looks like I'll have to update it then

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information