Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you prefer Marriage through love, or traditional ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you prefer Marriage through love, or traditional ??

Hello every body

today I have you nice Question

what do you prefer Marriage through love, or traditional ??

of course .... every body know in my arab world prefer traditional

and western world prefer love

now tell me .... this is right ??

By traditional I assume you mean arranged marriage, where the couple have little or no say as to there partner?

Well, my wife and I married for love. Purely for that. And we've been married over five years now. So I'm gonna say that works. Plus, I don't like the idea of making such a big choice as who they will spend there life with for my children. It is there life, after all, and only they should make choices which so totally affect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      By traditional I assume you mean arranged marriage, Plus, I don't like the idea of making such a big choice as who they will spend there life with for my children. It is there life, after all, and only they should make choices which so totally affect it.
      Completely agree with that, coming from a mixed asian background, i've had relatives try to push me into arranged marriage more then once which i've refused *to the point where most of the Asian side of my family has cut me off because I refused to comply with "tradition".*

Comment

for LOVE, i don't want to marry someone i don't know or don't like.

i think's it's wrong to be forced to marry someone.

Comment

If I were to get married, it would be for love.

Comment

Definitely for love. Marriage is supposed to be a lifelong thing after all, and I don't think I would want to spend my life with someone I was just forced to be with.
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

I must admit, Angel, I'm curious...why would people where you are from prefer to have arranged marriages, as you state? I mean, wouldn't you, personally, prefer a say as to who you'll spend the rest of your days with? Why is an arranged marriage better for you guys?

Comment

A traditional marriage is often a gateway to opportunities, though.

If your parents are on good terms with the parents of a wealthy family, it can be of great benefit for your family to have you "married into" that other family.

Even though you might not end up having much love and affection for your partner, you're still showing much love and care for your family and offspring by putting them "first" and in a good position.

Personally, I'm for the "love approach". Even the laziest and most useless person can be the most perfect role model and teacher and also the most caring and understanding parental figure, ever.

Comment

I didnt know that this traditional way still exists o.o

I think we should marry with a person that we love

Comment

I'd only get married for love. I'd hate to be pushed into something, and have always hated being forced to do things I don't want to.

Comment

Even though you might not end up having much love and affection for your partner, you're still showing much love and care for your family and offspring by putting them "first" and in a good position.
                      I don't know about that. It's not like the person to be wed is volunteering themselves (it is entirely the parents' decisions after all). Sounds more like the parents using their kid as a means to be financial secure, if you ask me.
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                        I don't know about that. It's not like the person to be wed is volunteering themselves (it is entirely the parents' decisions after all). Sounds more like the parents using their kid as a means to be financial secure, if you ask me.
                        Well, yeah, I mean, as long as you're "fine" with the whole deal... but if it's totally against your will, then it's something else (or that your parents kinda brought into existence solely for economical purposes :p)
                        Last edited by Carnivol; 12-08-2008, 06:59 AM.

Comment

It doesn't matter to me... i can´t get "married" anyway.
                          But... if i have to choose, hahhaa i would say love!!!

I'm really in love right now, so i hope one day, i can legally get married!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RE-Hiro View Post
                            It doesn't matter to me... i can´t get "married"
                            I think that some countries already allow this type of marriage,but I'm not sure

Comment

I know UK and...two USA states? Allow same-sex marriage, but I would never consider getting married.
                              You may find it weird considering I'm actually allowed, but I don't feel like I'd ever get married.
                              If I ever had to, I'd pick love, arranged is just wrong and inhumane...
                              Last edited by Gradon; 12-08-2008, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X