Resident Evil 5 Website Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Website Update

Capcom have recently given the Resident Evil 5 website a make over, the new website isn't completely operational at the moment though.

Capcom has just opened the interactive borders of Kijuju with the launch of http://www.residentevil.com/5/kijuju/?fbid=EXDfPO8FdeT# . This section of the official RE5 website will be home to unique content, not available elsewhere, including reward based content for sharing Kijuju’s secrets. Initially some content may only be accessible with a password.
    Enjoy your visit.
    No word on what the passwords might be, or when the site-proper will go online. Keep refreshing your browsers and you might get lucky.

Thanks to our forum member aris13, here's a list of phrases that can be made out :

- Kijuju
    - Wesker is a liar!
    - Progenitor Virus
    - Sheva knew
    - they are they are they are
    - they are in Kijuju
    - Seashell is evil
    - The Kennedy Report
    - Raccoon City wasn't the end
    - Majini
    - Where is Ozwell
    - Flashbacks can't stop them
    - Las Plagas
    - Uroboros
    - pg67a/w

*** Update ***

Apparently, you can watch a new press-conference themed video by clicking the "1" on the main website. Its titled "Episode 1 : Ceremony". The video seems to be made with real actors, its a police ceremony honoring Chris, while Chris himself narrates it.

The password is : refinery

You can also unlock additional content on the website like screens, Q and A and a Video Mixer by "sharing" the link Five times.

Further Web-isodes will be unlocked as the "Community" counter on the site increases.

*** End Update ***

Resident Evil 5 Official Website thanks to Rombie and aris13
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-08-2008, 06:59 PM.

Also you can unlock exclusive screenshots, Q & A and a video mixer.

EDIT:According to Evil Shady the password is "refinery" but if you're lucky you won't need it.
    Last edited by aris13; 12-08-2008, 03:07 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

yeah, i didnt need the password, was able to watch the video ..

also, can you please post a list of the extra's the site has and how to see them so i can edit them in above? the site's a bit TOO heavy and im having troubles running it at my end ..

edit : the guy playing chris in the video looks nothing like the in-game chris
      Last edited by A-J; 12-08-2008, 03:14 PM.

Comment

^That's okay. The live action actor from Bio 1 didn't look like the in-game Chris either.

Comment

just edited in a bit more stuff into the first post.

come on lads, share n' care to unlock all the website has to offer.

Comment

So, I guess according to this video (post-Kijuju), that Chris & Sheva both live?

And that Chris shrinks dramatically in size? (And still no longer cares for shaving...)

Comment

that Chris & Sheva both live?
              the video seemed to make no mention of sheva being alive .. (or did i miss anything ?) and chris does freak out pretty badly after seeing kijuju written on the paper.

the kind of "freaking out" that can be caused by seeing the death of a trusted one ..

eh ?

and yeah, he probably had the reverse surgery to take out those man-babies from his biceps once his mission was complete :p
              Last edited by A-J; 12-08-2008, 03:26 PM.

Comment

A-J, after watching the video I was given the impression that the black woman in the crowd, who fetches the dropped speech, is supposed to be Sheva.
                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 12-08-2008, 03:27 PM.

Comment

i dunno, i thought she was just some reporter type .

Comment

I thought that at first, but then the way she kept being focused on, and the similar hair...well, I figured she was a poor resemblance of her in-game model, much like Chris with his live action actor.

But then...why wouldn't she be receiving a medal as well? Maybe she is kaput?

Or, I am putting too much thought into a poorly made video.

Probably the latter.

Comment

This video is just for marketing campain reasons, I don't think that it is canon.
                      Also the tagline reads: Fear you can't forget.
                      Last edited by aris13; 12-08-2008, 03:34 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Guess that confirms that the old chap from the trailer is indeed Ozwell Spencer, not that anybody really doubted it, but this seems like firm evidence to support the theory now.

And are Seashell a new corporation for RE5? Something tells me we'll be getting a lot of flashbacks in RE5, hope some of them are playable!

Comment

^I don't know. I glanced at "Seashell is evil" and didn't think twice about it. But maybe "Seashell" is "Corporation S?" Perhaps you are onto something?

Or is it a city? Or a widely-consumed product in Kijuju?

Seashell is evil...? WTF...

EDIT: If "Seashell" happened to really be "Corporation S," then they should fire their marketing people. There is nothing sinister or imposing about the name Seashell. Might as well have stuck with "Corporation S." Seashell...haha.
                          Last edited by Jill's Boob; 12-08-2008, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Sheva knew? Oh I like this idea hope she is working for Wesker or something and turns, Then you could have (If your playing co-op) the two players fight it out.

Comment

What do you guys mean by "Sharing the link"? How does it track this?

Comment

Working...
                              X