Resident Evil 5 UK Rating + "Mercenaries" Confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 UK Rating + "Mercenaries" Confirmed

The BBFC have recently rated Resident Evil 5's age restriction level, the game came up 18, which was to be expected. But more interestingly the article also lists the running time of the cut-scenes for Resident Evil 5 and "Mercenaries".

When submitted to the BBFC the linear elements within the work had a running time (eg cut scenes) of 65m 17s.

n/a RESIDENT EVIL 5
    01:00:00:00 53 CUTSCENES
    n/a MERCENARIES
    00:05:17:00 GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE
    The Mercenaries mode's return was expected but this is probably the closest thing to a first confirmation. But just an hour of cut-scenes sounds awfully short.

Resident Evil 5 BBFC Rating thanks to Skunky
    Last edited by A-J; 12-10-2008, 03:22 PM.

Thanks for that A-J.
    It's pretty random this occured out of the blue.
    Mercinaries confirmed? It should have online play.
    And BirdWoman, and PLEASE let us pick our character for online play for Pete's sake.

Comment

mercenaries has 5 minutes of cutscenes too, sounds interesting.

Comment

Wait...65m 17s...or 65h 17m? For the "linear elements?"

As for an hour of in-game cutscenes...what was the duration for cutscenes in RE4?
        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 12-10-2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Little story driven, maybe?
          Odd, maybe it's something like picking a character and following their story through.
          Albeit a short, and most likely non-canon mode.
          Last edited by Gradon; 12-10-2008, 03:42 PM.

Comment

mercenaries has 5 minutes of cutscenes too, sounds interesting.
            Not sure about that. It says after Mercenaries "GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE".

53 cut scenes running 65 minutes...
            Sounds quite decent to me.
            I wont be counting them though

Comment

Wait...65m 17s...or 65h 17m?
              When submitted to the BBFC the linear elements within the work had a running time (eg cut scenes) of 65m 17s.

65 minutes.

Not sure about that. It says after Mercenaries "GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE".
              it says linear elements like cutscenes above, maybe this is a gameplay loop video that plays if your in idle mode at the menu.
              Last edited by A-J; 12-10-2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

That's not the maximum amount of time given to cutscenes. Essentially what a game company has to do is submit a certain amount of footage from the game that captures the essense, theme and visuals of the title so that the BBFC get a good idea of what is it.

So Capcom will of submitted the games most violent moments, both gameplay and cutscene so they can rate it accordingly.

Fear not, there will be more there than what is seen there, though bare in mind - I doubt all the cutscenes in Resident Evil 4 or CODE: Veronica amount to what? 45 minutes you think?
                http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

well that makes sense, the game is a few months away, capcom's probably not sending out finished versions this early ..

Comment

I think you are being modest here, a half hour is more like it. Most cutscenes are no longer than two minutes and often times a minute or less. Past RE's haven't exactly been cutscene driven like MGS is.

Comment

Oh, I got it now...I thought "linear elements" pertained to total playable game content.

I didn't see the "(e.g. cutscenes)" blurb.

Thanks.

Comment

Yeah I thought 65 mins of cutscenes was quite good, I think Re4 was bout 30 mins tops. Metal Gear Solid 4 is bout 4 or 5 hours which is insane its one of the reasons I refuse to buy it. 65 mins is great.

Comment

I just realized that if this is all accurate, it would seem that there wont be any 'Separate Ways' type extra missions. If there was to be, then wouldn't they have to submit it for ratings too?
                          Unless something comes later as download content.

Comment

yeah, separate ways type things will most likely be DLC (worst case, exclusive DLC for one console).

Comment

It would be cool if they did DLC characters for mercenaries. Random characters like Barry and Rebecca.

Comment

Working...
                              X