No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 UK Rating + "Mercenaries" Confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well with the mercenaries having cutscenes now that will probably be the Seperate Ways. Maybe the Merc's will show the other characters Seperate Ways if you will.

Comment

Good news i guess, 65 min are ok for me. Remember the final cutscene of MGS2, that was 30min at least.
      sigpic

Comment

This is good news, it actually made my day because I was afraid there was not going to be a Mercenaries mode in 5, because recently they announced that the game would be releassed uncensored in Germany. This made me think that the Mercenaries wouldn't be included in this game, because in Germany this minigame wouldn't be allowed like it was with Resident Evil 4. This makes me think that german gamers will not get the minigame, which supports my plan in getting the US version of the game, since the German releasse may be cut or shorter.

Comment

I thought Mercenaries was confirmed a while ago. Any who, it will be great, and co-op in Mercenaries would kickass! I think 65 mins is fine for cutscenes, compared with the horror show I heard the lengths of MGS4's cutscenes were and the length of RE 4's. And DLC would also be quite awesome, but cutscenes in Mercenaries seems interesting, maybe for each character and/or stage. Maybe Seperate Ways or Assignment Ada type DLC, as stated before, and more Mercenaries characters/maps like Leon and Krauser (if not included) and maps from RE 4, and maybe characters form previous RE games or maybe even different games all together. The demo is perfect, showed it to my friend today, and we are both RE freaks. Only 92 days to go...

Comment

65 minutes?
            My god, not hours and hours?
            *Salutes Capcom*

Thanks for keeping a game a game, and transforming it into an animated movie.

65 minutes and + is perfect, not too much, not too less.
            As for Merceneries, it was confirmed quite some time ago, but it doesn't hurt to get reassuring words of confirmations anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadArtist View Post
              This is good news, it actually made my day because I was afraid there was not going to be a Mercenaries mode in 5, because recently they announced that the game would be releassed uncensored in Germany. This made me think that the Mercenaries wouldn't be included in this game, because in Germany this minigame wouldn't be allowed like it was with Resident Evil 4. This makes me think that german gamers will not get the minigame, which supports my plan in getting the US version of the game, since the German releasse may be cut or shorter.
              i always failed to see why they cut the merc's from the german version of re4...

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                yeah, separate ways type things will most likely be DLC (worst case, exclusive DLC for one console).
                After the Deluxe Edition and the Japanese demo I have no doubt of what console will get the DLC, if exclusive DLC for one console has to be.

Comment

Oh God! Not the Mercenaries again. I hate the mini game. Capcom sure copied RE4 in everything. I still played RE4 mercenaries to unlock the Handcannon. (gun freak) If RE5 Mercenaries have good weapons to unlock something cool like a gold AK47 or better than I'm in.

Comment

The Mercenaries rule! Imagine playing wesker in RE5! It's just a sweet thought... but wow so worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by revil5 View Post
                      Oh God! Not the Mercenaries again. I hate the mini game. Capcom sure copied RE4 in everything. I still played RE4 mercenaries to unlock the Handcannon. (gun freak) If RE5 Mercenaries have good weapons to unlock something cool like a gold AK47 or better than I'm in.

Wtf?

1. You are not forced to play the mini-game.
                      2. How are they copying RE4 when Merceneries was first introduced in RE3?

Anyways:

Of course 65 is not the final. That's barely 1:30 for each cut-scene, not even. And we already know many of the scenes in the game are not around 1 minute each.

Not to mention Capcom stated they wanted a movie-game feel to it, and 65 minutes isn't enough. At the very least, the final should sport a 90-100 minutes of cut-scenes.

Comment

I know I'm not forced but why have it when Capcom could have came up with something else better. RE3 did have Mercenaries but I said RE5 copied RE4 cause even the controls (excluding shooter), and monsters are the same. (El Gigante, Las Plagas)

Comment

No. There is no confirmation that it is an El Gigante, and especially no confirmation that it's Las Plagas.

Las Plagas CAN have something to do with it, but it's not Plagas itself.

Comment

They 360 Leipzig RE5 trailer (I think) showed a Gigante crushing a BSAA agent so I'm pretty sure RE5 will have one.

Comment

I remember when TR: Underworld was submitted to the BBFC, and they kindly listed all the levels, cutscenes, and characters for the people who wanted to stay spoiler-free

Anyway, 65min sounds about right. Enough for me. RE4 dragged on a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by revil5 View Post
                                They 360 Leipzig RE5 trailer (I think) showed a Gigante crushing a BSAA agent so I'm pretty sure RE5 will have one.
                                Um, you didn't get me.
                                Just because we saw a glimpse of a giant creature that "looked" like El Gigante doesn't mean it is an El Gigante.

Comment

Working...
                                X