Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
    Um, you didn't get me.
    Just because we saw a glimpse of a giant creature that "looked" like El Gigante doesn't mean it is an El Gigante.
    IIRC, there was one of those WIP wallpapers that had 'gigante' written on it. Someone will have to confirm that 100%.

The total cutscene length will be alot more then what you'd see ingame, if they are using QTEs and multiple story paths (think RE1).
    With the QTEs there are 2 cutscenes from every QTE - success and fail.
    Granted but, they will only be short cutscenes.

I couldn't care less for 'The Mercenaries'.
    Real men play Mad Jackal ;).
    sigpic

Comment

How are they going to follow through on their promise of flashbacks in 65 minutes?! Factor that in with the game's storyline, character development cutscenes, information about Jill, plus cutscenes involving Chris and Wesker? Shit...Chris and Wesker scenes could total 65 minutes alone.

Comment

When games get submitted for rating they don't actually play the entire game, or watch every cutscene. The developer throws together a short reel of the most explicit footage. So there's an hour of gory cutscenes, not an hour of TOTAL cutscenes. That'd be ridiculous. It's like saying there's 5 minutes of gameplay in Mercenaries.

Comment

Hmm. I don't know, I seem to remember(on the KojiPro Podcast) Ryan Payton talking about how in MGS4's reel, they had every "questionable" bit from every cutscene, plus every 'death' and violent act during gameplay...the video ran A LOT more than 65 minutes. MGS4 might be a bad example due to its cinematic style, but I wanna see if I can find just how long it was.

EDIT: Here it is.

545 minutes, 47 seconds. 9 hours, 5 minutes and 47 seconds...and that sounds about right. The game had 8 hours of cutscenes. Add in an hour and five minutes for 'questionable' or 'violent' gameplay, and there's your 9 hours, 5 minutes and 47 seconds. This is making me worry about RE5. Again, it might be a bad comparison, but this is the same exact situation, isn't it?
          Last edited by Vector; 12-10-2008, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Metal Gear Solid had verbal diarrhoea and begrudingly let you play it for rougly... 5 minutes of every hour. RE5 won't be like that, and rightfully so. Nobody wants 8 hours of cutscenes.

Anyway, not everything is submitted to the BBFC. Just enough for the board to see the tone of the work and what context any material likely to offend appears in. There's no reason for the BBFC to consult footage in which two characters are talking with no violent/offensive/disturbing implications, so there's likely to be more than sixty minutes of cutscenes. If not, then maybe a lot of story reveals will happen in real time. There's no problem with that.

In the meantime, check out what was submitted to the BBFC for the RE4 release.

Last edited by Gideon Quinn; 12-10-2008, 11:53 PM.

Comment

RE 4 had 127min of cutscenes? That doesn't sound too good for RE 5...right?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                How are they going to follow through on their promise of flashbacks in 65 minutes?! Factor that in with the game's storyline, character development cutscenes, information about Jill, plus cutscenes involving Chris and Wesker? Shit...Chris and Wesker scenes could total 65 minutes alone.
                Mmm... playable flashbacks?

I don't know how co-op can fit in playable flashbacks (ok for Jill, but the others?).

Comment

I'm thinking the 5 minutes of 'Mercenaries GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE' is probably a compilation video the ratings board watched, that showed all the killings and deaths for each character and enemy. I can't see there being cut scenes in Mercenaries, it wouldn't really make sense.
                  In the meantime, check out what was submitted to the BBFC for the RE4 release.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...2?OpenDocument
                  Wow! I didn't think RE4's cut scenes were that long.
                  Interesting how they include 'Separate Ways' but not 'Assignment Ada'. Maybe there is still hope for an extra mission (or 2)?
                  I think the most likely download content will be extra characters for Mercenaries and maybe extra maps (hopefully including Raccoon City with zombies). It would be great if they do add some extra missions you can download. Last I read, Capcom said they would like to "do something" but they didn't know what, yet.
                  Real men play Mad Jackal ;).
                  Mad Jackal is very cool!
                  However, Bad Men play both...

Comment

It is interesting that re5 will get an 18 rating here in the uk. I am wondering if the death scenes will be uncensored. I read an interview with Jun Takeuchi, and he said that re5 does not over glorify violence... so maybe all of the death scenes will stay the way they are ? (no heads off). re4 on the other hand had some pretty shocking deaths and i am very surprised that it it was given a 15 rating.

Comment

IIRC, there was one of those WIP wallpapers that had 'gigante' written on it. Someone will have to confirm that 100%.

Again, you don't get me either. The wallpaper shows that Chris/Sheva going into battle with El Gigante; but nowhere does it say it's the same Plagas infected El Giant.

Comment

Again, you don't get me either. The wallpaper shows that Chris/Sheva going into battle with El Gigante; but nowhere does it say it's the same Plagas infected El Giant.
                        What's your point? If we make a new monster exactly like an old one and we call it "Pippo", does the name change the fact that it is a copy of the previous enemy?

We have a monster that looks exactly like the one in RE4.
                        Last edited by Petronio; 12-11-2008, 07:15 AM.

Comment

2. How are they copying RE4 when Merceneries was first introduced in RE3?
                          RE3's merc was actually fun to play, rescuing hostages, find out strategies to kill a lot of enemies fast in a row, save ammunition, etc. Where RE4's merc was 'just' a run and shoot thing and got boring after couple of plays for me thus a very mindless extra game, capcom could have left it out imo. I sure hope they make a good merc again where you have actually to do sth (thinks of re3 merc and re2 extreme battle/4th survivor) rather than just run and shoot goddamit.
                          I highly believe those 65 min 17 secs (1h cutscenes, 5 min 17 secs mercenaries gameplay) were purly just for rating reasons and the final product will have more, then again they said that this game will be shorter than RE4 iirc.

PS: Please for gods sake don't let enemies lose items when you kill them that's just so lame. Okay my lil unfitting rant here.
                          Last edited by Scott Green; 12-11-2008, 08:23 AM.

Comment

this will be the first Resident Evil game thats been rated 18 in the UK

all the core series has been given a 15 tag, and all the spin off / side games have had the PEGI 15 which i guess is a bit lower than the UK's seal of "approval".

dead aim may have been a 12,

so its actually quite surprising its an 18, must be a lot of blood and gore for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Green View Post
                              Where RE4's merc was 'just' a run and shoot thing and got boring after couple of plays for me thus a very mindless extra game, capcom could have left it out imo. I sure hope they make a good merc again where you have actually to do sth (thinks of re3 merc and re2 extreme battle/4th survivor) rather than just run and shoot goddamit.
                              It actually requires some strategy and a lot of skills to get a GOOD score in RE4 mercs. You have to keep the combo, time the hour-glasses which give you more points pr enemy, collect the time bonuses (which is pretty much the same as saving those people in RE3, if you think about it, only with the "human factor" left out). Good fun.

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                              so its actually quite surprising its an 18, must be a lot of blood and gore for that.
                              Maybe it's because of the added realism due to the ever-improving graphics in the gaming industry. Or maybe Sheva shows her tits.
                              Last edited by Anders; 12-11-2008, 11:18 AM.
                              lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                                Maybe it's because of the added realism due to the ever-improving graphics in the gaming industry. Or maybe Sheva shows her tits.

haha, UK censors prob thought the camera focus's on her ass way to much for the british public's liking!

Comment

Working...
                                X