Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biohazard 5 Demo - Intentionally Sabataged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard 5 Demo - Intentionally Sabataged?

As most of you already know, the Biohazard 5 demo has received a few server-side updates in the past few days. The first disabled the ability to download the demo from a non Japanese IP Address. The second signed you out of Xbox Live when you booted the demo. Oddly enough, at least one Japanese user (Japanese Console, IP, Account) also has this issue. The final, actually corrupts the demo when you load it while connected to Xbox Live.

Seeing there was a major issue, Worth Playing went ahead and tested the demo on multiple consoles and received the same errors. They went ahead and contacted Capcom and Microsoft. Interestingly, Capcom US had no idea this was happening.

Chris Kramer, Senior Director of communications and community at Capcom said that Capcom US was aware that players outside Japan had downloaded the demo, but was very surprised to hear about the corruption issue. He assured us that it was not something that was planned or done at the request of Capcom US.

"This is the first that Capcom US has heard of the issue. We are looking into it with Microsoft and Capcom Japan and will have an update in 24 hours or less," said Kramer.

He also let us know that plans were in place to officially release the demo in the US and Europe and that Capcom would soon be making an announcement regarding the release timeline.

"Next week we will also be announcing our official plans for the release of the RE5 demo in US and Europe," said Kramer.
    Hopefully this issue is resolved soon, and we can all go back to playing the demo together again.

Worth Playing - Biohazard 5 Demo Corruption
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-12-2008, 02:00 AM.

well that's weird, MS should be doing everything they can to ensure that their exclusive-demo remains up and operational to its fullest ..

Comment

That is a very interesting piece of news...Thanks for keeping us updated.
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

At this moment can you play the demo with the CD?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
          At this moment can you play the demo with the CD?
          I burned it onto a CD, and yes, I've still been able to play it.

Comment

OK thanks
            sigpic

Comment

Interesting, then is not Capcom USA doing. Let's hope we can play again the online mode on the JAP demo.

Comment

Supposedly it detects your IP address, so it doesnt matter what region account you open it with. You can't play it online period, so just disconnect before playing it and it wont corrupt.

Comment

Yeah, and it's deffinitely not the work of ppl from Capcom. It's 100% Microsoft. Can't believe this s*#&! Ok, I understand (kind of but not really) that they wanna make it japan exclusive, then i understand (not really) that they wanna stop the others players outside Japan to play it, but screwing up the demo is really low, even for M$ part.
                  Anyway, for those still having problems, get the demo from someplace else and play offline. Heck remove the cable to be 100% sure nothing happens.

Comment

Such news perfectly reported are why I check this site at least once a day. Thanks Dot50Cal.

Luckily, I only have a brand new PS3 which I'm enjoying a lot, the reason I bought it was to play PES2009, MGS4 and last but the most important: Resident Evil 5 (geeh, I bought a gamecube for RE: Remake, RE 0 and RE4)

I was about to get a Japanese PSN account in order to have access to the RE5 demo for PS3 ASAP.

You don't have to be a brainy to be forecasting that Japanese servers are going to be surpassed from outsiders.

As CubanOlive07 said, I don't think it's wrong though we might need to review terms and conditions at the time you get a Japanese account (in Japanese which is at least difficult to understand and eventually to accept for almost the entire world!). So, I don't think that whatever said those conditions can't be applied unless someone told you in your language (which is not necesarily english: "If you don't live in Japan, you're not allowed to suscribe at Japanese XBL/PSN". So, I consider that being an outsider and having a Japanese accounts is legal.

My conclusion is that this has put Capcom into troubles. It's obvious that such long awaited regional exclusives via XBL/PSN can't be applied. So if they don't have the architecture infrastructure (servers, etc) it's SERIOUSLY WRONG to corrupt demos and disable online mode. Someone has screwed this up, either from MS and Capcom.

IMHO, this has been done to avoid servers to be collapsed, but they chosen the worst countermeasure. So now, us, the evil non-japanese users need to pay that fault?

I think this is SERIOUSLY wrong! and yes, there was "colateral damage" too. This is HORRIBLE!

From the bright side, there's no company that love troubles, because they just happens without looking for them.

I really hope that this lead us to Worldwide demo releases which is what should have happened in the first place.

We live in a globalized world, they SHOULD KNOW and have to think GLOBALLY!

The differences between STORES it's a seriously WRONG POLICY!
                    Last edited by Handsome Rob; 12-12-2008, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Yeah, right, they don't know. Of course they know. They set it up. I don't fall for any of that bullshit.

Comment

Europe doesn't exist to the games industry.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                          Europe doesn't exist to the games industry.
                          Old England does though. They sure love their developers <3

Comment

"This is the first that Capcom US has heard of the issue."
                            What the hell... I really hope Capcom will kick your ass damn Microsoft

Dot is right, I read on Xbox360Fanboy that MS is using some sort of Xbox 360 IP identification to disconnect non-Japanese gamers from Xbox Live as soon as the Resident Evil 5 demo is loaded.
                            Last edited by Sunglasses; 12-12-2008, 08:32 AM.

Comment

if thats true jesus its kick ass time for capcom and capcom while your at it date for the ps3 demo plz heheh (and hurry)
                              i want it so bad !!!.

Comment

Working...
                              X