No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 Boxart, Five RE5 Screens, 1UP Previews RE5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

typical US cover with the hero plastered on the screen, personally im a fan of more simplistic boxarts.

Comment

No. Cover with characters gives some insight on how a game might be if no one has ever seen it before.

The US boxart>EU.

Comment

Okay, stupid Capcom, you've ruined my boxart, im importing this from USA.

Comment

Where is Chris's machete? It is missing...the sheath is there, just no machete. Did he let Jason borrow it?

Comment

A minimalist cover can be seen at a first glance in a shelf full of games with colorful covers. They're not looking for beautiful covers, they are creating covers using bussiness strategies, simple as this...

Oh, and I prefer PAL version. That image of the heroes of the game is so typical that says nothing but another action game.
            I prefer a simple cover that says: there's no need of showing you something in the cover, just play and you'll get your pants wet of terror

Comment

Where's the PC boxart?

Comment

I actually like the PAL better. I like the creepy writting all over Africa and you can barely see it on the American version.

Comment

Horrible box covers. And the ones with Chris and Sheva just scream "action."
                  My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                  ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

My voice is for pal version.
                    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      I actually like the PAL better. I like the creepy writting all over Africa and you can barely see it on the American version.
                      Agreed, but it still doesn't beat this

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
                        Horrible box covers. And the ones with Chris and Sheva just scream "action."
                        Agreed. They (the boxarts) are not very imaginative.

While they present a very "cooperative" feel (i.e. 2 distinct heroes), it kind of just shows two armed combatants ready for, as you said, "action." Nothing really to distinguish this title from the many other action titles.

A lone chainsaw maniac would be better to adorn this cover.

Originally posted by ganado View Post
                        Amen.
                        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 12-18-2008, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Well that RE4 PAL boxart has nothing to do with the real atmosphere of RE4... it's like pretending it's about a horror video-game. RE5 now is like "see, this is an action game"

Comment

Too...much...awesome...info...for...brain...to...h andle
                            First this, than the spoilers at RE Horror which I want to look at but can't like Ben Stiller with the pizza in Dodgeball! March! I command you come NOW!
                            Last edited by Dredgon; 12-18-2008, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ganado View Post
                              Agreed, but it still doesn't beat this

http://www.ngcfrance.com/images/jaqu..._4_box_pal.jpg
                              Truth.

I wonder if the special editions will get different covers. I really am not fond of the American cover. I've seen fan made covers that look better.
                              sigpic
                              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Meh...these are just temporary box covers until the eventual "Special Edition" release of RE5.

Comment

Working...
                                X