Resident Evil 5 Prequel Comic Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Prequel Comic Announced

DC Wildstorm have announced that they will be publishing 2 Resident Evil based comics in 2009, the first is titled "Dark Burden" which will reveal Chris's back story leading up to his arrival in Africa.

The second one called "Fire and Ice" is a spinoff comic dealing with the STARS Charlie squad and their fight with "Zombie Virus".

Dark Burden will debut March 11th and will be priced at 3.99$ per issue. Fire and Ice will be priced 24.99$ and will be published in limited quantities.

Resident Evil Comics

I'm sure this will be connected with Jill's death... since it's about a prequel...

Comment

God damn, what a news day.

Comment

are they canon?

and, yeah, i think it will have something to do with Jill as well.

Comment

Is this a remake of Fire and Ice or are they republishing it?

Comment

Fire and Ice is a republishing of the old series. I think they are all bound in one big book, similar to what they did with the original 5 run of the RE comic.

Comment

Yeah, the day is pretty crazy on news. I'am really looking forward to the comicbooks. I hope that the art will be good, does anyone know who's the artist?
              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Don't think Fire and Ice has ever been classed as canon. But the new prequel one for Resident Evil 5 sounds very much so, in the way Prelude to the Fall is for Umbrella Chronicles.
                http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Why would the more important one(Dark Burden) be priced cheaper?

Comment

because its a mini series, the other one is a single-book like thing.

Comment

Oh ok, didn't read the "per issue" part.

Comment

I have all four original Fire and Ices

Anyway, this looks cool. Wonder why Capcom is only doing a 5000 run of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                          God damn, what a news day.
                          It's only going to get crazier as the game gets closer to release.

Get your anti-spoiler/leak stick out, Dot!

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                            Don't think Fire and Ice has ever been classed as canon. But the new prequel one for Resident Evil 5 sounds very much so, in the way Prelude to the Fall is for Umbrella Chronicles.
                            Yeah, that is exactly the case except this time in English.

The art is by Kevin Sharpe and Jim Clark, both pretty high profile artists. Should be pretty interesting.

Comment

Fire and Ice was a bit shitty but I'm very excited about the RE5 comics!

I think I read that there will be 6 issues.
                              Monthly for 6 months maybe?

Comment

Working...
                              X