• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.99$ per issue
    Holy goddamn cheap Batman!
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

If it is it'll be a bit strange simply because the comic is released two days before the game itself and unless they don't explain specific events in the game (leading to the mystery need from the prequel comic) then having 5 issues beyond Resident Evil 5's release make it a touch pointless.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

#1 (of 6)

Comment

What's more convenient that it's on sale March 11, only two days before we get our hands on the respective-region copy of RE5.

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
            Holy goddamn cheap Batman!
            $3.99 for a comic book?! Is that "cheap" for a comic?

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
            What's more convenient that it's on sale March 11, only two days before we get our hands on the respective-region copy of RE5.
            I wonder just how much backstory these comics will contain? It's not like everyone who plays the game will be rushing out to purchase and read them...so...they must not be too revealing.

And I imagine that they will be of poor quality, much like the RE comics from way back when...

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
            Thanks, Skunky! Here's what the link says:

"Capcom's international video game sensation returns in March with Resident Evil 5 and WildStorm debuts the new prequel miniseries tying into the highly anticipated release! Find out what led Chris Redfield to Africa and learn the dark burden that haunts him! An absolute must-read for fans of the franchise and a starting point for new readers!"

Um...those things have been pretty much revealed already by the TGS trailer and the "Playing God" trailer.
            Last edited by Jill's Boob; 12-18-2008, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Fire&Ice is awful.

Stay away.

Stay far, far away.

Comment

^That's what I expected. Weren't all the old RE comics terrible?

S.T.A.R.S. "Charlie" team? C'mon...
                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 12-18-2008, 10:14 PM.

Comment

The Americans comics are... strange. They aren't the worst things ever created, but they're very, very rushed. Rushed to an insane degree that you have to wonder why they even bothered. (I'm speaking, of course, of the game adaptations. I never read Fire & Ice.)

I'm actually quite interested in these pre-RE5 comics. And, with such a low price, there's no way I won't pick one up.

Comment

I'm ok with the Resident Evil comic books but why there is no more mangas?. You can find mangas of many Capcom franchises (Rockman, Onimusha, Devil May Cry...) but nothing about Biohazard besides the 2 chapters of UC, and those are only available in the shonen champion.

Comment

^ I wish they'd translate more of the Korean manhwa into English, like they did with the CODE: Veronica ones. Those comics are not only gorgeous, but slow-paced and incredibly well-written.

Comment

This would of have been nice if I was into comics..

Comment

Destructoid (the site you link to in that article) is carrying the "forbidden" leaked info you don't want to associate with. Just sayin'. That's how I read it...I really shouldn't have though.

Comment

Did they ever release the second volume of the Wildstorm series? I have the first one, and as I remember, it left a few bits out, like STARS going through Europe, and the kid who turned into a G mutant. Were there even plans for a second one?

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                              Did they ever release the second volume of the Wildstorm series? I have the first one, and as I remember, it left a few bits out, like STARS going through Europe, and the kid who turned into a G mutant. Were there even plans for a second one?
                              I remember the Island with a couple being executed by Birkin's group, and how hardcore Barry was for jumping off a massive building into the swimming pool below. You just can't beat that with the family man. But I do hope this prequel will be canon to the series, and get to see more on Chris's past in the years after Code Veronica, leading up to 5.

Comment

I have one of the old Fire and Ice comics, never read it. I'll definately be picking up Dark Burden. I have all of the old CVX comics though, and they are actually rather good.

Comment

Working...
                                X