No announcement yet.

New Resident Evil 5 Trailer, PS3 Demo Footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always felt like Waugh was overrated. I think REmake's Wesker was good, in fact, better than Waugh and that DC Douglas is better than Waugh too. Not that I'm saying Waugh was bad or anything, just that people seem to think he's this great and unsurpassed amazing talent that we should all miss, when that's not the case at all.

RE1's (original) Wesker voice actor has the worst laugh of them all!

Also, new interview:

GameTrailers Co-Op Gameplay Interview
    Last edited by Henry Spencer; 12-19-2008, 02:45 PM.

Comment

nah RE1's voice acting PWNs all.

but i agree, i think waugh is kinda overrated, but he was pretty great as well, but his laughs were bad.

Comment

So who are we assuming is the voice actor in this? DC Douglas or Ken Lailly?
        Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 12-11-2013, 04:10 PM.
        http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
        http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
        Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, pretty much agree there. The accent twang he put on it killed it. He sounds much better in 5.

Comment

Wesker had an amazing accent in RE Zero
            sigpic

Comment

That was Richard Waugh - who played him in CODE: Veronica [X], Wesker's Report and all version of Resident Evil 4.
              Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 12-11-2013, 04:11 PM.
              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Good christ, who the hell is voicing Wesker in the damn game? Is it Ken Lally or D.C Douglas? WHY ALL THE DAMN CONFUSION CAPCOM?!

If anything, I hope it's Ken Lally. He sounded amazing in the last public trailer. Douglas just can't play Wesker.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

He's always DC Douglas, who said during the last trailer the voice actor is Ken Lally??? he's not him, he's Douglas guys... -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                    He's always DC Douglas, who said during the last trailer the voice actor is Ken Lally??? he's not him, he's Douglas guys... -_-
                    Lally said he voiced him in the trailers.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Where and when? I missed this ...

Comment

I only read that he voiced him during the mo-cap sessions, which I assume wasn't recorded and put in the game (why would it be?).

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                          I only read that he voiced him during the mo-cap sessions, which I assume wasn't recorded and put in the game (why would it be?).
                          Yes I think so too
                          "The director and the u.s. production team wanted me to play the voice as well, but Capcom wouldn’t let me. I do a really good Wesker impression. I acted out the scenes live, in character, and they dubbed my voice over with the actor later."
                          This is what exactly Ken said during our interview with him.

Comment

Something's telling me that the sea monster is Irving.

I really, really hope I'm wrong, though.

EDIT: Wow, the blonde girl screaming for help reminded me wayyy too much of Ashley.

You don't think...?
                            Last edited by Vector; 12-19-2008, 07:39 PM.

Comment

No, in no way did it remind me of Ashley.
                              The voice, the action, the stance, the way she cried for help, nothing like Ashley.

This was a more dramatic call of help "Help! Someone help me!!!". It's a desperate cry for help, "someone" meaning whoever but someone at least.

The building's on fire.

Comment

Blondie's mouth is bloodied...she may have been accosted by a majini who was trying to shove the parasite into her mouth like the method seen in one of the older trailers. But, why would Sherry be wandering an African village, subject to harm? Wesker would surely have her on lockdown, unless she escaped? And the unknowing majini assaulted her since she's obviously an "outsider?" Maybe Sherry is being held by Excella (and is the one being injected in scenes which gave us our first glimpse of the Italian goddess)?

As for someone being in the sea creature's "mouth" - I bet it IS Irving, as the sea monster is attacking the hydrofoil/watercraft that Irving is standing on when he exclaims "you twose are just in time for the fireworks show!" And the sky is the same dark, cloudy overhead in both scenes. Maybe he goes into a Salazar-esque transformation (I shudder to think about anything related to Salazar, possibly the worst RE character ever, besides RE4 Leon) to combat Chris/Sheva, since he wouldn't stand a chance otherwise and had nowhere left to run?

Just my two cents.
                                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 12-19-2008, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X