X-Play Preview on Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Play Preview on Resident Evil 5

The flood of Resident Evil news continue, with Capcom's Mike Webster presenting X-Play a look on the game. There are footages on the refinery stage and the boss battle against the bat and the chainsaw majini, and more in the 3 parts video, and he also goes in depth on the talk for AI system and inventory system.

X-Play on Resident Evil 5

*UPDATE*
    The 7 pages of Biohazard 5 in the latest issue of Famitsu revealed the information that a trailer will be available for download on XBox Live and Playstation Store at the beginning of next year. I am not very sure on what they meant though, but it seems that they are saying the TGS08 trailer (shown at the Capcom's booth) will be up for download after a 'renovation'. Either they mean it will be the exact same TGS08 trailer we have already seem, or the TGS08 trailer with some short new footages mixed in between.
    *END UPDATE*
    Last edited by xfactor; 12-20-2008, 03:49 AM.

Great, the xplay exclusive is full of unseen stuff. The fire in the refinery is almost real.

Comment

I don't know if he made a mistake, but he said, during the first video, that with the gears of war controls "you don't have to necessarily stay stationary while shooting" has anybody heard about this, because in the old demo this wasn't true. Do you think there is another control scheme they are going to release as the game gets closer.

Comment

To me it just seems that Mike Webster was somewhat clueless about details like those... but i'm reading a lot of discontent in that area, so who knows if Capcom felt forced to do that? If adding it to the mechanics will make the game harder - as this way enemies wouldn't supposedly stop when they approach you - (for your chance to aim at them) i'm all in for it! But i don't think they would add that extra difficulty in classic mode...
        Last edited by IGUANO; 12-20-2008, 10:12 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

They jeep talking about sunlight, but.... most of the new levels arent exactly bright-sunlight, they are more like what you had in RE4

Comment

Now that I listened to all of it I found it full of mistakes. That man knows nothing about resident evil. He says you can choose who you play as then the AI takes over the other person. As far as we've ever been told, single player you will always be Chris. He made sooo many other mistakes, I gave no credit to anything else he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef_jerky_yo View Post
              Now that I listened to all of it I found it full of mistakes. That man knows nothing about resident evil. He says you can choose who you play as then the AI takes over the other person. As far as we've ever been told, single player you will always be Chris. He made sooo many other mistakes, I gave no credit to anything else he said.
              I think he was talking about the online play but didn't specify. I'm wondering what will happen if you join a game as Sheva and the host leaves. I know during the 360 demo if either person left the game, you'd be taken back to the main menu. But yes...I noticed a few inconsistancies with other things he mentioned too. Especially since for the most part characters are stationary when they are fighting and not moving around like he said.
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I'm pretty sure I remember someone from Capcom saying that if someone leaves an online game, the AI takes over.

If not...EFF that.
                Last edited by Vector; 12-20-2008, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Not just someone, but Takeuchi himself said that so game experience and flow isn't broken.

If one person leaves, the AI takes over. I don't think this applies to the Host/Chris leaving, since obviously that'll be the host, and the game would probably be over or whatever.

Comment

Cool, I see an infinite ammo logo on the weapons! I hope there is infinite ammo and all weapons after you beat the game cause not having infinite ammo on the TMP in RE4 pissed me off. But then again it is probably due to demo purposes.

Comment

It was nice to see the new areas and capcom seems to be showing a lot these days but as usual the hosts suck and the guy from capcom was pretty bland.
                      Last edited by Stars1356; 12-21-2008, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Who's Mike Webster? And what's his position at Capcom? Anyway i think Chris Kramer does a better job at interviews.
                        sigpic

Comment

I was curious who this Mike Webster guy was, too. Never heard of him. But, I looked him up and apparently he's the "Director of Brand Marketing" for Capcom.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                            I don't think this applies to the Host/Chris leaving, since obviously that'll be the host, and the game would probably be over or whatever.
                            That's what I was talking about. I would be pissed if I was playing as Sheva and the host decides to just quit in the middle of a level and I'm forced to stop playing as well.

I'm also wondering if there will be a message about the switch between an actual partner leaving and the AI resuming control.
                            Last edited by Bertha; 12-22-2008, 01:27 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Working...
                            X