No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 PS3 Trophies Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if you all quit the series after RE5, does that mean you'll stop posting here and complaining all the time? Or is that too much to hope for?

*cough*

Comment

Well I must say there are some trophies there wich sound really intresting Spoiler:
      all I can say is Yes Yess YES it finaly happening

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        So if you all quit the series after RE5, does that mean you'll stop posting here and complaining all the time? Or is that too much to hope for?

*cough*
        Hi. I'm an irritated mod. This is the final warning:

Respect the opinion of others. Do no insult others. Is this so much to frickin ask?

It's at this point I start throwing out infractions.

For crying out loud, I've had to say this how many times today? Well, my patience is at an end. Play nice children. Or don't play.

Choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          Hi. I'm an irritated mod. This is the final warning:

Respect the opinion of others. Do no insult others. Is this so much to frickin ask?

It's at this point I start throwing out infractions.

For crying out loud, I've had to say this how many times today? Well, my patience is at an end. Play nice children. Or don't play.

Choose.
          Oh, I respect their opinions all right. But when practically every single post is a complaint about how the series has been ruined, or how they hate Capcom, or whatever, it gets a little old. Once should be enough. We get it. You don't like the game. Get over it and move on.

Though I imagine someone who agrees with them will be more sympathetic towards their posting ad nauseum than if they were constantly posting about how much the older games suck, and not RE4 or RE5.

Comment

It certainly is annoying. It's not the first time, won't be the last time. They complain, whine, and cry over something so trivial, ok, good, your point has been taken. Move on. But no, the attention0seeking ones will never quit.

Comment

I agree to a point. I don't like folks trying to turn every thread into an argument over RE4, which fortunately this one wasn't. But folks insulting others is never gonna be helpful either. It's not as though it's gonna stop people saying it, and we can hardly stop people from expressing there opinions either. On the plus side it has gone recently, which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                Really, people over-react to the smallest of things. Stopping/boycotting the series because a single character who doesn't really hold up the story anyways dies is one of the stupidest things I've heard around.

It really makes no sense.
                Thank you - I was so thinking that the entire time reading this thread.

I give everyone the right to moan about the changes (of yourse everyone has the right to their own opinion) --- but what always could make me really nervous/mad about the never ending complaining are little annoying things like the old camera angles or the typewriter or even loading screens of doors opening and then closing. It's those things that made me freak out during play and it's those things that made me not want to put the game back into the console.

So THANK YOU CAPCOM for changing a few things.
                Last edited by DeadArtist; 12-23-2008, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                  in my opinion, those are things i don't like about the series now, especcially the new camera, i hate it, and there is to much ammo.
                  Well the old camera anges were fine I never had a problem with them but the new camera fits with our time and it's a little better imo. And you know what, I am 20 years old and I want to play an action game, I liked horror games when I was 12.

About the ammo. Even in the old games you can end up with lots of ammo. The last time I played Remake I had 125 bullets for my beretta before the end of the game , if you know the old games very well then you will never run out of ammunation.

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                  We get it. You don't like the game. Get over it and move on.
                  Exactly, I understand that a lot of people are unhappy about the series direction but you have to move on. Shinji Mikami was making the same game for 5 years something had to change. You can't make the same game over and over again.

A lot of people said that RE 5 is the HD version of RE 4 so what, RE 3 was the exact same game with RE 2 and even used the same locations - like the RPD - I never heard anyone complaining about that.
                  Last edited by aris13; 12-23-2008, 03:06 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                    A lot of people said that RE 5 is the HD version of RE 4 so what, RE 3 was the exact same game with RE 2 and even used the same locations - like the RPD - I never heard anyone complaining about that.
                    right right right!!!

Comment

That's one thing I've never complained about. I guess it's the El Gigante from the trailer and the reused ganadao movements and AI (which I believe have now been altered) that gave people a hissy fit. The AI was my big issue, since the ganado AI is flawed to start with. I admit, though, I dislike El Gigante being there as well. This is upposed to be a new straing of virus. And even between RE2 and RE3 most of the enemies, bar zombies, dogs, spiders and crows do differ.

Comment

At this point Darkmoon i should remind you that the spiders from RE 1 were re - used in RE 2 and RE 3, they even had the same colour. Now how is this different?
                        sigpic

Comment

The dogs were also very similar.

In all, the point of the fact is, RE2 was like RE1 with different characters and settings, RE3 was RE2 and 1 with different characters and most of RE2's locations.

Enemies, weapons, gameplay, everything would be reused for the next game, yet no one ever game a damn. OB, OB2, DA, S, also used the same gameplay, enemies, etc(OB may have been co-op, but so is RE5 now).

At least this time it's not a direct copy basically. There are major changes from RE4 to RE5 that people are blind to recognize. They just see the same gameplay overtheshoulder and "zOMG! RE4 in HD!"

Comment

Yes, but those enemies do make sense. How many towns don't have crows, dogs, spiders and people? El Gigante, on the other hand, is a frickin giant created by the plagas, not whatever parasite is being used here. Which is not to say that it can't create a Gigante, since it clearly does. It would just make more sense, from my point of view, to loose Gigante. Especially one so similar to the one in RE4.

Yes, the other games do re-use elements. I personally have no issue with RE5 reusing elements from RE4. I don't like Gigante being there because I feel it doesn't make as much sense as it could, and honestly dislike him as an enemy anyway. I don't like the AI because it was flawed.

But there are a great deal of changes. I just hope it's in the direction of more story (very likely) and more horror and puzzles (lot less likely) than more shooty stuff (also likely).

Comment

But it's not just about enemies. The previous RE's took place in the SAME city, they had the SAME gameplay, yet no one complained.
                              Last edited by ElusionM; 12-23-2008, 06:35 PM.

Comment

it's not that were mad that RE5 is RE4 in HD, we're mad that RE4 wasn't RE3 in HD. Don't get me wrong, I loved RE4, But I would have loved shooting zombies even more. Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising, Operation Darkness, all terrible games, but I got to shoot zombies. Resident Evil was that one gem to look froward to, the one game where you got to shoot zombies and they didn't suck. I wold have loved it if RE4 was exactly the same in every way, only if there were zombies. I love the direction they went with the new controls and all the innovations, but they left out the simple joy of shooting zombies.

And I know complaining is annoying, but don't we, the fans, have a say in how they make the games. We're shelling out $60, on some of us $100 to play their game, but only if we want to. If they want our money they need to make a game that we want to buy. And they do try, I know, but only if they see our complaints, our needs.

I try not to complain, because the new Resident Evils have been so much fun. But I still miss the simple joys of shooting zombies, of trying to save ammo, planning what I can carry with me, and what has to be left behind.

How many of you have imagined what it would be like if there was a zombie outbreak in your home town? Is your plan to hit up Big 5 or gun store or police station, grab some guns, then hold up in a costco? Remember when shooting zombies was cool?

Comment

Working...
                                X