Biohazard 5 Demo Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post

I understand why you did it -- to show the differences to people who own both consoles(like myself) and want to make a final choice
    The real comparison is naturally the one between the final retail versions, so this comparison is purely for kicks, since the demos are of older builds of their respective consoles. The 360 had more demo builds as well IIRC.

Dot's reason for doing it... well, for kicks really He did a DMC4 demo comparison despite not being interested in the game one bit. Far better than relying on Gametrailers or the press in general, and it's fun.
    Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 12-29-2008, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IGUANO View Post
      Dot, here - http://www.the-horror.com/index.php?id=features - if we click directly on the text: "Biohazard 5 Demo Comparison", it directs us to the (great) "Dark Biohazard Interview". I thought i'd warn you. Great comparison, so far by what i saw i'm glad to be buying an X360! (soon)
      Whoops! Fixing

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post

Umon, not sure about the audio.
        Is the demo a full GB, or the whole content of the disc? I really don't anticipate any differences in that respect, but it's all the better if they're taking advantage of the extra space somehow.

Comment

Seems to be, but I dont know why its so much larger. I really want to dig around. God knows what kind of stuff is on it

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
            Sounds like a personal problem
            No, just call me old fashioned because I miss the days when people played games to have fun and didn't bicker over consoles and exclusivity and other bullshit of the like.

Comment

in 2009, the ps3 version will be good too
              i hope so...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                (...) I miss the days when people played games to have fun and didn't bicker over consoles and exclusivity and other bullshit of the like.
                Couldn't agree more! I simply can't understand all the fanboy bullshit... I love my Wii and i want an X360 but it's not like they're flawless or anything like that! To same people their consoles are almost godlike!

In respect to RE5 i really hope both versions come out as great as possible!

@Dot: I really hope you can dig something out of that (almost) 1GB!
                Last edited by IGUANO; 12-29-2008, 10:53 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Both versions look pretty sweet in my opinion. I prefer the look of some of the 360 screens and others on the PS3. Some just look 'different' not necessarily better or worse...
                  But I also question the point of doing the comparison at this time. It makes sense to analyze the retail versions but the demos released 3 months before the final versions..? Whatever, it's still interesting.
                  Comparing the scenes in motion will be interesting too. Didn't DMC4 have motion blur on PS3 but not 360? Are there similar differences with RE5?
                  Another thing you should note is that I took these shots through component video output on both consoles.
                  I'm no technical expert but why didn't you use HDMI? I thought that would produce the best results on both consoles.

Comment

I got the PS3 demo off of isohunt and burnt it to a bd-rom. It installs perfectly, but audio is a bit glitchy.

EDIT: I tried to burn it to DVD and it doesn't work. I get "Unsupported Media" icon/text.
                    Last edited by Zombie_X; 12-29-2008, 11:29 PM.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

what an indept comparison! i would have never noticed those differences if it wasnt for you lol

Comment

Prefer the look of the 360 version myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                          I got the PS3 demo off of isohunt and burnt it to a bd-rom. It installs perfectly, but audio is a bit glitchy.
                          You were able to download the torrent? Every time I try it always stops at 72.9

Comment

I like the 360 screens better but i'm still getting the PS3 version cause I will still be able to play it when my 360 gets the RROD. lol

Comment

The one screen out of all of them which interests me is the executioner... the 360 version clearly has a lot of detail, but the PS3 version ends up looking more like a painting due to the soft details and edgings. Other than that, aside from the odd thing here and there, I like the 360 version more.

If this is like DMC4 though, the filtering on the PS3 means aside from a little softness the screens make the comparisons very clear, but in motion far harder to tell. Given Dot makes this comment as well, I'm not surprised.

Will be interested to see how much of this does and doesn't still stand come March.

Comment

Dot50cal, can you rip the BD demo disc, upload it, and give us the DL link?

Please! =))

Comment

Working...
                                X