No announcement yet.

Biohazard 5 Demo Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From my personal comparison, yeah both games look more or less identical, just they way each console renders the visuals varies. It's like playing a game on a PC and running it through and Nvidia card or an ATI one, each will look subtly different.

The only thing I do notice is a slightly choppy framerate on the PS3 version, but only generally when I fire the Machine Gun, which personally feels more of a V-sync issue (with the flare and flash) than a performance one.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Can someone confirm if DMC 4 used QAA on PS3 as well?

I just fired up both DMC4 demos to try and see just how different those looked, and I must say they are a lot closer than the RE5 demos in terms of clarity. It doesn t seem like the PS3 version used QAA, as its visuals are 99% as clear as the 360. It has a slight softness to it, but no where near the PS3 RE5.

Did DMC 4 use QAA, and if not, is there a chance that the technique will sneak its way into PS3 RE 5 before release? I would sure prefer that over the current state that the PS3 RE5 is in.
      Last edited by Amphion; 02-14-2009, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• DMC4 on PS3 used Temporal AA, which induced a ghost frame.

Comment

• Ah ok, thanks Dot. My knowledge of AA techniques is not that great, but why was there a ghost frame with Temporal? Isn t Temporal the standard, "normal" way of doing AA? I would think that any type of ghosting and blurriness would be avoided with its implementation. Was this ghosting intentional on CAPCOM's part, or just the way PS3 architecture interprets CAPCOM's development tools?

Comment

• Temporal is more of a way of managing jaggies. It's only on when the character(s) is in motion. MGS4 used the same type as well. The ghost frame Dot spoke of is more noticeable with 60fps games, but I'd take that over an overall softer image personally.

The softness you saw in DMC4 was due to the 360 version's lack of additional filters that the PS3 had.

Comment

• Oh I see, so in other words the PS3 "softness" in DMC 4 was just an added effect rather than a technical limitation?

Comment

• Yeah, it was added on purpose. If you notice with the previous games in the DMC series, they all have this ghost frame as well, but they achieve it through different means. My guess is they did it so they could have the consistency through the series.

Comment

• That s interesting, yeah Ill check out previous DMC games. Strange that they decided to not include it in the 360 version then. These strange discrepancies always bug me.

I really hope (although I doubt) that CAPCOM surprises us and ends up using the same AA on RE5 instead of QAA.

Comment

• Uncharted vs Gears

Funny how Uncharted looks better than Gears 2 (Which is the best looking XBox 360 game). Shoot, Uncharted looks better than RE5 and it's way older! MGS4 blows RE5 in terms of graphics and controls, so why did Capcom give us RE5 with worse graphics and controls? Re-loading and shooting while standing still, WTF? I also think it's funny when I'm reloading the chainsaw guy waits for me to reload before trying to take my head off. Capcom, get your crap together.

Since the unveiling of the Uncharted 2 footage just before and during the Spike TV awards many have been questioning and speculating about ...

Comment

• Moving and shooting in a Gears style way just wouldn't work for Resident Evil, I would loathe to see Chris circle strafing a chainsaw guy. Plus it's built to realism a lot more, how accuratly do you think people can shoot moving and firing. Thinking about it I hardly ever move and shoot in GOW2, Uncharted, CoD4, the list just goes on. Okay it's good that the option is there for the people who want it, but Resident Evil 5 is not trying to be those titles.

I admit the standing still for shooting feels restrictive and horrible for the new control system, but if you play the game with the Resident Evil 4 controls, it suddenly feels more natural in a way that Resident Evil always has for it's genre.

Comment

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                        Thinking about it I hardly ever move and shoot in GOW2, Uncharted, CoD4, the list just goes on.
                        That's true. When I play GOW, I barely ever run and shoot. It's not accurate enough. It works for FPS, but third person not as much.

Comment

• In MGS4 I run and shoot all the time, especially online MGO. And why are the graphics so bad on RE5? Games nowaday should be on par with MGS4 and Uncharted. And realism you say? Why do enemies wait for you to reload before attacking? Capcom got lazy with the controls and character anamation, just look at the crappy death scene. Even RE4 had better death scenes of Leon getting his head lobbed off.

Comment

• I think Capcom are going for the less is more approach this time round. Things are often worse if you let your imagination do the talking.

And graphics are bad?! Really?

Comment

• And what's up chris being on roids?

Comment

• ok, the graphics are bad only compared to games like MGO, Gears, Uncharted.

Comment

Working...
                                X