No announcement yet.

Biohazard 5 Demo Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The graphics look alright to me. I mean, sure, I still think RE2 looks fine so I might be a little biased. I don't really care about how super and shiny the latest game is. Although I do fully intend to get Heavy Rain, which I hear is gonna be the best looking game this year. But that's because it also sounds awesome.

As for the move and shoot thing...it's an old hold over from the old games, and something they couldn't loose without having to re-write the whole enemy AI script. It's not a huge deal for me. As with others I prefer some kinda accuracy when I shoot, and moving just doesn't offer that.

And with the death scenes...they're censored in the demos, as they were in the RE4 demos. They might well be uncensored. And roid rage Redfield? Well, you got me there. I think it was a dumb ass move to turn him into the hulk.

Oh. And please don't double post. Tis against the rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hagu View Post
      In MGS4 I run and shoot all the time, especially online MGO. And why are the graphics so bad on RE5? Games nowaday should be on par with MGS4 and Uncharted. And realism you say? Why do enemies wait for you to reload before attacking? Capcom got lazy with the controls and character anamation, just look at the crappy death scene. Even RE4 had better death scenes of Leon getting his head lobbed off.
      That's because MGS is as far removed from realism as a pedophile leprechaun. Really, running and shooting is complete nonsense in games. Ask a soldier and he'll almost immediately tell you that it's ridiculous.

Why do enemies wait for you to reload before attacking?
      Because it would make the game far more difficult, and it happens less in the final build?

And the "death scene" is like that because the demo is censored, even the demo versions of RE4 had the same thing, the chainsaw guy only had to touch you for Leon to just keel over with the sound effect for a head being lopped off, but Leon just drops to the floor as though he were hit with an axe.

And the graphics are awesome. They're certainly the best I've seen so far in this gen. No sickly looking brown tint that makes it look more like the game got post-processed in shit. And MGS4's only decent graphical show-stage was at the very beginning of the game (cemetary) and parts of the South American stage. Beyond that, it looks like over-processed crap that's been run through a terrible saturation filter.

On that note post-processing needs to die. Developers never do seem to get it right, ever. The only game that actually used it well was MGS2.
      Last edited by News Bot; 02-16-2009, 04:23 PM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

In MGS4 I run and shoot all the time, especially online MGO. And why are the graphics so bad on RE5? Games nowaday should be on par with MGS4 and Uncharted. And realism you say? Why do enemies wait for you to reload before attacking? Capcom got lazy with the controls and character anamation, just look at the crappy death scene. Even RE4 had better death scenes of Leon getting his head lobbed off.
        Troll harder.

Comment

• Really because I'm an ex military 820 RED HORSE sq combat civil engineer and there are plenty of times where you have to move and shoot. Especially when in convoys and for cover fire. You won't be standing still aiming for head shots.

Oh and MGS4 looks like crap? Wonder why they won so many awards for for having the best graphics. Shoot, even MGonline looks better than RE5 or anything on Xbox for that matter.

Comment

• Really because I'm an ex military 820 RED HORSE sq combat civil engineer and there are plenty of times where you have to move and shoot. Especially when in convoys and for cover fire. You won't be standing still aiming for head shots.
            Except RE5 isn't Convoy: The Game. Good luck with even trying to land a hit while running around like a headless chicken firing a gun.

Oh and MGS4 looks like crap? Wonder why they won so many awards for for having the best graphics. Shoot, even MGonline looks better than RE5 or anything on Xbox for that matter.
            Yeah, that is strange. Uncharted looks better.

Comment

• you can aim and run easily. You're actually speaking to a marksman with the M-4.

Uncharted looks better? That's your opinion, IMO it has alot of screen tearing.
              Last edited by Hagu; 02-16-2009, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• you can aim and run easily. You're actually speaking to a marksman with the M-4.
                Most people cannot. Running while shooting in close quarters isn't going to win you any accuracy points nor is it going to help you out of the situation any quicker. Standing still on the other hand ensures that you hit each target with maximum precision.

Since when does screen tearing = looks? It's not a matter of opinion that Uncharted dwarfs MGS4 in graphics. You have to be absolutely blind (or positively ignorant) to argue otherwise.

Comment

you can aim and run easily. You're actually speaking to a marksman with the M-4.

Guess what, I'm an expert marksman too, and I disagree completely.

Comment

• Yeah, marksman in what weapon? And who certified you?

And CiarenDevlin, I own both games and I'm currently playing Uncharted. I play MGOnline on a regular basis (lvl 10), and I can easily say MGS4 has better graphics. Many others would agree considering it won so many awards for its stunning visuals. Bottom line, RE5 could have been better.

Comment

• And CiarenDevlin, I own both games and I'm currently playing Uncharted. I play MGOnline on a regular basis (lvl 10), and I can easily say MGS4 has better graphics. Many others would agree considering it won so many awards for its stunning visuals.
                      You are blind then. It's pretty much a reknowned fact that Uncharted is the best looking game this gen technologically.

Bottom line, RE5 could have been better.
                      In your opinion.

Comment

• I think you are blind, and forced yourself to believe what you want to believe. Show me a source where it says Uncharted is the best looking game of all time. Get Drake's dinger out your mouth.

Comment

• Sorry, you just lost your credibility.

Go do your research.

Comment

• Technically, any game could "do better."

Comment

• Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                              It's not a matter of opinion that Uncharted dwarfs MGS4 in graphics.
                              It is an opinion, unless it's related to the games' art direction, in which case a comparison is pointless. Much like that linked comparison of Gears and Uncharted. Heck, I think MGS4 looks better than RE5 and I'm not the only who thinks so.

I've spoken to people who worked on some prolific game and opinions are divided. Killzone 2 on the other is another matter.

How about ignoring trolls; it may actually work.

Comment

• Troll has been banned for homophobic comments.

Comment

Working...
                                X