No announcement yet.

Biohazard 5 Demo Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't, because afaik there is no reliable way to rip a PS3 game, let alone a weirdo one like this with a hybrid bluray VIDEO / bluray GAME structure. Even if I could, I wouldn't go hosting a 1GB file. Thats just asking for trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
      Even if I could, I wouldn't go hosting a 1GB file. Thats just asking for trouble.
      I'm pretty sure it wouldn't sit well with Capcom either, demo or not. Just look at how they handled the Japanese 360 demo, I'm pretty sure they'd attempt to come down on the site hard if we were giving out links.

Comment

any news on when us Europeans will be getting the demo? Im itching to buy a PS3 but have semi convinced myself to wait and buy both the console and Resi 5 on release date..however, i would probably buy the PS3 now if i thought i could get the demo!!!!

Comment

Good article, and leaps and bounds better than the POS articles that Eurogamer do.
          http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
          http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
          Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
            I'm pretty sure it wouldn't sit well with Capcom either, demo or not. Just look at how they handled the Japanese 360 demo, I'm pretty sure they'd attempt to come down on the site hard if we were giving out links.
            Yeah, theres always that.

Theres no firm date for Europe yet. All we know is that Japan is getting a PSN demo (probably the same one as the disc) in January, US is getting it (no platform mentioned, probably both) in 2009.

Comment

To many people as well bare in mind the differences are only really down to how each console renders specific effects, not a limitation on any hardware at all.

The open shot with the tannoy guy shows the smoke effects are present on the PS3 version are there, but not as much volume. No doubt Capcom will fix many of these issues during optimisation.

Didn't someone from Capcom say the PS3 verison demo was taken from an early stage of development?

Either way, it's clear both versions look great but the X360 just edges ahead with some more 'complete' effects, so to speak. But like Dot says, let's see what happens on release, (or nearer release).
              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

I never heard anyone give any word on differences from the builds or any dates.

As more demo's come out (US, Europe), I'll check them against the shots here. If theres any change, I'll note it.

Comment

360 version looks better, it's strange? .... usually multiplatform games look a bit better on Xbox 360.

Comment

Well I'm still getting the PS3 version.
                    sigpic

Comment

ya i dont care either about this whole comparison i really dont give a crap about it
                      hehe but il be getting the ps3 version thats for sure an also becuse its the only one i got so XD

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                        (...) As more demo's come out (US, Europe), I'll check them against the shots here. If theres any change, I'll note it.
                        Appreciated. And despite prefering the look on X360 version, i agree with you Dot when you say: "(...) The Xbox 360 version seems to have more of a green tint to it, and the Playstation 3 seems to have more of a red tone. To my eyes, the Playstation 3 version looks a bit more natural, (...)".

Edit: Oh, i evolved from a cockroach into a bat, this is really cool!
                        Last edited by IGUANO; 12-30-2008, 09:17 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

i already preorder the 360 version

not quiet a really trolling
                          but, no offense, but the 360 version just rape the ps3 one

look at the crap textures on ps3, come on guys...
                          360 usually is better in multi games
                          360 is the main platform of development in this game
                          ps3 doesnt like the mt framework as well
                          old build? i think about 360 is behind in dev, the devs told it recently...

so what we could expected?
                          Last edited by HOTvirus; 12-30-2008, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Dot you are on N4G

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                              360 version looks better, it's strange? .... usually multiplatform games look a bit better on Xbox 360.
                              If you go by Capcom's track record, the differences will be negligible with the final games. Even then, you'll have the occasional wise ass who will claim that one version is "clearly" superior to the other.

The most important things are a stable frame rate and keeping tearing to a minimum.
                              Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 12-30-2008, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I am sure you wont be able to tell the difference, by each game's final build, because their will be the good old Capcom Polish on each title.

Comment

Working...
                                X