• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HOTvirus View Post
    i already preorder the 360 version

not quiet a really trolling
    but, no offense, but the 360 version just rape the ps3 one

look at the crap textures on ps3, come on guys...
    360 usually is better in multi games
    360 is the main platform of development in this game
    ps3 doesnt like the mt framework as well
    old build? i think about 360 is behind in dev, the devs told it recently...

so what we could expected?
    I agree wholeheartedly! Did you preorder collector's or regular, I did the collector's.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
      If you go by Capcom's track record, the differences will be negligible with the final games. Even then, you'll have the occasional wise ass who will claim that one version is "clearly" superior to the other.

The most important things are a stable frame rate and keeping tearing to a minimum.
      For what i've seen now the textures of the Biohazard 5 demo are a lot better on 360 than on PS3, nothing more. And since RE5 is developed on PCs (360's structure is very similar to PCs) i think it's not so strange, I'm wrong?
      You're off I'm not a 360 fan boy, but I'm not blind... 360 demo screenshots looks better.

Comment

The textures on the PS3 version don't look as though they are lower resolution to me; they look to be blurred by comparison though. Makes me think that the PS3 version is not 720p native and uses software upscale. Don’t suppose there is anyway of checking that right now? I think they might be using quincunx aliasing on the PS3 verion, that adds a slight blur to the overall image but has a benefit of smoother edges.

There is without a doubt a lack of self shadow and certain particle effects are missing on the PS3 one though. Wonder if that is to do with the possible software upscale or post process filters that might be applied. Chris nose casts a shadow on his lip, but there isn’t any around his ear, quite odd, definitely something going on there.

I see both versions have a filter over them as well during the cut scenes, a film grain effect or something, similar to something used on the original Manhunt although less severe. Are the cut-scenes pre-rendered? I assumed they were since they were since in gameplay videos I have seen there is a slight pause between the cut-scene starting.

I think the shader problem on the PS3 versions is actually more to do with the fact that some objects don’t seem to be normal mapped. They might be using a different effect, Midnight Club: LA and Dead Space seemed to use alternate methods.

My guess is software upscale and possibly a lack of normal mapping on the PS3 version.

Comment

@dredgon: normal version, my LE will be for the first awesome figures of chris and wesker thats appears

@pogo: remember the same "issue" that happens in gta4 version of ps3

Comment

I can't but say that I also had the feeling that cut-scenes are prerendered. Good to know that I'am not alone.
            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

To answer a question: No. The cutscenes are not pre-rendered. They use the game engine, but with higher-res models. Takeuchi has said "..thus, the game fits easily on the 360 DVD."

Also, even with the size difference in the two demos, it seems like the size will be much greater on the ps3 release in the final build. Don't developers normally take advantage of the greater storage capacity on the ps3 blu-ray disk to store higher-res textures with final versions??

Comment

The size is different becouse B-ray has an high capacity but a bad system of data compression.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                  Dot you are on N4G
                  omgz we r faymuss

Comment

Dot50Cal over at The-Horror.com put together a great comparison gallery between the 360 and PS3 versions of the Resident Evil 5 demo. The conclusion? The 360 version seems to be noticeably sharper looking and has more effects and shadowing.
                    Congrats on making the front page of kotaku, Dot.

Comment

Yeah, I feel all warm and fuzzy how the site is DOG SLOW right now ;p

Comment

Congrats indeed! This is like the second time this year, first with RE2 remake news and now this.
                        Last edited by alf717; 12-30-2008, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Yeah, you're also on Kotaku

The Resident Evil 5 demo looks stunning on both consoles. But when they're shown side-by-side, it appears one has a slight graphical edge over the other.

Comment

We should start charging people for viewing these outstanding Dot50Cal full-length features.

That's right, I said we.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                              For what i've seen now the textures of the Biohazard 5 demo are a lot better on 360 than on PS3, nothing more. And since RE5 is developed on PCs (360's structure is very similar to PCs) i think it's not so strange, I'm wrong?
                              You're off I'm not a 360 fan boy, but I'm not blind... 360 demo screenshots looks better.
                              You're mentioning a demo again, and I was making a point using precedent with final versions. I was merely pointing out the obvious that those builds are old ones (demo codes aren't released overnight), and both versions are likely going to look better at release. The whereabouts of insinuating that you're a 360 fanboy in that point is a mystery to me.

DMC4 is a MT Framework game as well, and the PS3 did end up with better looking shaders and 60fps cutscenes among other little bits. In motion and overall, the two console versions were identical. The same will apply for RE5.

I've already read Kotaku impressions of some co-op areas that weren't in the demo for both consoles, they're reportedly identical unlike the demos.

Comment

I got the demo disc yesterday and the game looks fantastic, sure you can notice some differences but is not that bad in motion, as matter of fact I'm really impresses with how the game looks in terms of jaggies, I was expecting something worse.

What I like about the PS3 version is the absence of tearing, but I guess is because I played the 360 demo through VGA.
                                Last edited by Zombie; 12-31-2008, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X