No announcement yet.

Biohazard 5 Demo Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being on Kotaku oughtta be good for the site's traffic, even though Kotaku is a joke of a video game "news" site.

Comment

We should leak this news to 1UP. They'll have a field day with it.

See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
        The size is different becouse B-ray has an high capacity but a bad system of data compression.
        First I have read this, where are you getting that from? The increased size of games on the PS3 is usually to do with the fact that developers put the same files on the disk multiple times to make them easier to access since the blu-ray drive is slower than the DVD drive on the 360, games like Oblivion used that method.

Just a thought here, but maybe Capcom dropped the native resolution on the PS3 version in order to decrease the hard drive install and are now optimizing it around that.

In my opinion those textures aren’t a lower resolution on the PS3, it is either post process filters, software upscale and perhaps quincunx anti-aliasing, plus the added fact that normal mapping isn’t as extensively used, resulting in objects being less reflective/catching the light as well. There seems to be less jaggies on the PS3 screenshots, games like Grand Theft Auto IV have shown that software upscale decreases the hardness of edges as well.

The shadows and particle effects are a mystery though; anyone got any ideas as to what might be the cause of that?

Comment

Tearing on the 360

Hi,

Just one post to tell people using the 360 version to use a 720p screen resolution.
          Resolutions >720p (even 768p on VGA) induce tearing whereas using a 720p resolution won't show any sign of tearing at all.
          Same thing with all capcom games (Dead Rising, Lost Planet, DMC4)

Comment

I use vga with 360 and didn't notice this tearing as you guys talking about

maybe the prob is with my eye, screen tearing thats hurt is the ones we can find in saints row 1 and 2...

Comment

im getting both versions so i don't care but im really glade to be a multi-plat owner, both consoles have terrible ports so it's nice to have an option to get the less horrible version.

Comment

Originally posted by theocitron View Post
                Hi,

Just one post to tell people using the 360 version to use a 720p screen resolution.
                Resolutions >720p (even 768p on VGA) induce tearing whereas using a 720p resolution won't show any sign of tearing at all.
                Same thing with all capcom games (Dead Rising, Lost Planet, DMC4)
                Explains why I was getting tearing so constantly during cutscenes on 1080p.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

The rendering resolution doesn't change when setting the console output higher than 1280x720, so that really has not effect on tearing (or lack of).

Comment

Dot50Cal, could you confirm whether or not the button layout for the PS3 demo version has the same basic command setup as the Xbox 360 demo version? ...mainly for the top shoulder buttons.

It might seem strange to assume that they aren't the same but I remember Dead Space swapped the shoulder button commands depending on which version you played (RT = fire weapon/R2 = stomp, etc.). Just curious.
                    Last edited by Berserker; 01-03-2009, 08:13 PM.

Comment

They swapped them (and rightfully so imo). PS3 triggers just weren't meant for the way that the 360 uses its triggers.
                      Edit: Talking about Type A here, I don't know about D.
                      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 01-03-2009, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                        The rendering resolution doesn't change when setting the console output higher than 1280x720, so that really has not effect on tearing (or lack of).
                        Unless the tearing is somehow tied to the scaling (or evt the image device/screen).

'cause honestly, I replayed Dead Rising recently (currently over 1080p HDMI) and it was tearing itself to hell and back again at times, and when I played it on my old box w/component (720p) a couple of years ago... I don't recall it tearing anywhere near that much.

I'm actually somewhat tempted to try to hook up both the old and new w/component->VGA->HDMI and swap resolutions around just to see if it has any effect.

Comment

Don't know about that. I replayed DR to death during the summer upscaled to 1080p (via HDMI) and I didn't run into much tearing. LP on the other hand tears too often, more so than NGS on the PS3.

Comment

I can't view any of the bigger pics
                            the ps3 demo cases and install progress have a black square and red dot and the comparison pics just stay on "Loading Image..."
                            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, hang on. That should be fixed in a day or so. Doing some back-end maintenance on the site.

Comment

Fixed

Comment

Working...
                                X