The PS3 version is blurred as hell.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Where's the CO-OP camparison, Dot? :p

Comment

Originally posted by ganado View Post
        Where's the CO-OP camparison, Dot? :p
        Been asking the same question a few times.
        Could need a couple of split-screen co-op comparison shots, just to make the circle complete.

Could be nice both for the feature and for future referencing when the retail version comes out (I assume we'll be doing a possible demo vs retail update to the whole feature then)

Comment

i cant wait for my copy of the demo comes in , btw thanks Dot

Comment

Co-op is really nothing huge to compare. They look like the same screens, only shrunk down. The PS3's framerate takes a bigger hit than the 360's.

Comment

I've received the ps3 demo today. It's the first time I see spanish menus and text with "Biohazard" title screen instead of "Resident Evil"
              Seriously, with all the action is hard to notice all these graphic details, but obviously it would be great if the PS3 version graphics become as good as the xbox360's...
              Well... the play experience... enhanced BIO4, as expected. No complains, of course, Bio4 formula is still new, and the old formula was kept for 6 games. But sincerely, I would prefer the possibility of a "1 player without Sheva" mode.
              Anyway, There is a lot to be revealed. I can't wait to the release date

Comment

Is there any way of uploading the PS3 demo? I understand it installs it to the HDD of the PS3 so surely there's a way of getting the files off it.

I'm hoping it'll turn up on the Japanese PSN this week either way.

Comment

As far as I know, there is not

Comment

Okay, I'm uploading the file now to my server

After watching the video, I gotta say that I'd prefer the PS3 version. It looks heaps cleaner and way more vibrant.

Comment

Uploading is done

Click

Comment

I bought a 46" LCD TV today, and finally played the demo on Xbox360.

I really hope they do something about the screen tearing. I wasn't playing over HDMI, because the console is an old unit. Will this contribute anything to the screen-tearing.
                        I was using the HD cable that came with the 360 (forget what they're called).

As for the gameplay, colour me unimpressed.
                        RE4 HD. I got killed by the executioner, because I didn't know where to go. And I passed the level first try, it seemed the chainsaw maniac was very forgiving.
                        sigpic

Comment

the odd thing is that the 360 demo's tearing was nowhere to be seen in SD, or atleast that's the way it was for me, i've played it on both my 24'' SD TV and 21'' PC monitor via VGA. Tearing's obvious in the cutscenes in HD, couldn't spot any tearing during actual gameplay though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post

Will this contribute anything to the screen-tearing.
                            I was using the HD cable that came with the 360 (forget what they're called).
                            Nope, v-sync will have to be enabled in-hardware so the cables make no difference. It's component by the way, and congrats on your new TV. I got another one last year, but I keep a CRT in the corner for old games. What did you end up getting? There are so many great deals where I am that it's tempting to get another one.

Unless you're going to sit 4 feet away like "someone" here, the difference between HDMI and component should be negligible on the 360. Makes quite a bit of difference on the PS3 though, and useful for audio if you have a newer receiver.
                            Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 01-20-2009, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I just had my disk come in. First thing I liked better on the 360 were the controls. Granted those took some getting used to, but I'll probably experiment with the different setups a bit more.

Second...perhaps its just because my tv is newer and has a better screen quality than my brother's, but to me the PS3 picture looks a bit better. Still looks great either way.
                              sigpic
                              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

After playing the PS3 version this morning, I much prefer it. I find the frame-rate drops far less distracting than the screen tearing.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X