No announcement yet.

Biohazard 5 Demo Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played the PS3 Demo at last the games great but I had to change the controls as close to RE4's ones because when I first played I never lasted 3 mins I was so use to RE4's controls but it's done know but there is one bug problem I sported so fair it's with the Axeman I went into a room where he caint knoof the wall down and I was hope to kill him ther but he went right thought a door that was twice as small as him I try it again and it happen again has anyone else had the same problem.

Comment

Could you please update the comparison with the PS3 February demo? I can tell you the PS3 captures of the comparison are from a WAY older build. Just asking you because there's some people taking your comparison as gospel.

For example in this picture

PS3

You can see the PS3 lacks bump maps totally on those metal surfaces

And this is a picture from my crappy cellphone.

Comment

It's the same build for the most part, and there are no real differences between the textures and effects (other than the missing volumetric ones in the cutscenes at present).

The demo is a bit buggier visually on the PS3. I'm not sure about the western demos, but the Japanese one's AA seems to go off or on every time I boot it. When it's off, texture details are as visible as the 360.

So it's safe to conclude that it's qunicunx AA on the PS3, and unless the final version uses a temporal solution like DMC4, the 360 version will have that edge. I'd personally would rather have no AA if my only choice was QAA.

Comment

thats what I'm talking about, the western demo. I'd like a comparison with the western demo... because I really see differences.

Comment

sorry dot, looks like your comparison has been trumped :p

Comment

is the ps3 capable of having textures as sharp as the ones seen on RE5 360? Or is it just not possible. I thought the devs could tap into the cell to make up for what they don't have in the RSX. Anybody?

Comment

Sure it is. Just take a look at Uncharted for some really high resolution textures, with some equally as high specular mapping.

Comment

why is it that the xbox seems to always have better multiplatform versions of games? I really like the graphics so far on the 360 version of RE5. Do you think they will get as good for the ps3? I have both and I'm kinda leaning toward the ps3 since I'm kinda counting on my 360 crapping out in time. I have a launch version that is still running strong however.

Comment

Most of the games are made on 360 first, due to a number of factors. The main one being that its the highest selling of the two. So developers lead on 360, and then port the results to PS3.

Honestly, as I mention in this, I only noticed the differences when I viewed them by overlaying them on each other. I seriously doubt you'll get a big loss by going with the PS3 version. But in the end its a personal decision that you'll have to make.

Blitz, as for your shots there, I took a look and it appears that the specular mapping takes a couple seconds to load on the PS3. At the time of the capture, it didn't load in. I'll have a look some more this weekend if I have some free time.

Comment

• Thank You, So is Resident Evil 5 developed for the 360 first this time around too??

Comment

• I doubt there are any real differences between the two other than the type of AA used. I just noticed your post on B3D, and it confirms my speculation that they're using QAA on the PS3 so the texture details are going to pop up more on the 360.

If the tearing and frame rate hitches aren't fixed up in the final versions, I'd say that both versions are essentially the same much like DMC4.

Seems that Kobayashi's team got a better grip on the PS3 hardware or made better design decisions than Takeuchi's team. The base platforms for their games is still the PC after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by SandokTheSlayer View Post
                          Thank You, So is Resident Evil 5 developed for the 360 first this time around too??
                          No, all of Capcom's used their proprietary engine that runs on PC's. They didn't port the code to the consoles until the project was 60% complete. Since the 360 architecture is closer to the PC than the PS3, they were able to get the game running on it quicker. Any differences you'll end up seeing are mostly due to the way the systems run and handle the game.

EDIT: Anyone familiar with the PC DMC4 knows that it wipes the floor with both console versions and then some. So, should RE5 see a PC version (it might now because of DMC4's poor sales on the platform), it will be the definitive version.
                          Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 02-06-2009, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• BD3? Anyways so the textures are going to look sharper on the 360? I've noticed the mesh on chris's shoulder are much more detailed on the 360 than the ps3. Will this type of stuff even out? Or like in the comparison, will the face textures and details be as good as 360?

And what is QAA??
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 02-08-2009, 03:35 AM. Reason: Please don't double post.

Comment

• qunicunx anti aliasing. A supersampling method that provides a good edge AA but also blurs the overall image thereby hiding some texture detail... like the differences you're seeing.

DMC4 used another method, but they also opted with a blur filter that hid details a bit. In motion, they were indistinguishable though.

Comment

• I still the say the comparison is null now, but I dont have a capture card (that captures 720p), so i'll let Dot do it if he wants. But I tell you for sure that the PS3 version isn't like that on the February demo.

Comment

Working...
                                X