Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPD Dispatch 9 - Degeneration

Degeneration!1

It was good...except for the ending when Leon turned into a super man and Claire's role dwindled down to nothing. Should have been more zombies. Should have been more zombies killing people. And I wanted more BOWs. G-Curtis was a bit boring.

However...despite its flaws, it was still greater than any of the live action movies.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

"Talkin' 'bout (De)generation!"

So, I posted this in the other Degen thread, but I figure I'll repost it here since I imagine this is the "official" thread for discussion regarding the film, and for anyone who may have missed it in the other thread and would be interested in reading my thoughts on it. I wrote these rather lengthy impressions for another forum (and by lengthy, I mean I overshot the character limit and had to substantially edit the post), and since I'm not sure what the character limit is here, I'll just link to the post instead of reproducing the text here.

Not sure how many people will actually care enough to read through it, but as my opinion usually appears to be contrary to the majority of RE fans these days (regarding RE4, for example, and I imagine Degeneration as well), I thought it might be interesting to share my thoughts for some discussion. So, have at it, and for anyone who actually reads through the entire thing, I salute you!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
        It was good...except for the ending when Leon turned into a super man and Claire's role dwindled down to nothing. Should have been more zombies. Should have been more zombies killing people. And I wanted more BOWs. G-Curtis was a bit boring.

However...despite its flaws, it was still greater than any of the live action movies.
        Exactly what I think, EXACTLY

Comment

Mass amounts of text Archelon...I'll skim through it though. I agree that the moments between Leon and Claire were nice, but terrible with him and Angela. That's why I hated the last part of the movie. I also like your point about Curtis being a sympathetic villain...but I thought for the most part that once he was in his mutated state that the chance to really show off how much of a badass monster he was got completely taken away. Most of the time he walked around while people shot at him and that was about it.

I watched it on DVD and haven't gotten my Blu-Ray copy just yet. For anyone that has seen both, is there any real difference graphics wise?
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Mass amounts of text Archelon
            Ha ha. Yeah, I have a tendency to go a bit overboard.

Comment

=] It's alright. You were very thorough and detailed. I think it sums up the movie pretty nicely.
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I'm just wondering why the G-virus turned Curtis in to the exact copy of the monster in RE2. Why? Is it because of Leon and Clare? We're they being lazy, or was it for the fans?

O a positive note I loved the Umbrella style umbrella Clare used. Made me giggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef_jerky_yo View Post
                  I'm just wondering why the G-virus turned Curtis in to the exact copy of the monster in RE2. Why? Is it because of Leon and Clare? We're they being lazy, or was it for the fans?
                  I'm not sure I'd call it an exact copy. About the only things Curtis and Birkin had in common were the massive eyeball on the right shoulder and the giant clawed right hand. Curtis' second mutation had almost nothing in common (aside from what I just mentioned) with any of Birkin's transformations.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                    I'm not sure I'd call it an exact copy. About the only things Curtis and Birkin had in common were the massive eyeball on the right shoulder and the giant clawed right hand. Curtis' second mutation had almost nothing in common (aside from what I just mentioned) with any of Birkin's transformations.
                    Though, as Leon mentioned, it did have the similar need to "mate" with Angela due to their matching genetics. Birkin had that same trait when he passed the G-embryo to Sherry. Love how Leon was not only super man, but a viral expert as well.
                    sigpic
                    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I think that's just due to the fact that they could add extra detail in a cg movie 10 years newer than that game.

From what we've seen in RE games random mutations happen randomly. Why would the G-Virus grow a giant eye in a shoulder anyway? I would understand it, if it were a random mutation, but it happened both times.

Comment

Though, as Leon mentioned, it did have the similar need to "mate" with Angela due to their matching genetics. Birkin had that same trait when he passed the G-embryo to Sherry.
                        I thought all G-Types had that ability, though?

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                          I thought all G-Types had that ability, though?
                          What other G-monsters has Leon encountered? Perhaps since its been a while since I last played RE2, but I barely remember Leon learning the more in depth fuctions and drives of G-Monsters. I also mentioned it because it was something that when he said it in the movie, I was actually surprised to hear it because that was one of the things touched upon in the games.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

What other G-monsters has Leon encountered? Perhaps since its been a while since I last played RE2, but I barely remember Leon learning the more in depth fuctions and drives of G-Monsters. I also mentioned it because it was something that when he said it in the movie, I was actually surprised to hear it because that was one of the things touched upon in the games.
                            I'm pretty sure it explains it in one of the files, but now that you mention, you may only get said file/s in Claire's scenarios. That would certainly make a lot more sense, since she has to create the vaccine for Sherry.

Okay, yeah, you only get the file in the Claire A scenario. I guess we can assume Claire told Leon about it, though, at some point after the events of RE2, since I imagine he'd probably want to know what Claire injected Sherry with and why.
                            Last edited by Archelon; 01-03-2009, 12:12 AM.

Comment

i hate to say it but the movie was like a RE cliche book

Comment

Working...
                              X