No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 9 - Degeneration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very good movie i like it alot , better than the live movies tho i just hope they make another one btw ive posted new pics of the Degeneration blu-ray box set

Comment

I really enjoyed the movie and I've watched it 2 times so far, shooting for a third sometime soon. I have to agree that during the movie, Leon was a little bland. I found him to have hardly any personality and I loved how he was sent flying like 100 feet by G-Curtis swiping at him and when he bounced off the wall, he instantly got right back up and started running like nothing even happened. The brief flashbacks of Raccoon City and Birkin however were really nice. I also liked Claire a lot too, just wish she was shown more instead of giving Leon most of the screen time. I just wish there were more zombies and B.O.W.s in the movie. Still was much much better than the shit Anderson has ever made.
      Last edited by Spera01; 01-03-2009, 02:59 AM.

Comment

All I can say is I watched the movie with a friend who is also a long time fan of the series and we both agreed that even though it wasn't perfect, it better than anything Anderson put out.

Comment

I love the movie but I really don't like the Angela character, her relationship with Leon is silly and of course Claire, I was expecting the good old Claire from RE2 and CV.

For a first try, is a great movie and 100 times better than the Paul WS Anderson movies in my honest opinion.

Comment

claire's brief gun rampage was better then any non sensical bullshit that leon pulled off ..

Comment

Well, I thought it was entertaining for an RE romp, and yes, a better experience than the Anderson films. However there were things that perturbed me.

The first is G-Curtis's ability to talk after significant mutation. The G-virus indicates a loss of humanity with the mutations (not even William could talk during his steel pipe stage). Besides, The scene could have projected the same thing with just body language and perhaps roars.

The second is Leon's reconciliation towards Claire and his excuse for her inactivity is that she's a protector (or something) and not a fighter. Ridiculous. RE2 and especially CV contradict the hell out of that. Not to mention her defying physics and taking out over a dozen guards in the beginning of CV.

Comment

Can we send the mp3 or Skype messages yet?

Comment

I liked Degeneration for being a good popcorn flick

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                    not even William could talk during his steel pipe stage
                    He was screaming the "Sherry" line in his first stage.

About the film, as lots of people have already said, it wasn't perfect, but it was still better than Anderson's films. There was a good mix of action, cliché and zombie/mutants scenes.
                    From the technical point, the lip synch was bad, especially at the beginning of the film (later on it was much better) and the CGI itself wasn't so good as in Advent Child or even Spirit Within. But it was still nice.

The only thing that I disliked about the film was Leon - he was so soulless through the entire film and so different than his RE4 self. It's not that I like RE4 Leon so much, it's only that Capcom could at least try to have his character constant (like they are doing with Claire), rather than changing it in every game/film. Not to mention, do we really need Leon flirting with another women? Leon - Ada was the first true love story in RE universe, and it was destroyed by Leon saying "So, it's true. You, working with Wesker" after not seeing her for 6 years :/. Then, later, in the very same game Leon was hitting on Hunnigan (the scene after credits). And now a year later he is suddenly in love with Angela.

Also, it was nice to at last have a bad character that you can sympathise with (Curtis), and a true villain that wasn't so obvious from the beginning (I really thought that Senator Davis is the mastermind behind this, and not Frederic - he seemed to be such a nice guy).

Overall, I really enjoyed the film.

Comment

I don't know, I think Leon's reached the point where he's become so jaded from everything that he's seen and done, that it just doesn't mean anything to him anymore. You don't survive something like Raccoon City and not suffer from any psychiatric issues. Seeing that alone is enough to unhinge anyone's mind. Even some of the UBCS, former soldiers, couldn't quite believe it. Look at what Mark recites in one of his post-scenario endings, about "war being better than this" - and he's a former Vietnam veteran, so he's seen all kinds of stuff out there.

Leon, he was just a rookie police officer. Makes me wonder about Claire.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

The second is Leon's reconciliation towards Claire and his excuse for her inactivity is that she's a protector (or something) and not a fighter. Ridiculous. RE2 and especially CV contradict the hell out of that. Not to mention her defying physics and taking out over a dozen guards in the beginning of CV.
                        You misunderstood the entire scene, then. Claire joined an NGO, something Chris and Leon would never do given their position, drive and abilities. She choose to aid others in a different way.

He's not saying "lawl you cant shoot for shit bitch".
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                          I don't know, I think Leon's reached the point where he's become so jaded from everything that he's seen and done, that it just doesn't mean anything to him anymore. You don't survive something like Raccoon City and not suffer from any psychiatric issues. Seeing that alone is enough to unhinge anyone's mind. Even some of the UBCS, former soldiers, couldn't quite believe it. Look at what Mark recites in one of his post-scenario endings, about "war being better than this" - and he's a former Vietnam veteran, so he's seen all kinds of stuff out there.
                          I'd also imagine that compared to what he went through in RE4, this was a cakewalk.

Comment

I really liked Degeneration. sure it had some flaws, some really big flaws got to tell ya, but they doesn't matter to me. I give Degeneration 8 out of 10 like a movie fan, and 9 out of 10 as a RE fan.
                            And you have a great review there Archelon, totally agree with you and it was worth reading.
                            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
                              And you have a great review there Archelon, totally agree with you and it was worth reading.
                              Thanks a lot. It's much appreciated.

So what did everyone think of the extras? I actually laughed pretty hard at some of the voice "bloopers."

Comment

The only real voice bloopers I liked were Leon's "Dont leave me" part and when Claire goes apeshit and starts triggering the explosion. The Leon interview had me smiling a bit too. The best thing for me was the high-def trailer for RE5 on my new tv. ^__^
                                sigpic
                                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Working...
                                X