RPD Dispatch 9 - Degeneration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
    The only real voice bloopers I liked were Leon's "Dont leave me" part and when Claire goes apeshit and starts triggering the explosion.
    Those are actually the two that made me laugh, ha ha.

Hey, found some new footage of the Degeneration cellphone game. It looks like the Tyrant from CODE: Veronica is a boss, and, ironically, you fight him in the cargo hold of an airplane.

playing movie of N-Gage Resident Evil Degeneration Chapter 5, 6, 8.Recorded by SoftBank X02NK (Nokia N95)
    Last edited by Archelon; 01-03-2009, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Looks more like the Tyrant from RE1...

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
        Looks more like the Tyrant from RE1...
        Methinks you need glasses, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkolas View Post
          Can we send the mp3 or Skype messages yet?
          mp3's always. Skype line is only open 24 hours prior to recording.

Comment

I got the Bio-Degen BR box a few days ago.
            Firstly, I was very glad it's region free. It took me a while to work out the menus and to turn the subtitles off but I got there eventually.

I really enjoyed the movie. It looks fantastic on Blu-ray.
            There were some scenes, like when they were on the crashed plane, looking down on zombies in the airport, when I could have imagined taking over with the controller. I can't wait till games actually look that good!
            The story was okay but I felt like it was all over pretty fast and not a whole lot happened. It was more like an 'episode' than any type of epic movie. But I like how it followed RE2 and RE4 and also helped set up RE5.
            Claire was a bit off. What was with her outfit? She's lost her way since her cool gear from RE2. In CV and Degeneration her fashion sense is horrible.
            This will sound crazy but... 'I think I like Leon'. Maybe it's because everyone else seems to hate him so much? Yes, he was so wooden he was more robot than man and I HATE his damn hair but he's becoming cool. Even more cool than he was in RE4. No personality is better than the wrong personality and he's Terminator(ish).
            The film is a nice expansion on the canon.

I'm disappointed about that Degeneration game only being on mobile phones. I hope that changes with some sort of port. It looks okay and I'd like to have the Degeneration story in game form as well as the movie.

Comment

Just finished recording, but we didn't have any phone calls, which was disappointing. I'll have to edit it tomorrow (been up for 24 hours ). So good night everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Beef_jerky_yo View Post
                I think that's just due to the fact that they could add extra detail in a cg movie 10 years newer than that game.

From what we've seen in RE games random mutations happen randomly. Why would the G-Virus grow a giant eye in a shoulder anyway? I would understand it, if it were a random mutation, but it happened both times.
                I used to take it that its because Birkin inject the G-virus by the arm (in other words, entry point of G-virus = the spot where the eye grow), but Degeneration character's profiles say that all G-virus mutation's arm will have an eyeball.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                  Well, I thought it was entertaining for an RE romp, and yes, a better experience than the Anderson films. However there were things that perturbed me.

The first is G-Curtis's ability to talk after significant mutation. The G-virus indicates a loss of humanity with the mutations (not even William could talk during his steel pipe stage). Besides, The scene could have projected the same thing with just body language and perhaps roars.

The second is Leon's reconciliation towards Claire and his excuse for her inactivity is that she's a protector (or something) and not a fighter. Ridiculous. RE2 and especially CV contradict the hell out of that. Not to mention her defying physics and taking out over a dozen guards in the beginning of CV.
                  Like CiarenDevlin said, you just misinterpreted it a little. It mean Claire is taking the back role (like how she protect Sherry/Rani, attempt to solve the bio-terrorism problem by joining Terra-Save and the protests etc), but Leon's the one that is loading the guns and entering the fight like for example RE4, RE Degeneration. (though ironically, it was Leon who was actually the one doing the backstage jobs before RE4, by sending Ark Thompson to investigate Umbrella in RE: Survivor and contacting Chris for Claire in Code: Veronica).

can't wait to listen to the recording
                  Last edited by xfactor; 01-11-2009, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                    I used to take it that its because Birkin inject the G-virus by the arm (in other words, entry point of G-virus = the spot where the eye grow), but Degeneration character's profiles say that all G-virus mutation's arm will have an eyeball.
                    Also Birkin injects himself in the stomach or chest.

There's also that limb that appears in one of the RE2 film's in the stasis tube, again with the huge eye.

Lisa Trevor also has an eye on her right shoulder, although due to her deformities it looks like it's on her back.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I'm well into editing the podcast, but the 2-hour JACK BAUER HOUR OF POWER begins in 45 minutes, so It'll be a little bit before this is done (though probably within this night if you are in the US).

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                        I'm well into editing the podcast, but the 2-hour JACK BAUER HOUR OF POWER begins in 45 minutes, so It'll be a little bit before this is done (though probably within this night if you are in the US).
                        You're forgiven for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                          Also Birkin injects himself in the stomach or chest.

There's also that limb that appears in one of the RE2 film's in the stasis tube, again with the huge eye.

Lisa Trevor also has an eye on her right shoulder, although due to her deformities it looks like it's on her back.
                          I always assumed that Birkin injected the G-Virus directly into his heart to spread the virus faster. Injecting it anywhere else wouldn't have made much sense to be honest as he was literally minutes away from dying from blood loss and/or hypoxia, so injecting it straight into the heart he decreased the virus' travel time and it got to spread to their specific organs to repair the trauma caused by Hunk's team. Of course, I thought that the rapid mutation we saw which turned him into a Tyrant right away was caused because of the massive trauma the G-Virus needed to repair (this assumption was based on the fact that Birkin always mutates into a stronger form after he is seriously injured). But thanks to Degeneration, I'm not sure what to think anymore... Curtis in Degeneration went straight for the G1 stage of G-Virus infection and totally breezed by the G0 stage :

Last edited by Project Omega; 01-11-2009, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post

And two more hours will air on Monday. We are dealing with an explosion OF JACK BAUER POWER!!!!
                            Last edited by aris13; 01-11-2009, 09:15 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

The explosion was too much, so the show has been delayed til tomorrow. But on a more serious note, I'm on some medication which knocks me out at times (hence why I was late to getting to edit this in the first place), so I'm about to fall asleep while editing here, and that wont be good for anyone.

I'll pick it back up in the morning and will have it out definitely tomorrow.

Comment

The explosion was pretty wild. Lots of Tony.

Comment

Working...
                                X