RPD Dispatch 9 - Degeneration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    Just finished recording, but we didn't have any phone calls, which was disappointing. I'll have to edit it tomorrow (been up for 24 hours ). So good night everyone!
    I woulda called in, but I forgot

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
      But thanks to Degeneration, I'm not sure what to think anymore... Curtis in Degeneration went straight for the G1 stage of G-Virus infection and totally breezed by the G0 stage
      I did actually mention how I thought the G-mutation speed was wrong on the podcast, but no one else seemed to think it was out of the ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
        I did actually mention how I thought the G-mutation speed was wrong on the podcast, but no one else seemed to think it was out of the ordinary.
        If one would like to theorize on a lot of stuff... I guess a possibility is that Birkin, might've been previously injected with something else. Like some sort of preventative, incase of a leak or something. (some cheapo experimental version of something ala. the one Wesker injects himself with to resurrect himself) Resulting in him somehow having a slower mutation process than Curtis.

Or... the strain of the G-Virus featured in Degeneration is somehow improved upon. (doses seems to be around the same size, comparing cutscene footage with degeneration) Curtis wears a coat before he starts his huge mutation, though. Maybe he was hiding a minor G0 under there

Or... since William was (most likely) fatally wounded, the process was slower on him (Priority 1: Get body up and running again. Priority 2: Mutate). Curtis is definitively in better shape during his injection than William was, that's for sure!

Or... it could be good ol' movie magic at work!

Comment

It wasnt that great Re movie that I have always been anticipating to be honest I dont think we are gonna get that now but I definatley enjoyed it and will watch it again and again. Extras where pretty cool to, loved the voice bloopers specially the ones with Claire also the one where Leon says "Dont leave me". There are alot of reasons for someone not to like this movie so I understand when people say that but at the end of the day it's a million times better than any of the Anderson "movies" and after watching Degen it's helped me forget about those "movies". Just hope he doesnt release another.

The things wrong with the film I thought was not enough character. Claire and Leon's reunion was kinda lame after everything they been through it seems they catch up by saying "What are you doing here". Thats it. Also I dont know if they meant to do it but Leon was like stone, his movements facial expressions and comments maybe after all he has been through he is abit unstable or something but damn he was boring to even look at. The other main thing that kinda hurts this movie is the fact that there is no mention to any of the other cast. Wouldnt have hurt to mention Jill, Chris, Wesker or I dont know how about the little girl that both Leon and Claire managed to lose I belive her name is Sherry. Must have a guilty consience because neither of them seem to recall her. Anyway apart from that great movie and would love to see another with the right plot and character, they have a long way to go if they wanna establish themselves with these movies so they cant get lazy, It didnt exactly break any boundaries but it did hold it's own so Im gona give it a 8/10. When you compare this to Andersons movies I gave the first a 3, 2nd a 4 and the last a 2. Id say its an improvement!

Comment

I always assumed that the G-Virus mutates someone along as soon as they take significant amount of damage, then to regenerate and for defensive purposes they had to mutate to a newer more aggressive creature.

Birkin took attacks over time from Leon and Claire, thus making his mutations appear as though they take longer. Whereas Curtis got annihilated the moment he injected the virus, causing the virus to react more violently within his body. Note how everytime he evolves it's directly after he's taken a beating.
            http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
            http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
            Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Here are some pics of Curtis' first mutation for reference. Overall, I think it was plausible. I mean, he was in the garden when the explosion went off. So the damage to his shoulder could have been a lot worse than a couple of bullets, thus accelerating the mutation. If you notice, he does wince a bit when Angela grabs his shoulder. Then the mutation starts.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 01-12-2009, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Posted!
                The site's news archive. You can post comments about each news post here.

Comment

Listening now...one thing I'd like to add is my curiosity on how the zombies got out of the plane. Those doors are not easy to open and shut. And Curtis infecting someone in the airport would also be difficult. Airport security is pretty tight so I think someone would have noticed if he was kidnapping someone, and he also had to get the virus through airport security as well.
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                    Listening now...one thing I'd like to add is my curiosity on how the zombies got out of the plane. Those doors are not easy to open and shut. And Curtis infecting someone in the airport would also be difficult. Airport security is pretty tight so I think someone would have noticed if he was kidnapping someone, and he also had to get the virus through airport security as well.
                    Not to mention how the zombies got into the cockpit in the first place to cause the crash, ha ha.

Comment

lol Yeah I forgot to mention that. Once the flight is in progress, the cockpit door is sealed. It is pracitcally a law that no one enters the cockpit.

edit- And the ending... I lol'd. You guys are right. That scene was one of the worst. Angela's dress looked like something you'd see in the 1800's. I thought I was watching a CG episode of Deadwood.
                      Last edited by Bertha; 01-12-2009, 06:55 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                        lol Yeah I forgot to mention that. Once the flight is in progress, the cockpit door is sealed. It is pracitcally a law that no one enters the cockpit.

It would've been great if we'd have picked up on stuff like this in the podcast.

Hopefully, in the future, more odd questions can be submitted pre-recording

But, yeah, I guess the moment everyone started turning to zombies and screaming for help and stuff in the back, the co-pilot decided to take a look at the situation or something

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          It would've been great if we'd have picked up on stuff like this in the podcast.

Hopefully, in the future, more odd questions can be submitted pre-recording

But, yeah, I guess the moment everyone started turning to zombies and screaming for help and stuff in the back, the co-pilot decided to take a look at the situation or something
                          I would have called in or sent an mp3 but I've been prepping for classes and haven't really had the time. I'm glad you all picked up on the lack of security. I noticed it the second time I watched but not the first time.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

You forgot to get rid of the quip about me at the end I assume it was a mistake, because there's a bit more unedited stuff (if you know what I mean) near the end too.

Great podcast as always, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                              I always assumed that the G-Virus mutates someone along as soon as they take significant amount of damage, then to regenerate and for defensive purposes they had to mutate to a newer more aggressive creature.

Birkin took attacks over time from Leon and Claire, thus making his mutations appear as though they take longer. Whereas Curtis got annihilated the moment he injected the virus, causing the virus to react more violently within his body. Note how everytime he evolves it's directly after he's taken a beating.

It could depend on time on how the G-Virus reacts, with Birkin being in his G-form for many days, while Curtis just only transformed and the virus inside was taking shape (it could be why that he still had some conscious inside him, hence being able to quickly tell his sister to run) during the heavy gun-fire.

Comment

Great show funniest one yet. Loved the bloopers specially about Fallout3. Didnt understand the bit about Remake did you say it won but you cant do it yet? Or did Zero win. You guys are really funny, hope to hear from Nomad again.

Comment

Working...
                                X