Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My issue with the Clearchat set I got is that the standard length is about 3 feet of cord, which is okay for the PC because I'm sitting at it, but it's not so much use for the PS3 unless like the PC I literally sit in front of the screen... so I had to get an extending cable piece for that. Other than that they're comfortable and as the title suggests, clear, so I avoided getting anything more expensive.

A friend of mine for years has always purchased those Noise Canceling ones, although he prefers Sennheiser's over any other companies. The first time you use them it's an odd experience like you describe, but you quickly get used to it. Much the same he still just has headphones for listening to music and doing editing and the like, but no set with a mic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
      I'm really surprised by the range they get. I was down three floors and it was still transmitting. It does seem to have its quirks with range though, it won't go through to my room from the front room, but it'll go through 3 floors (including two apartments) and into the basement? I don't get it, lol.
      Different isolation between walls and floors.
      I have the same thing, basically. I can not use it in all parts of my dungeon, but if I go upstairs I'm free to move around as I please (including exploring parts of the garden and such)

Heck. This summer I might sit outside for one of the recordings. Delicious.

Comment

I got something that works for every goddamn thing in the house haha. Turtle Beach x31 with an adapter for the ps3 and pc so I have one set of phones for everything muahahah!!!! And they rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
          Heck. This summer I might sit outside for one of the recordings. Delicious.
          With a glass of wine or something on your summer veranda.
          See you in hell.

Comment

A nice chianti and some fava beans? *makes some random slurping noise*

Comment

Personally why I never switched to wireless is that most of them require charging too frequently. I've tried playing some mamoth PC or PS3 sessions of games with friends who after about six or seven hours have to quit using their headset and switch to a wired one while they wait for their wireless set to charge again. I guess while I'd love to enjoy the freedom of wireless sets I'm currently just happy with something I can always pick up and use.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                I purchased the following week one of those Logitech Clear Chat USB headsets, which I can use on my PC and PS3 so I wouldn't sound like I was in the middle of nowhere.
                I wonder if it can be used on the 360?

Comment

Not to step on anyone's shoes but if anyone is interested I produce podcasts and I'd be willing to startup another original podcast if anyone is interested, It'd be based on the Survival Horror Theme. It would start with the best collection of survival horror games of all time and be resident evil / silent hill centric. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Comment

Working...
                  X